What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I'm wondering when we're up by 3-4 TDs will the Wash. coach put RGme in.If I remember correctly didn't he say that we play dirty.It would be great to see some of the players we got because of him pound him down.

The "what have the Rams done with the picks" reminds me of this Monty Python sketch

But yes, outside of a WR who has 189 yards and a TD over the last 2 games, our starting LT, a DT, OLB and CB on the league's number 6 scoring D, what have the Rams done with the picks?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta laugh...many of these fans were the same people talking trash after 2012 about how they won the trade.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The "what have the Rams done with the picks" reminds me of this Monty Python sketch

But yes, outside of a WR who has 189 yards and a TD over the last 2 games, our starting LT, a DT, OLB and CB on the league's number 6 scoring D, what have the Rams done with the picks?

Love Monty Python, R & G! Keep them coming!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/4/...-does-dan-snyder-measure-success-redskins-nfl

Winning or $$$: How Does Dan Snyder Measure Success?
By Ken Meringolo@ItsRainingKen on Dec 4 2014

usa-today-8141434.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Dan Snyder might not be losing money, but he is losing games, and he is losing fans. At what point does that matter?

If the Redskins were a dude, all of its former girlfriends would be lesbians.

Most of you know me by now. I live on both ends of the dial--the blindly and unapologetically optimistic side as well as a slightly more realistic worldview side. It won't take you long to figure out which side this post comes from, but keep in mind, I fully believe I am representing the views and thoughts of many Redskins fans, just as I am when I suggest that 10-6 is a great prediction every August. I am pretty sure this is part one of multiple pieces in this vein, so be warned! At least it isn't a name-change article Bill!

Washington sports fans, like fans in cities all over the world, have a rich history of investing emotion into their favorite sports organizations. Whether it be the Redskins, Wizards, Capitals, Nationals--or Orioles--fans hailing from the DMV are no strangers to the ups and downs that are inherent in being a passionate sports fan. (Let's not leave out DC United!)

As businesses, sports franchises depend on this emotional investment, as it often precedes financial investment. The incredible health of the four major professional sports leagues (you can't convince me otherwise) suggests that fans are generally invested both emotionally and financially across the board. The terrible reality for many fans is that winning does not have to be a franchise's top priority in order for it to be profitable.

Business can be just as good when a team's fanbase is irate over a situation as it is when they are joyfully engaged in postseason mode. It is the absolute value of the emotion--equally as important on either side of the spectrum--that moves the needle. (In Washington, the absolute value of the emotion stemming from the Redskins fanbase has been very high.)

This fact has prompted some sports franchises in some pro leagues to do the bare minimum in terms of being competitive. From revenue sharing, to luxury tax disbursements, to hard caps and soft floors (and vice versa), etc.--there are almost always ways for an owner of a sports franchise to achieve profitability, though often at the expense of fielding a team capable of winning on a regular basis.

This article is not about exposing all the owners we would find guilty of such practices, although it wouldn't be overly difficult to compile a list of sports owners whose bottom lines are dollar signs as opposed to win-loss records. This is just about pointing out the obvious: some professional sports teams measure success on the field, some measure it at the bank. This is not an opinion--it is a fact.

Thinking back on the last two decades of Redskins football, I would say that most of us have been rather emotionally invested. I would say that this has led to us buying jerseys, supporting the team at FedEx, listening to and watching the organization's various broadcasts--in other words, "buying in." We have literally bought in. It's what we do. I have a Robert Griffin III jersey. I have a Champ Bailey jersey. I have a Darrell Green jersey.

At one time, I owned season tickets. Our emotional investment has led directly to our financial investment. Over that time period, the emotion has been generally sour. Outside of three late-season runs in 2005, 2007 and 2012, the Washington Redskins have mostly given us all reason to be upset, angry and disappointed. We have owned these emotions.

These emotions have owned us. Through it all, each of us may have been at different stages emotionally, but we have all been invested. We have all been engaged. Today, something different is happening, and it should scare the shit out of Dan Snyder, but I am not sure it does.

I think we could all argue our own opinion of how Dan Snyder measures success. We have all had this conversation at some point in the parking lot at FedEx, or at the water cooler at work, or at the bar. He owns the stadium, and rakes in money in one of the largest media markets in the country. We would be foolish though to overlook the fact that Dan has spent money. (He would be foolish to think he hasn't spent that money foolishly.)

We can't argue that Dan has sat back and collected money from the league while doing little to nothing to try and put a competitive product on the field. Instead, we are left to bemoan that which he hasdone...because it has done so little to put a competitive product on the field. All this said, this article isn't even about calling out Dan Snyder for his moves as owner. Instead...

Indifference seems to be setting in, and this is perhaps the biggest and most shocking development I have seen in the Dan Snyder era. At least in the early Snyder years, we were mobilized and unified by anger (in the later Snyder years as well). We paid attention to the circus and screamed at the top of our lungs about the ways in which our favorite team was being managed. There is still no shortage of people around here who will argue to the death over just about anything Redskins-related, but lately I have seen the general emotional level over this team flatten out significantly.

People are still flummoxed by the manner in which the Redskins organization has tripped over itself time and time again, but the mass vitriol is not the same. Haven't you come across fans who have thrown their hands in the air and gotten past getting worked up about this team? Wouldn't it be fair to suggest that all of us knows someone (or is someone) that has taken a step BACK from this team on an emotional level? I blame this phenomenon--at least in part--for losing Kevin here on Hogs Haven. And don't even think about blaming or harassing these fans for doing this.

Every person has his or her limit to how much they can take before logic DICTATES that a change be made. Dan Snyder needs to understand and own this. He needs to care about this. The thing is...the NFL SHOULD CARE ABOUT THIS. These people aren't jumping ship and becoming Ravens fans. They aren't picking any other team to root for--they aren't rooting for anyone anymore. THEY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. Dan Snyder isn't just costing himself customers--he is costing the NFL customers.

I don't expect Roger Goodell to swoop in with a solution anytime soon, but the next time you want to know how other owners feel about Dan Snyder costing them business, may I direct you to the salary cap fine that we got slapped with a couple years ago? Sure, we all rallied around the "Screw John Mara" battle cry, but looking back, isn't it possible that more owners than just him RELISHED the chance to stick it to an owner who was turning people off of football?

The problem is, Dan Snyder does not need the Redskins to win in order for him to make money. In fact, I am not sure that he would feel a big pinch in his wallet if we all stayed home and stopped watching, due to the manner in which the NFL literally prints money. The TV contracts are worth so much dough alone, they could play the games in people's backyards and still make money hand over fist.

Consequently, tickets to watch games in somebody's backyard might be worth the $5 that tickets are going for this week for the Rams game. Can you believe that?!?!?!?! Somebody paid around $100 for that ticket you can now buy for $5--AND STILL NOBODY IS BUYING IT FOR $5. Hahahaha...it really is enough to cause insanity.

I know what the team would say...and even what I would say I guess if I am being honest: "if this team starts winning, all of this will change."

Here's the problem with that kind of logic, Ken: It implies that winning is a goal of this franchise. It implies that winning is a priority for this franchise. It implies that winning is the objective. What exactly has Dan Snyder done since he arrived here to prove that he is measuring success based on wins/winning?

Overpaying for free agents and drafting uber-marketable athletes doesn't prove that. In fact, it actually works the other way. It actually speaks more about a business that puts shiny toys in front of the masses in the hopes that it will distract from the reality of the situation.

Indifference towards the Redskins is shocking for me to see in the DC area. It is not at pandemic levels just quite yet, but that is the trajectory we are on, and the problem needs to be met with something other than...well...indifference.
I expect them to lose now
the only question is how?
…and they never disappoint
-------
over the years the constant losing takes a beating on the fans. Before I used to get pissed off and my day would be ruined by a loss. Regardless of if it was competitive or not I had expectations and hopes that the Redskins would play their hearts out. Now its more similar to the dog in a learned helplessness situation. Instead of getting up, getting angry, fighting the situation, I just sit there and take it. Another loss, another week. Same old.
---------
I am still a fan but done with this year
I still get up and make it on time to go see the games, even try to be there for kickoff (not sad if I miss it though)

but, I realized the ast two weeks, that I was out watching the game… but had at best one eye on the TV the whole time. attention only marginally fixed.

I remember when every moment, breath and white knuckled swear word was hanging on the game.

now its just… yeah whatever
--------
There’s no point anymore. I’m just so damn depleted. I see no end in sight.
---------
The same thing is happening with The Raiders.
Washington is a crown-jewel market and fan base.

The team is over 80-years-old.

The fan base is made up of 3rd, some 4th generation fans. That shit is in your blood. Either you watch the Redskins or you watch no one. None of us are going to suddenly start rooting for the Panthers or Ravens. Ain’t. Gonna. Happen.

This isn’t Jacksonville. You can’t just willy-nilly move the Redskins and everyone be okay with it.

And the Redskins had what, like 4 prime time games this year? How many 3-13 teams are getting that kind of exposure? Are the other owners pissed? Sure they are. The Redskins are a heavy-hitter in this business and they’re not holding up their end of the bargain.

The Redskins being bad is not good for the NFL. The other owners know this.
---------
I wouldn't switch teams but
i can appreciate watching other teams build. the Rams are a great example. plug in a decent QB and they are off to the races. Plug in a decent qb here and watch him get beaten like a rag doll.
--------
Following the Redskins is like dating a girl that isn't that into you

You invest so much thought and effort into exactly how to play it (Do I go to my favorite bar to watch? Buy tickets? Which games)

You don’t want to seem to eager but you kind of do. You debate about just when and whichpictures together fan stickers and backgrounds should go up on your FB page

You shop and reshop making sure you’ve picked out the right clothes jersey for your next dategame

Oh no, that time went shitty? Well maybe it was this shirt. Maybe it was unflattering unluckyNext time I’ll try the button down portis jersey

you try, you think, you hope, just planning out the where, when and how to make your nextdate game day great. You look forward to it all week.

But then, yet again she fucking cancels at the last minute gives up 40 points to the giants

Be it the girl, the special teams, the offense, the defense…. its all the same thing.

You foolishly wait all week eager to see them and (one way or another) the day comes and the simply

DO NOT SHOW UP.

Maybe its time you found someone who treats you better.

But, we’re Redskins fan so…
---------
Being a redskin fan is like being a recurring character on Oz
--------
I think deep down Snyder wants the franchise to succeed...

The problem is he has no fucking clue how to do it. The other problem is that during times when we should really be tearing everything down and rebuilding, he brings on players or names for what seems like only sheer marketing power and $$$. It’ll work at first for those gullible enough to fall for it (and we do every single time) and he’ll cash in, but once the losses start piling up he’s back to where he was and the cycle continues. I think he does hope for success, but he also wants to try and milk maximum profit while doing so by bringing recognizable names, and you can only have both with patience and discipline.

Think about it – Bruce Allen (son of George Allen) and Doug Williams (former Redskins Super Bowl MVP) in the front office, despite their qualifications being mediocre at best. Then, you have Jay Gruden (brother of Jon Gruden) on the sideline calling the shots. As for the players, RG3, DeSean Jackson, McNabb, Haynesworthless, etc. etc. – you can bring on the big names that people recognize and get excited over, but one big name a team does not make.

All Snyder has to do is find a competent GM. Run some interviews, pick the candidate who has legitimate qualifications and who lays out the best blueprint and concepts, and let them get to work. If the team flounders after a while with no signs improvement, you axe him, and do it again.
--------
The problem with Jerry is that
it would kill him to hire football people and then have the Cowboys win. After their barren seasons when he ran the team

Snyder is just a money hungry fanboy
---------
yeah, I've never seen worse
not even under Spurrier or Zorn

Gruden should be fired for repeatedly showing up with a team that is totally unprepared. The Cowboys game is the only exception which is why I only want him fired instead of tarred and feather and then fired.
----------
Past my tipping point
The business of Redskins football is solid, Dan is prob a happy man. The Redskins organization and team is beyond awful. They (no longer "we" for me) are the worst team in theNFC. THE WORST TEAM! Not by record some will point out, and they’d beright, BUT THEY GOTTHEIR ASS HANDED TO THEM BY THE TEAM WITH THE WORST RECORD!!! And who expects a win at Giants in two weeks?

This miserable merry-go-round season is the first one that I have Tivo’d games instead of watching live so if they lose, I don’t have to watch. (Only exception was the Cowgirls game.) I spend nice Sun afternoons with my daughter. And I haven’t once felt bad about it. Not once.

In addition, I’ve started reading other SB Nation blogs of, you know, good teams, and the difference is immediately apparent. There’s transparency, there’s an easily-perceived organizational structure, there’s mutual respect for owners, GMs, for FANS and their intelligence! Any respect being tossed around Ashburn lately? If so, it’s tossed in the trash.

I’ve been a Redskins fan for close to 40 years. I remember watching the Over the Hill Gang on TV. My fav number is 17, Kilmer’s number. I went to the last two NFC Championships the Skins were in. The memories of, and love for Riggo, the Hogs, the Smurfs, Neal Olkewicz, Doug Williams, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Joe Gibbs, on and on and on will never be tarnished or diminished. Even if I never watch another game again.

Frankly, this blog and the Sports Junkies are the only things that have kept me in for the past two years. The investment in time, interest and care is not paying off, it’s prob time to find a new investment. At least I know Dan will understand that angle.
--------
It’s turned more into group therapy.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What are the Redskins thinking right now?

"Who's their top DT? Aaron Donald? Shit. What about the DEs? Robert Quinn? Well Long is hurt, right? What? He's back? Fuuuuuuuuuuck. At least Ogletree has regressed. *looks at the past few weeks' tape* Hell... that's not good. But the Rams always have a bad defensive backfield. I'm sure their corners are... what? EJ who? Janoris and Johnson are healthy? Um... we can always pick on their safeties. Craig Dahl is still back there... Barron? Mark Barron? Are you fucking kidding me?"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I gotta laugh...many of these fans were the same people talking trash after 2012 about how they won the trade.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Thats why I just posted this somewhere else, this is the perfect spot to put it here.....

What I want to see

Is the players we got in the trade making plays all over the field. I want to rub Snyders face in it and that fan base that was talking smack about how they got the better of the trade a couple of years ago could use some humbling too.

I want them to see those guys kicking their teams azz all over the field and I want them to think "we could have had that guy" over and over all day long and I want the announcers, and ESPN and everyone else loudly proclaiming that the Rams fleeced the Redskins and that Snyder is a clown.

That guy is a turd, read for yourself.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

EDIT:

I'd love to ask Snyder how it feels to give up all that draft capital for your 3rd string QB.

RamzFanz

Damnit

"Who's their top DT? Aaron Donald? crap. What about the DEs? Robert Quinn? Well Long is hurt, right? What? He's back? Fuuuuuuuuuuck. At least Ogletree has regressed. *looks at the past few weeks' tape* Hell... that's not good. But the Rams always have a bad defensive backfield. I'm sure their corners are... what? EJ who? Janoris and Johnson are healthy? Um... we can always pick on their safeties. Craig Dahl is still back there... Barron? Mark Barron? Are you freaking kidding me?"

...Yeah they have a decent D then but their O can't score so... what? 98 to 36 since Hill started? Well, fortunately they don't have a true starting RB just a committee of... who? Tre Mason? He what? Well... it's going to be 40 and rainey and they are a dome team so... it changed? 0% chance of rain, 47 and sunny? :(

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
talked to a guy whos family has had Skins season tickets since 1941! when they called his uncle to asked if he was gonna pick up his tickets he said "wellll its just been so very awful, how about i pick them up next year?" then the phone went 'click'! no more season tickets

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/4/...-does-dan-snyder-measure-success-redskins-nfl

Winning or $$$: How Does Dan Snyder Measure Success?
By Ken Meringolo@ItsRainingKen on Dec 4 2014

usa-today-8141434.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Dan Snyder might not be losing money, but he is losing games, and he is losing fans. At what point does that matter?

If the Redskins were a dude, all of its former girlfriends would be lesbians.

Most of you know me by now. I live on both ends of the dial--the blindly and unapologetically optimistic side as well as a slightly more realistic worldview side. It won't take you long to figure out which side this post comes from, but keep in mind, I fully believe I am representing the views and thoughts of many Redskins fans, just as I am when I suggest that 10-6 is a great prediction every August. I am pretty sure this is part one of multiple pieces in this vein, so be warned! At least it isn't a name-change article Bill!

Washington sports fans, like fans in cities all over the world, have a rich history of investing emotion into their favorite sports organizations. Whether it be the Redskins, Wizards, Capitals, Nationals--or Orioles--fans hailing from the DMV are no strangers to the ups and downs that are inherent in being a passionate sports fan. (Let's not leave out DC United!)

As businesses, sports franchises depend on this emotional investment, as it often precedes financial investment. The incredible health of the four major professional sports leagues (you can't convince me otherwise) suggests that fans are generally invested both emotionally and financially across the board. The terrible reality for many fans is that winning does not have to be a franchise's top priority in order for it to be profitable.

Business can be just as good when a team's fanbase is irate over a situation as it is when they are joyfully engaged in postseason mode. It is the absolute value of the emotion--equally as important on either side of the spectrum--that moves the needle. (In Washington, the absolute value of the emotion stemming from the Redskins fanbase has been very high.)

This fact has prompted some sports franchises in some pro leagues to do the bare minimum in terms of being competitive. From revenue sharing, to luxury tax disbursements, to hard caps and soft floors (and vice versa), etc.--there are almost always ways for an owner of a sports franchise to achieve profitability, though often at the expense of fielding a team capable of winning on a regular basis.

This article is not about exposing all the owners we would find guilty of such practices, although it wouldn't be overly difficult to compile a list of sports owners whose bottom lines are dollar signs as opposed to win-loss records. This is just about pointing out the obvious: some professional sports teams measure success on the field, some measure it at the bank. This is not an opinion--it is a fact.

Thinking back on the last two decades of Redskins football, I would say that most of us have been rather emotionally invested. I would say that this has led to us buying jerseys, supporting the team at FedEx, listening to and watching the organization's various broadcasts--in other words, "buying in." We have literally bought in. It's what we do. I have a Robert Griffin III jersey. I have a Champ Bailey jersey. I have a Darrell Green jersey.

At one time, I owned season tickets. Our emotional investment has led directly to our financial investment. Over that time period, the emotion has been generally sour. Outside of three late-season runs in 2005, 2007 and 2012, the Washington Redskins have mostly given us all reason to be upset, angry and disappointed. We have owned these emotions.

These emotions have owned us. Through it all, each of us may have been at different stages emotionally, but we have all been invested. We have all been engaged. Today, something different is happening, and it should scare the crap out of Dan Snyder, but I am not sure it does.

I think we could all argue our own opinion of how Dan Snyder measures success. We have all had this conversation at some point in the parking lot at FedEx, or at the water cooler at work, or at the bar. He owns the stadium, and rakes in money in one of the largest media markets in the country. We would be foolish though to overlook the fact that Dan has spent money. (He would be foolish to think he hasn't spent that money foolishly.)

We can't argue that Dan has sat back and collected money from the league while doing little to nothing to try and put a competitive product on the field. Instead, we are left to bemoan that which he hasdone...because it has done so little to put a competitive product on the field. All this said, this article isn't even about calling out Dan Snyder for his moves as owner. Instead...

Indifference seems to be setting in, and this is perhaps the biggest and most shocking development I have seen in the Dan Snyder era. At least in the early Snyder years, we were mobilized and unified by anger (in the later Snyder years as well). We paid attention to the circus and screamed at the top of our lungs about the ways in which our favorite team was being managed. There is still no shortage of people around here who will argue to the death over just about anything Redskins-related, but lately I have seen the general emotional level over this team flatten out significantly.

People are still flummoxed by the manner in which the Redskins organization has tripped over itself time and time again, but the mass vitriol is not the same. Haven't you come across fans who have thrown their hands in the air and gotten past getting worked up about this team? Wouldn't it be fair to suggest that all of us knows someone (or is someone) that has taken a step BACK from this team on an emotional level? I blame this phenomenon--at least in part--for losing Kevin here on Hogs Haven. And don't even think about blaming or harassing these fans for doing this.

Every person has his or her limit to how much they can take before logic DICTATES that a change be made. Dan Snyder needs to understand and own this. He needs to care about this. The thing is...the NFL SHOULD CARE ABOUT THIS. These people aren't jumping ship and becoming Ravens fans. They aren't picking any other team to root for--they aren't rooting for anyone anymore. THEY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. Dan Snyder isn't just costing himself customers--he is costing the NFL customers.

I don't expect Roger Goodell to swoop in with a solution anytime soon, but the next time you want to know how other owners feel about Dan Snyder costing them business, may I direct you to the salary cap fine that we got slapped with a couple years ago? Sure, we all rallied around the "Screw John Mara" battle cry, but looking back, isn't it possible that more owners than just him RELISHED the chance to stick it to an owner who was turning people off of football?

The problem is, Dan Snyder does not need the Redskins to win in order for him to make money. In fact, I am not sure that he would feel a big pinch in his wallet if we all stayed home and stopped watching, due to the manner in which the NFL literally prints money. The TV contracts are worth so much dough alone, they could play the games in people's backyards and still make money hand over fist.

Consequently, tickets to watch games in somebody's backyard might be worth the $5 that tickets are going for this week for the Rams game. Can you believe that?!?!?!?! Somebody paid around $100 for that ticket you can now buy for $5--AND STILL NOBODY IS BUYING IT FOR $5. Hahahaha...it really is enough to cause insanity.

I know what the team would say...and even what I would say I guess if I am being honest: "if this team starts winning, all of this will change."

Here's the problem with that kind of logic, Ken: It implies that winning is a goal of this franchise. It implies that winning is a priority for this franchise. It implies that winning is the objective. What exactly has Dan Snyder done since he arrived here to prove that he is measuring success based on wins/winning?

Overpaying for free agents and drafting uber-marketable athletes doesn't prove that. In fact, it actually works the other way. It actually speaks more about a business that puts shiny toys in front of the masses in the hopes that it will distract from the reality of the situation.

Indifference towards the Redskins is shocking for me to see in the DC area. It is not at pandemic levels just quite yet, but that is the trajectory we are on, and the problem needs to be met with something other than...well...indifference.
I expect them to lose now
the only question is how?
…and they never disappoint
-------
over the years the constant losing takes a beating on the fans. Before I used to get pissed off and my day would be ruined by a loss. Regardless of if it was competitive or not I had expectations and hopes that the Redskins would play their hearts out. Now its more similar to the dog in a learned helplessness situation. Instead of getting up, getting angry, fighting the situation, I just sit there and take it. Another loss, another week. Same old.
---------
I am still a fan but done with this year
I still get up and make it on time to go see the games, even try to be there for kickoff (not sad if I miss it though)

but, I realized the ast two weeks, that I was out watching the game… but had at best one eye on the TV the whole time. attention only marginally fixed.

I remember when every moment, breath and white knuckled swear word was hanging on the game.

now its just… yeah whatever
--------
There’s no point anymore. I’m just so damn depleted. I see no end in sight.
---------
The same thing is happening with The Raiders.
Washington is a crown-jewel market and fan base.

The team is over 80-years-old.

The fan base is made up of 3rd, some 4th generation fans. That crap is in your blood. Either you watch the Redskins or you watch no one. None of us are going to suddenly start rooting for the Panthers or Ravens. Ain’t. Gonna. Happen.

This isn’t Jacksonville. You can’t just willy-nilly move the Redskins and everyone be okay with it.

And the Redskins had what, like 4 prime time games this year? How many 3-13 teams are getting that kind of exposure? Are the other owners pissed? Sure they are. The Redskins are a heavy-hitter in this business and they’re not holding up their end of the bargain.

The Redskins being bad is not good for the NFL. The other owners know this.
---------
I wouldn't switch teams but
i can appreciate watching other teams build. the Rams are a great example. plug in a decent QB and they are off to the races. Plug in a decent qb here and watch him get beaten like a rag doll.
--------
Following the Redskins is like dating a girl that isn't that into you

You invest so much thought and effort into exactly how to play it (Do I go to my favorite bar to watch? Buy tickets? Which games)

You don’t want to seem to eager but you kind of do. You debate about just when and whichpictures together fan stickers and backgrounds should go up on your FB page

You shop and reshop making sure you’ve picked out the right clothes jersey for your next dategame

Oh no, that time went crappy? Well maybe it was this shirt. Maybe it was unflattering unluckyNext time I’ll try the button down portis jersey

you try, you think, you hope, just planning out the where, when and how to make your nextdate game day great. You look forward to it all week.

But then, yet again she freaking cancels at the last minute gives up 40 points to the giants

Be it the girl, the special teams, the offense, the defense…. its all the same thing.

You foolishly wait all week eager to see them and (one way or another) the day comes and the simply

DO NOT SHOW UP.

Maybe its time you found someone who treats you better.

But, we’re Redskins fan so…
---------
Being a redskin fan is like being a recurring character on Oz
--------
I think deep down Snyder wants the franchise to succeed...

The problem is he has no freaking clue how to do it. The other problem is that during times when we should really be tearing everything down and rebuilding, he brings on players or names for what seems like only sheer marketing power and $$$. It’ll work at first for those gullible enough to fall for it (and we do every single time) and he’ll cash in, but once the losses start piling up he’s back to where he was and the cycle continues. I think he does hope for success, but he also wants to try and milk maximum profit while doing so by bringing recognizable names, and you can only have both with patience and discipline.

Think about it – Bruce Allen (son of George Allen) and Doug Williams (former Redskins Super Bowl MVP) in the front office, despite their qualifications being mediocre at best. Then, you have Jay Gruden (brother of Jon Gruden) on the sideline calling the shots. As for the players, RG3, DeSean Jackson, McNabb, Haynesworthless, etc. etc. – you can bring on the big names that people recognize and get excited over, but one big name a team does not make.

All Snyder has to do is find a competent GM. Run some interviews, pick the candidate who has legitimate qualifications and who lays out the best blueprint and concepts, and let them get to work. If the team flounders after a while with no signs improvement, you axe him, and do it again.
--------
The problem with Jerry is that
it would kill him to hire football people and then have the Cowboys win. After their barren seasons when he ran the team

Snyder is just a money hungry fanboy
---------
yeah, I've never seen worse
not even under Spurrier or Zorn

Gruden should be fired for repeatedly showing up with a team that is totally unprepared. The Cowboys game is the only exception which is why I only want him fired instead of tarred and feather and then fired.
----------
Past my tipping point
The business of Redskins football is solid, Dan is prob a happy man. The Redskins organization and team is beyond awful. They (no longer "we" for me) are the worst team in theNFC. THE WORST TEAM! Not by record some will point out, and they’d beright, BUT THEY GOTTHEIR ASS HANDED TO THEM BY THE TEAM WITH THE WORST RECORD!!! And who expects a win at Giants in two weeks?

This miserable merry-go-round season is the first one that I have Tivo’d games instead of watching live so if they lose, I don’t have to watch. (Only exception was the Cowgirls game.) I spend nice Sun afternoons with my daughter. And I haven’t once felt bad about it. Not once.

In addition, I’ve started reading other SB Nation blogs of, you know, good teams, and the difference is immediately apparent. There’s transparency, there’s an easily-perceived organizational structure, there’s mutual respect for owners, GMs, for FANS and their intelligence! Any respect being tossed around Ashburn lately? If so, it’s tossed in the trash.

I’ve been a Redskins fan for close to 40 years. I remember watching the Over the Hill Gang on TV. My fav number is 17, Kilmer’s number. I went to the last two NFC Championships the Skins were in. The memories of, and love for Riggo, the Hogs, the Smurfs, Neal Olkewicz, Doug Williams, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Joe Gibbs, on and on and on will never be tarnished or diminished. Even if I never watch another game again.

Frankly, this blog and the Sports Junkies are the only things that have kept me in for the past two years. The investment in time, interest and care is not paying off, it’s prob time to find a new investment. At least I know Dan will understand that angle.
--------
It’s turned more into group therapy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

"Who's their top DT? Aaron Donald? crap. What about the DEs? Robert Quinn? Well Long is hurt, right? What? He's back? Fuuuuuuuuuuck. At least Ogletree has regressed. *looks at the past few weeks' tape* Hell... that's not good. But the Rams always have a bad defensive backfield. I'm sure their corners are... what? EJ who? Janoris and Johnson are healthy? Um... we can always pick on their safeties. Craig Dahl is still back there... Barron? Mark Barron? Are you freaking kidding me?"

Well that was just... beautiful. Beautiful! :cry:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Tickets are on sale as low as $4.00.

That's less than A Big Mac hahahahahahahaha.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://es.redskins.com/topic/385290...ch-rams-players-get-season-highs-this-sunday/

The Haslett Game: Predict which Rams players get season highs this Sunday

How many times after mentioning some offensive opponent do you hear the announcer followup with phrases like season high, career high, tying/breaking the franchise record, etc.
Granted, the Raiduhs set the bar really high for us this week, but I have faith in Jim and our safeties' incompetence.

Shaun Hill gets a career high passing yardage, and Mason breaks 200 all purpose yards.
-----------
It seems to literally happen every week, either an opposing player sets a career record, or the Skins break some kind of franchise record that involves ineptitude.
---------
Definitely Tre Mason, Shaun Hill, and Jared Cook. Oh, and Benny Cunningham, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, and Kenny Britt. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Givens, Zac Stacy, and Brian Quick have career days either.
----------
The whole Rams team.
sad.png

----------
On my Fantasy team I just pick up the defense thats going up against the skins every week and this week is…. you guessed it Rams!!!

I predict the Rams defense has an awesome day against the Skins this week!
---------
the Rams Tight Ends. the whole tight end group. why? because perry riley will for some odd reason once again be matched up one on one against a tight end. or kerrigan will be. or one of our LBs. haslett just loveeessss that move. yeah, lets try that again...because it has to work one of these days, right???
---------
All of them. Even the guys on the Rams practice squad.
--------
I think all 5 receivers from the "hands up, don't shoot" episode will look at our d backs and say "hands up, don't defend" and will all have very good days. Chris Givens, the farthest down on their depth chart (and easiest for our guys to forget) has career highs in receptions, yards, and td's. Thus, the QB Hill will also have a career high in yards, td's and QB rating.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, on the other side of the ball:

Chris Long, in his second start after 10 weeks out with an ankle injury, will have 3.5 sacks for the game.
---------
So to answer this post, I'd say anyone who's the responsibility of Amerson. Because the Skins secondary is so riddled with injuries, Haslett's still got to play someone who seems to have forgotten his assignments.
--------
Season highs, career firsts, and career bests......nobody helps to launch or rejuvenate an offensive player's career like good ol' Jim Haslett.
--------
Cook is going to cook our secondary up proper, by literally doing nothing more than running straight down the field and not dropping the ball.

Can we combine this into a drinking game?

Exotic = drink

Scheme = drink

Cushion = drink

Dial Up = drink

Mental Errors = drink

Young Secondary = drink

Running Free = chug

LB on a WR = Heck we already drink to that one.

Lineman on a WR = chug

It seems high time we get schooled up the seams for some wide open trots to the end zone. For old times sake.
--------
Dang. That game would cause many to die from alcohol poisining before halftime.
-------
Well Britt has had a ridiculous game in his career vs. Eagles, and the Redskins run D is decent, so I'll keep it simple:

Austin - Career day - 2 deep balls caught

Rams win 2 in a row for the first time all year.
---------
I imagine that tre mason goes for 200 and 2 scores and Tavon Austin has that "breakout" game since he's been a bust his whole NFL career.

Long also records a 5 sack day. And Honey Badger does a NFL version of a Gordie Howe hat trick with a pick, fumble recovery and 15 yard personal foul.
---------
I predict that the 'water' boy will have a career day handing out cups of gatorade to the defense seeing as how most of their day will be spent sitting on the bench after another day of endless 3 and outs.
--------
Tavon Austin is my prediction. Our defense likes to give up big plays to scrubs.
-------
I would guess IF there was some record set it would be by the defense. They have Long back and they are on fire. Either sacks or turnovers or both.

The offense is too spread around for records usually.

Rams started the season giving away new records every week.
---------
Stedman Bailey will Mike Evans us this week. Haslett will put 1 on 1 coverage with our shutdown corner/safety EJ Biggers on him allllll daaay!
--------
I'm somewhat banking on Stedman Bailey, picked him up and am running him in a couple leagues because he seems to have a good rapport with Hill and we, of course, are porous.

Oh, hey look, Bailey is another guy people were looking at in the draft thread who didn't get taken by us and is doing pretty well elsewhere. He's no Keenan Allen, but he's doing pretty well for himself.

I really wish Jordan Reed would get healthy and play well so that we can justify him over some of the other talent. Same with Phillip Thomas (Amerson has done ok enough that I'll stay off his back for a while*)

*until Haslett is gone and then a little longer
--------
kenny britt or tre mason

britt is huge and will probably have no problem getting behind our secondary.
--------
The water boy , going to be tough keeping the St Louis offense hydrated.
smile.png
-------
Bailey is a route running stud and will also run plays from the backfield on occasion. He emerged last season when Tavon Austin went down. His lack of production this season was 100% because Austin Davis just couldn't get him the ball. It's been pretty frustrating watching his skills go to waste.

I like your chances if he's a WR3. It's still early with the Hill/ Bailey relationship, but from OTAs on, it's looked pretty solid. If the Rams have Bradford, who also likes to throw to guys like Bailey, and Hill next season, Bailey will be a late round steal in most leagues.
--------
Number 28

140399718.x7VJhgmz.jpg

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
http://es.redskins.com/topic/385290...ch-rams-players-get-season-highs-this-sunday/

The Haslett Game: Predict which Rams players get season highs this Sunday

How many times after mentioning some offensive opponent do you hear the announcer followup with phrases like season high, career high, tying/breaking the franchise record, etc.
Granted, the Raiduhs set the bar really high for us this week, but I have faith in Jim and our safeties' incompetence.

Shaun Hill gets a career high passing yardage, and Mason breaks 200 all purpose yards.
-----------
It seems to literally happen every week, either an opposing player sets a career record, or the Skins break some kind of franchise record that involves ineptitude.
---------
Definitely Tre Mason, Shaun Hill, and Jared Cook. Oh, and Benny Cunningham, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, and Kenny Britt. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Givens, Zac Stacy, and Brian Quick have career days either.
----------
The whole Rams team.
sad.png

----------
On my Fantasy team I just pick up the defense thats going up against the skins every week and this week is…. you guessed it Rams!!!

I predict the Rams defense has an awesome day against the Skins this week!
---------
the Rams Tight Ends. the whole tight end group. why? because perry riley will for some odd reason once again be matched up one on one against a tight end. or kerrigan will be. or one of our LBs. haslett just loveeessss that move. yeah, lets try that again...because it has to work one of these days, right???
---------
All of them. Even the guys on the Rams practice squad.
--------
I think all 5 receivers from the "hands up, don't shoot" episode will look at our d backs and say "hands up, don't defend" and will all have very good days. Chris Givens, the farthest down on their depth chart (and easiest for our guys to forget) has career highs in receptions, yards, and td's. Thus, the QB Hill will also have a career high in yards, td's and QB rating.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, on the other side of the ball:

Chris Long, in his second start after 10 weeks out with an ankle injury, will have 3.5 sacks for the game.
---------
So to answer this post, I'd say anyone who's the responsibility of Amerson. Because the Skins secondary is so riddled with injuries, Haslett's still got to play someone who seems to have forgotten his assignments.
--------
Season highs, career firsts, and career bests......nobody helps to launch or rejuvenate an offensive player's career like good ol' Jim Haslett.
--------
Cook is going to cook our secondary up proper, by literally doing nothing more than running straight down the field and not dropping the ball.

Can we combine this into a drinking game?

Exotic = drink

Scheme = drink

Cushion = drink

Dial Up = drink

Mental Errors = drink

Young Secondary = drink

Running Free = chug

LB on a WR = Heck we already drink to that one.

Lineman on a WR = chug

It seems high time we get schooled up the seams for some wide open trots to the end zone. For old times sake.
--------
Dang. That game would cause many to die from alcohol poisining before halftime.
-------
Well Britt has had a ridiculous game in his career vs. Eagles, and the Redskins run D is decent, so I'll keep it simple:

Austin - Career day - 2 deep balls caught

Rams win 2 in a row for the first time all year.
---------
I imagine that tre mason goes for 200 and 2 scores and Tavon Austin has that "breakout" game since he's been a bust his whole NFL career.

Long also records a 5 sack day. And Honey Badger does a NFL version of a Gordie Howe hat trick with a pick, fumble recovery and 15 yard personal foul.
---------
I predict that the 'water' boy will have a career day handing out cups of gatorade to the defense seeing as how most of their day will be spent sitting on the bench after another day of endless 3 and outs.
--------
Tavon Austin is my prediction. Our defense likes to give up big plays to scrubs.
-------
I would guess IF there was some record set it would be by the defense. They have Long back and they are on fire. Either sacks or turnovers or both.

The offense is too spread around for records usually.

Rams started the season giving away new records every week.
---------
Stedman Bailey will Mike Evans us this week. Haslett will put 1 on 1 coverage with our shutdown corner/safety EJ Biggers on him allllll daaay!
--------
I'm somewhat banking on Stedman Bailey, picked him up and am running him in a couple leagues because he seems to have a good rapport with Hill and we, of course, are porous.

Oh, hey look, Bailey is another guy people were looking at in the draft thread who didn't get taken by us and is doing pretty well elsewhere. He's no Keenan Allen, but he's doing pretty well for himself.

I really wish Jordan Reed would get healthy and play well so that we can justify him over some of the other talent. Same with Phillip Thomas (Amerson has done ok enough that I'll stay off his back for a while*)

*until Haslett is gone and then a little longer
--------
kenny britt or tre mason

britt is huge and will probably have no problem getting behind our secondary.
--------
The water boy , going to be tough keeping the St Louis offense hydrated.
smile.png
-------
Bailey is a route running stud and will also run plays from the backfield on occasion. He emerged last season when Tavon Austin went down. His lack of production this season was 100% because Austin Davis just couldn't get him the ball. It's been pretty frustrating watching his skills go to waste.

I like your chances if he's a WR3. It's still early with the Hill/ Bailey relationship, but from OTAs on, it's looked pretty solid. If the Rams have Bradford, who also likes to throw to guys like Bailey, and Hill next season, Bailey will be a late round steal in most leagues.
--------
Number 28

140399718.x7VJhgmz.jpg

LMAO these guys know no bounds in regards to being a bitter fan. God I'm so glad those days are behind us!