What Redskins Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not only does the guy not know anything about our WR corp, I think he knows so little he actually thinks it IS Tayvon.

Q729

Legend
They keep going on about the lousy Rams beating a putrid team like the Colts like the final score was 17-14. They took care of business, dammit! However, I could see Pryor and the run game do some damage...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They keep going on about the lousy Rams beating a putrid team like the Colts like the final score was 17-14. They took care of business, dammit! However, I could see Pryor and the run game do some damage...

Some damage? Sure it's possible. Don't think the Skins have an offense that is going to come in and have its way with our defense though. Their trend of how they played this preseason and game one doesn't impress, and our defense meanwhile looks very good and gets Donald back on Sunday.

IMO it's going to be another blowout win for us.

JRobinson

MiLB
IMO it's going to be another blowout win for us.

I don't think we will just run away with a W. They have a decent defense, and yes, some weapons on offense. The name of the game will be the same as it is every game: get after the QB and sustain offensive possessions. If we do that, we will win; but the Redskins are much more talented than the Colts... even the coaching staff.

Rainram

Starter
Man...some of those guys are predicting they score high 20's to 30's...?!?!

There are very few teams that are gonna sniff 30 points against our defense this year.

And it's a Skins team that lost Jackson, Garçon, and oh, McVay. They scored 10 offensive points and had about 260 total yards of offense last Sunday. And I like our D better than the Eagles.

They do still have a decent OLine imo. And their defense is certainly better than Indy's. The battle in the trenches this week will be the deciding factor, I think.

But no way are they gonna come close to 30 points

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are very few teams that are gonna sniff 30 points against our defense this year.

Amen. Fisher and Williams are long gone. I'm pretty sure mcvay and Phillips will keep the boys on their toes every week. Will they play at the top of their game every week? No way but they shouldn't come out like a dumpster fire like they did so many times under fisher.

Zero

Pro Bowler
" But the reality is that they are probably better coached than our squad"
This post?? I'm framing this post.(y)

"Wade Phillips OWNS Gruden."
And that was before McVay told him EVERYTHING.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/9/13/16179756/the-5-oclock-club-13-sep-17-what-ram-would-you-want

Playing GM - What Ram would you want?
by Bill-in-Bangkok

2000GeorgiaFrontiere.0.jpg

The Redskins travel to the West Coast this week to take on a franchise with a number of familiar faces. The two head coaches know each other well, and Wade Phillips is likely to have a high-pressure defense peppered with some pro-bowl talent ready to attack Kirk Cousins and his crew.

Offensively, Sean McVay — whose team just dropped a 40-burger on the Colts — should be able to exploit his knowledge of the Redskin franchise to create stress for a burgundy & gold defense where the players still have to wear nametags to meetings.

The Los Angeles Rams might be able to play tough against the Redskins, and make this week’s west coast trip a lot more difficult than it looked when the schedule was announced before training camp.

But today, instead of considering the coaches, the Rams relocation, the travel to the left-coast or anything peripheral to Sunday’s game, I thought we could focus on the players who are difference-makers.

If you were the Redskins GM (do we even have one?) looking down the Rams roster, if you could wave a magic wand and make a favorable trade happen — in effect, simply pluck a player from the Rams and put him on the Redskins team — which one player would you choose?

Share your ideas in the comments.

Here are some of the higher profile players. For a full-team depth chart, you can check Our Lads.

WR: Tavon Austin, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoh Cooper

OL: Andrew Whitworth (LT), Rob Havenstein (RT), Roger Saffold (LG), Jamon Brown (RG), John Sullivan (C)

QB: Jared Goff

RB: Todd Gurley

DL: Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers

OLB: Robert Quinn, Conner Barwin

ILB: Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron

DBs: Trumaine Johnson (CB), Lemarcus Joyner (S), Mo Alexander (S)

K: Greg Zeurlein
-----------
Has to be Aaron Donald
Gurley is tempting with our situation at RB but Donald is one of the best in the league.
--------
I can't figure out how it COULDN'T be him...
this should be 100% AD…
---------
Why the picture of Georgia, Bill?
She has been dead for a few years now.

I remember when I was a kid & Georgia’s husband, Carroll drowned in suspicious circumstances. Carroll was a beloved owner of the Rams & previously, the Colts, who was a great swimmer.

Rumors were rampant that she was involved in having him killed along with the mob so she could inherit the Rams. Carroll’s son, Steve, worked with him with the Rams & most people wanted him to be the owner & there was some kind of court battle over that I think.

Georgia’s only contribution to the Rams before Carroll’s death was to form the first Rams cheerleaders, the Embraceable Ewes. Yep, that was there name.

Incidentally, my first NFL game ever was when I was about 18 & I got to drive a truck around the stadium loaded with Ewes holding up the name of one of the American hostages in Iran. I had a boner for weeks after that.

The Dolphins destroyed the Rams in the game with Delvin Williams running all over them. I didn’t get to see most of the game as I was stuck in the corner of the far end zone from most of the action which was obscured by the sideline stands at the Anaheim Angels stadium.
--------
Choosing photos is both challenging and fun
Before I started putting together the ‘club’ posts I never looked at the photos. Now I look at other’s choices with great interest and select my own with great enthusiasm.

At this point, I intend to do one of these posts weekly (unless they turn out to be lame). Putting up a current player may tip my own thinking about the answer. I considered putting Doug Williams up there, but in the end I thought I might do some homage shots to notorious owners of opposing teams from the past.

I’ve already written next week’s piece and spent 15 minutes selecting an Al Davis shot from a multitude of choices that spanned 4 decades or more.

I chose this one partly because of the brilliant colors Georgia was wearing; I wanted to announce the change from Redskins-Eagles to Rams week. This picture of Georgia felt like that kind of big introduction.

Glad you noticed. Sorry if it caused you any consternation.

Parenthetically, I was trying to list Georgia in the poll. I toyed with "the ghost of Georgia Frontiere", "Georgia resurrected" or "Zombie Georgia" but it all felt like bad taste. Somehow, it seems okay to mention in the comments. Thanks for giving me the opening to do so. You’re my official ‘lead blocker’ for today.
-------
Well, Donald.
I watched the game against the Colts.

Goff looks like a real QB and the team looks like an NFL team. I saw only a small bunch of their old plays. Fisher’s days are in the rearview mirror. Il looks like McVay has already done his work there.

As I wrote at the end of the preseason, 0-2, and counting.
---------
If you haven't seen the Rams, look out
They are much better. I saw the Indi game, and I was impressed.

The D was always good, but Wade Phillips has it playing at an even higher level than last year – despite not using Donald, who was a holdout until just before the start of the season.

The changes on offense under McVay have been impressive. The OL has been credible and much improved so far but it’s their biggest vulnerability. The Redskins will have to get pressure on Goff or he will torch them. Old habits probably return if he gets a lot of pressure – he’s not that mobile.

Gurley is one of the best, and the backups at RB are solid too. The top 3 WRs (Watkins, Kupp, and Woods) are the best this team has had in years. Former starter Tavon Austin, who offers speed and not much else, is a bench player now. Especially impressive is Kupp, who is everything as advertised from draft reviews and who in retrospective drafts is going to be #1 pick for 2017.

Goff loves to go to Kupp because he is big, fast enough, consistently open and has very dependable hands. He does all the little things well – he plays like a veteran, not a rookie. Norman will have his hands full, and that’s not typical for WRs playing in their second NFL game.
--------
The Redskins match up very well with this team, IMO.
Norman, Breeland and Fuller look to be one of, if not the best corner trios in the NFL. They’ll lock up the Rams WRs.

The Redskins pass rush looks very good. I know Wentz wiggled out of some sacks, but the OLBs are great.
-------
Yes, this team can go out there and whip the Rams' ass.
Forget about last week. All this team has to do is limit the mistakes, avoid the back breaking mistakes all together and play with some intensity, pride and…manhood. That offensive line needs to man the eff up. That’s still a part of this game, sometimes I think it’s become too much a business to some of these guys. Got to get passionate, angry and fed up with the embarrassment.

You’ve got to decide you’re through being an over-drafted, overpaid, overrated, pussy. Take the effing tiara off your head and skirt off your hips and play like your fighting for your honor…like you had some honor.
--------
You just made me realize how bad this site is going to be if we lose to the Rams.
All the narratives over Wade Phillips are going to come out. The Gruden is an inept play caller narratives (should have promoted McVay to HC). I wouldn’t be surprised if it even brought out some of the old trade for the right to draft Robert narratives.

I sure hope they win this week. Redskins nation needs a little sunshine.
--------
None of the players from "the trade"
1: Aaron Donald
2: Robert Quinn (why isn’t he in the poll while Barwin is?)
3: Sammy Watkins
4: Todd Gurley
---------
Brockers would be an upgrade for us on the DL, but Donald is much better…
Janoris Jenkins would be as well for Breeland, but he’s no longer with the Rams…
Not much left there…
--------
if your answer is anything other than Aaron Donald, you’re wrong
------
I'm a Rams fan. The Redskins I would take, in ranking order, are:
1. Trent Williams
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Zac Brown
4. Josh Norman
---------
Yeah, Ogletree is one of the few left from those picks I think. I guess Brockers kind of counts.
Rams missed on drafting Bobby Wagner, one of the few times I would’ve liked Fisher to get his way, and I always wondered if we even draft Ogletree if we get Wagner.
----------
McVay.
It will be interesting to see how his game plan will work, knowing our offense and def.
--------
McVay. Is there any quality this man is lacking, beyond a more worn coach’s years of frustrating experience?
---------
Cooper Kupp
Want another Jordy Nelson from Day 1 of his career? That’s who he is..

Wade or McVay ?? Sure, those are the obvious choices, but the front office would undercut and ruin both of them the same way they undercut and dumped McL

If we dont start quickly in this game, I wouldnt be surprised if they rang up 30 + on us as well.. They are going to go all out after Cousins to try and cause early turnovers.. If it starts poorly, we wont be able to come back against their defense..We need a quick start and pressure on Goff
--------
Cooper Kupp is looking like a steal for the Rams.
Jordy Nelson comparison is not farfetched.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was gonna ask what the hell is Georgia doing in here?
Georgia’s only contribution to the Rams before Carroll’s death was to form the first Rams cheerleaders, the Embraceable Ewes. Yep, that was there name.
Isn't that still their name?

Incidentally, my first NFL game ever was when I was about 18 & I got to drive a truck around the stadium loaded with Ewes holding up the name of one of the American hostages in Iran. I had a boner for weeks after that.
TMI

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Redskins fans can talk all they want about Rams this and Redskins that. When the final score shows a blowout against the Skins, there will be dead silence in their forum.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Thanks @Prime Time ....I Love Love Love these posts.

Fist thing that caught my eye "Tavon Austin is their best WR"...which tells me he got the thread started without checking the depth chart. I don't expect them to know all about our roster, but that comment stood out and I like it cause it means maybe our new good hands guys might catch them off guard.

Yeah, when it comes to receiving skills Tavon is the 4th best receiver and I might be generous. Reynolds will be pretty good too. Tavon is a gimmick guy. Its obvious that guy only follows the redskins and is just the casual fan when it comes to other teams. He probably couldn't name the Rams other receivers.

Rainram

Starter
The Colts really are terrible. And we did what we should have done to them.

The Redskins are a much better team (although I think Cousin's and their offense are generally overrated). Their OLine is pretty damn stout. They will try to run on us more, I bet.

I also think their defense is going to be a decent litmus test for our Offense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...eturn-makes-pryorjohnson-matchup-even-harder/

Redskins vs. Rams: Donald’s return makes Pryor/Johnson matchup even harder
By: Diane Chesebrough

usatsi_9579312.jpg

After what the Los Angeles Rams did to the Indianapolis Colts last week, Washington Redskins fans are looking ahead to their team’s Week 2 trip out west with some apprehension. Former Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay – now the Rams’ head coach – engineered an exciting win for fans of his team, dominating the Colts at home in a 46-9 win.

There are several significant matchups to watch between Rams and Redskins players and one of those is the one between Washington wideout Terrelle Pryor and Rams’ cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsqPf01RB0

Johnson had an exceptional game last week against the Colts, recording one interception for a touchdown and two tackles. He also forced a fumble deep in Indianapolis territory, leading to a field goal.

Johnson wreaked havoc on the Colts. Out of the five times receivers under his coverage were targets, just two passes were caught.

Franchise-tagged for 2017, Johnson will be covering Pryor for most of the time they are both on the field. What will make things more difficult is that L.A. defensive tackle Aaron Donald will be back, having been away from the facility since June OTAs on contract issues.

The three-time Pro Bowler will make an already-good Rams’ pass rush exponentially better, putting pressure on Redskins QB Kirk Cousins. This will make it easier for Trumaine and the rest of the Ram’s secondary to do their jobs against Washington’s receivers.

Johnson was the NFL’s Week 1 Defensive Player of the Week (the first time for a Rams CB). He also earned Pro Football Focus’ No. 3 cover grade among corners. Between the good game he had against the Colts and his All-Pro teammate being back, he will be even more confident Sunday.

It will be up to the Redskins offensive line and blockers to protect Cousins. It will be up to Cousins to be accurate and get the ball out of his hands quickly. And it will be up to Pryor to get good, fast separation and be physical when he is targeted by Johnson.

“I wish he would have held out for another week,” Redskins LT Trent Williams joked about Donald. “But that’s life in the NFL now. Everybody has these D-lines that are souped-up so… you’ve got to bring a hard hat, it’s going to be another tough one.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can't forget about this gem (after they got destroyed by the Eagles on Monday night a few years ago).

GET 'EM!!!!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Norman, Breeland and Fuller look to be one of, if not the best corner trios in the NFL. They’ll lock up the Rams WRs.

ok dude thats woods sammy and Kupp covered .... who is gonna cover Everett Higbee Austin and Gurley

(fuck we have weapons ....so weird )

Ram65

Legend
Cousins was off last week against the Eagles. He was throwing high to open WRs. Rams will cover better and Prior has jelled with Cousins yet. It looks like the Rams should handle the Skins at home. It is a big game for the Skins as they cant go 0 and 2 and expect tp keep up in their division. They will put up a fight.

Psycho_X

Legend
In my Fisher conditioned world, I am fully expecting a complete and utter collapse by the Rams because that's what a Fisher team would do. We would win big and look like the best team in football and the next week against an average team we'd lose 17-3. Someone would get ejected. Greg Robinson would have 56 holding penalties and negate at least one touchdown. Brian Quick or Lance Kendricks would drop an easy touchdown in the endzone.

That is what I'm conditioned to expect this Sunday. If McVay has this team playing like they did last week again I will officially be full onboard, nonstop homer boy for the rest of the season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In my Fisher conditioned world, I am fully expecting a complete and utter collapse by the Rams because that's what a Fisher team would do. We would win big and look like the best team in football and the next week against an average team we'd lose 17-3. Someone would get ejected. Greg Robinson would have 56 holding penalties and negate at least one touchdown. Brian Quick or Lance Kendricks would drop an easy touchdown in the endzone.

That is what I'm conditioned to expect this Sunday. If McVay has this team playing like they did last week again I will officially be full onboard, nonstop homer boy for the rest of the season.
Yeah, it's hard to shake off the effects of hurricane Jeff... he did a lot of destruction.

But, like those poor souls in Texas and Florida, we can rebuild our foundation again and things will improve.

Just an analogy (not trying AT ALL to minimize the ordeal of the victims of Harvey and Irma)... just that you get affected by your environment and it changes your outlook.

But things do improve and the human spirit always prevails.

I have donated a fair amount to the hurricane victims (our company matched dollar for dollar)... and I've donated a lot of by life to the Rams.

Here's to knowing both will improve!

Prayers to the victims!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is literally EXACTLY how I feel. I just can't shake the Fisher feeling just yet.