What round will the Rams draft a QB and who do you think (hope) they will choose?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I have read a lot of news and/or rumors that the Rams would be definitely drafting a QB at sometime during this Draft. Just curious on which QB's other Rams Fans like and what round(s) do you think we can expect the Rams to consider drafting one. I like A.J. McCarron but I am not sure the Rams are considering drafting a QB as high (2-3 Round?) as I think he will be selected.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they go round 2-3 then I think it will be McCarron.

Otherwise who knows. Maybe Jordan Lynch? Gilbert?

Wonderboy

Rookie
I'm not sure what round (4th maybe) but I'm hoping for Aaron Murray. That to me is a good, viable backup that you don't have to get too early. That would allow them to get a couple of secondary guys in rounds 2-3.

FRO

Legend
4th at the earliest. With the guys remaining you won't be drafting a starter, so there is no need to push need over BPA. Aaron Murray in the 4th makes way too much sense. Talented kid who could develop into a starter. Second round talent who had injury issues dropping his stock.

BadCompany

Rookie
I said it before, so I guess I might as well be consistent, despite the fact that they've said they are going to draft one; I just don't get the "need" to draft a 4th or 5th round QB. Are they really going to be better than any of our current backups? Unless you fluke out they're just going to be career backups anyways. So if Bradford goes down, or is a bust, then we're going to have to draft a QB high next year anyways. Might as well use our later picks for depth and special teams players, guys who might actually get on the field.

So having said that, I'm going to guess we draft a QB in the 2nd. Maybe even moving up some to get Carr. If you're not going to draft a guy you think can be a starter, and a good starter, what's the point?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I wonder if Derek Carr is still available if he gets taken by the Rams in the 2nd round. There were reports (I know, don't trust reports now), that the Rams really liked him. If they have him rated as a 1st rounder, they may pull the trigger then.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If Carr is available at the Rams second round pick I'd think you have to strongly consider taking him.

Although a player like Lamarcus Joyner or Marqise Lee, if they are still available of course, would fill a more pressing need.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder if Derek Carr is still available if he gets taken by the Rams in the 2nd round. There were reports (I know, don't trust reports now), that the Rams really liked him. If they have him rated as a 1st rounder, they may pull the trigger then.

That's what is scaring me right now.:unsure:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If Derek Carr is at 44, he definitely warrants consideration. As does Garappolo.

Rather have a guy like Joyner, Lee or some better talent though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I said it before, so I guess I might as well be consistent, despite the fact that they've said they are going to draft one; I just don't get the "need" to draft a 4th or 5th round QB. Are they really going to be better than any of our current backups? Unless you fluke out they're just going to be career backups anyways. So if Bradford goes down, or is a bust, then we're going to have to draft a QB high next year anyways. Might as well use our later picks for depth and special teams players, guys who might actually get on the field.

I've been making the same argument all offseason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you'll see a run on QB in round 2-3. If Rams dont pull the trigger then, it may not be until 7th round.

This team needs a #2 QB. Shaun Hill could lead this team to 7 wins if Bradford were to go down.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Has Fisher ever had a "waiting in the wings" QB? It seems as if he's always just gone with the starter and a (very) seasoned vet.

Slappy967

Starter
I expect a QB to have a Colt McCoy plummet today. Hoping its Murray/Mettenberger, Garoppalo or McCarron and it's in the 4th. I also pray to God it's not Taj Boyd.