What say ye on the Saffold experiment at RG

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
Stacy's YPAs were down. Cunningham's were 7 for 70 or something like that.

I was so thrilled with the game I didn't focus on the run blocking as much. What I did see, my general impression was he did well. The line seemed fairly stout on the right side.

In years past, I was numb by the jail breaks on that side.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Saffold's on a contract year isn't he? I thought he was lobbying for LT money and is now playing RG? Hypothetically speaking, I can't imagine a player being too happy about that sort of thing.

duckhunter

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saffold's on a contract year isn't he? I thought he was lobbying for LT money and is now playing RG? Hypothetically speaking, I can't imagine a player being too happy about that sort of thing.

You're right there. His injuries has knocked his value back a bit. The versatility to kick inside if need be or as a floor for his contract has to be attractive. Engineer a contract based on playing time seems like the way to approach it.

If someone else wants him, make them pay. Be competitive. I like his play on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Asking a question here....Would it be smart of Saffold to sign a one year extension with the Rams to be our starting LEFT OG in 2014 & also in addition fill the top reserve Swing OT spot (2 needs). Would Saffold be worth... lets say the cap cost of a 4 mil range to bye & provide the Ram Org. the needed time to develop #1-The mandatory Swing/Third OT (Mike Persons or whomever they draft) plus provides the Rams a much better performing OLG than a Chris Williams ...also providing the Org. to develop a starting OLG . Also it could provide Saffold to put some time between his game costing injuries behind him??

Jake Long & Rodger Saffold would be a very talented left wing OL! Saffold in the end could easily be a all pro Left OG in 2014 thus set him up & put him in a much better position for a major contract in 2015. Any thoughts on this or am I just crazy?

Sum1

Hall of Fame

I guess he could be stubborn about it, sit on the bench and refuse to play guard.

I don't think that will get him anymore money though.

duckhunter

Starter
Asking a question here....Would it be smart of Saffold to sign a one year extension with the Rams to be our starting LEFT OG in 2014 & also in addition fill the top reserve Swing OT spot (2 needs). Would Saffold be worth... lets say the cap cost of a 4 mil range to bye & provide the Ram Org. the needed time to develop #1-The mandatory Swing/Third OT (Mike Persons or whomever they draft) plus provides the Rams a much better performing OLG than a Chris Williams ...also providing the Org. to develop a starting OLG . Also it could provide Saffold to put some time between his game costing injuries behind him??

Jake Long & Rodger Saffold would be a very talented left wing OL! Saffold in the end could easily be a all pro Left OG in 2014 thus set him up & put him in a much better position for a major contract in 2015. Any thoughts on this or am I just crazy?

I personally think he signs elsewhere for big bucks and a minimum 3 year contract at LT, but if he doesn't get a lot of action I would like the Rams to be in the hunt for him at g or t. Since they paid $4M for Williams, then $4M for Saffold is not unrealistic.

F. Mulder

Starter
I personally think he signs elsewhere for big bucks and a minimum 3 year contract at LT, but if he doesn't get a lot of action I would like the Rams to be in the hunt for him at g or t. Since they paid $4M for Williams, then $4M for Saffold is not unrealistic.

Did they pay $4M for Williams?

duckhunter

Starter
That's the # that was reported when he signed. Seemed high to me.