What Redskins Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://es.redskins.com/topic/415977-redskins-vs-rams-prediction-thread-possible-gauntlet-march/

Redskins vs Rams Prediction Thread: Possible Gauntlet March?

Sunday, the Redskins head to Los Angeles to take on a Rams team that obliterated the Colts in week 1.

Let's face it; we all expected to see a crisp, sharp, attentive group of players on the field this past weekend, polished, on the edge of being in mid-season form.

That didn't quite happen.

Luckily for me, I was doing repairs on my garage roof thanks to hurricane Harvey and didn't get to see the actual game, but I managed to catch some highlights against an Eagles team that was kinda in the same boat as we are. Both teams, at times, looked good, but only for a bit, then the miscues, stupid penalties, and flat out unenthusiastic efforts put out on the field.

The Redskins briefly led the game, but it seemed the Eagles were more hungry for the W than the Redskins were, and after the whatever it was, which led to the defensive TD at the end did us in.

This week the Redskins hit the west coast, and if my memory serves me correct, they don't do so hot in sunny California; in fact, anything west of the Mississippi has not looked good for them with the exception of Dallas, but that's a rival and anything can happen in those games.

The Rams completely dominated the Luck-less Colts, Goff looked comfortable out there, and with new HC Sean McVay, he may very well be a good QB this year. RB Gurley can pound the rock and physically punish people, so it will be a chore to get him down, and even though the WR corp doesn't look that strong, they got the job done last sunday. Tayvon Austin is their best WR, and he is shifty as they come.

Defensively, well, this is a strange viewpoint; the Redskins HAD McVay, and COULD HAVE had Wade Phillips as the DC, but for reasons it didn't happen. Now both of them are together in Los Angeles, and I have to admit, Wade gets the most out of his players, and they were already a scrappy, testy, aggressive group, but now they will have someone who has been there before and has seen everything, so he will have them on their toes, eating their own shoes, ready to get after Cousins & co.

Now, it was week 1, and the Redskins seem to start slow then pick up as the season goes, AND the Rams did smoke the Colts, but its HOW it all happened that has me concerned. Gruden has his hands full, and I'm not really a fan of him calling plays, but that's why he's a HC and I'm here typing.

It is a difficult job to call plays AND be emotionally tuned into the game itself, looking at strengths and weaknesses, exploiting them, and calling the right plays all at the same time. Maybe he's Superman, Time will tell all.

I see this game as an all-out dogfight. The Redskins will have to be on their toes the entire game or they could fall behind very quickly if they don't take it seriously enough.

Look for Cousins to be under almost constant pressure, and hopefully Goff will have the same come his way.

When the dust settles,

I think the Redskins will not be able to keep up the emotion,

Redskins 16

Rams 27

I hope I'm wrong.

* First correct score prediction gets a a new Redskins cap. Good luck and GO SKINS!
---------
Skins 13
Rams 27
----------
38-7 Rams.

Wade makes Jay his **** (again) and McVay knows how to attack our defense.
---------
Redskins 17 Rams 14

Cousins struggles again against another mighty front but the D carries the day. Rams drive late but Gallette sack strips Goff to perserve the lead.
---------
Another ex Redskins coach beats his former team.

Rams 35
skins 21
--------
For me this is a must-win game.
Rams 20 Redskins 21
------
36-19 Rams win.
-------
Skins 34
Rams 27
-------
28 - 20 Redskins
--------
If we lose while Kirk has another bad game and Grudens team once again came out poorly, is bench both of their asses on principal alone.

Sadly we don't have a boy genius as backup coach nor a young QB to take over for Kirk. We're in purgatory.
--------
Good lord, you guys are so overreactive. Rams probably won't break 30 points again this season. That score was a fluke.

Still, I think we lose. September Kirk Cousins is barely an NFL starter. Offense will get points solely because the defense manages a few turnovers. Other than that, they get dominated again. Defense will hold up their end but a Kirk turnover (probably off a drop by Pryor) is the difference.

Skins 14
Rams 17

sadness abound. 0-4 is in play but no way are the Rams some juggernaut. They stink just as much as we do. They just played a team that didn't have the sense to sign a competent NFL backup for their glass man starter
--------
Heart: Redskins 20, Rams 10...No way this team loses to the pitiful Rams and Goff. Our defense will bring them back to earth.

Head: Rams 21, Redskins 20...No way the Redskins travel cross country and grab a win vs their former OC who knows everything about Cousins and the team's tendencies.

Liver: Redskins 35, Rams 14...This is the NFL. One week you're trash, the next week you're treasure. Cousins and Pryor finally get in sync and connect for numerous big plays. Oh, and the defense creates multiple TOs again, scoring on one...again.
-------
lol everyone overreacting over the rams beating an awful colts team. We play better, still struggle a little offensively the rams have a good defense, but our defense makes more plays.

Redskins- 19
rams- 13
--------
Lambs 24 Skins 13 might take weeks for us too score 20,remember those days?!
--------
31 us.
17 them.

Mcvay knows us and we know him, nothing big there. The Rams believe their own hype and we roll.
.... but if we lose then I don't think we win a game this year lol.
---------
Remember how long ago it was that the Skins played a competent game on offense and ended up with a victory?...Yeah...

Rams don't need to be a juggernaut to beat the Redskins right now, unfortunately. 24-17, L.A....
--------
Skins 37-31 In overtime:

Cousins 47-33-371 yards

3 td's 2 interceptions
--------
Aaron Donald sacks Cousins so hard he explodes into a cloud of pink mist
--------
My gut tells me the Rams are going to beat us. My heart tells me we'll go out there and bring home a W. But the reality is that they are probably better coached than our squad, and will likely execute better, too. We'll see who looks better next Sunday. I hope it's Cousins, but I have a fear that it'll be a see-what-I-can-do display from Boy Wonder and Goff.
--------
We're gonna get our asses kicked and then I'm gonna get drunk.
-------
Rams 20 - Skins 10. Sad.
------
I don't think we've ever beaten a former Skins coach in the Snyder era, and Wade Phillips OWNS Gruden. This will be UGLY. 24-13 Rams.
--------
Rams - 31
Redskins- 13
---------
Sometimes it doesn't seem like we can strip-sack a scarecrow.

Heart: 24-20 Washington

Head: 27-20 LA
-------
Redskins - 24
Rams -17

We usually play better away, and the offense usually corrects itself (after a bad showing) as long as the opposing team isn't somewhere in the top 10. And the Rams are not.
--------
I ain't scared of the red headed Hobbit, and I sure ain't scared of Jared Goff.

Skins get pressure. Goff lays a turd. Kirk and the Skins bounce back.

Skins 27
Rams 13
--------
Cooper Kupp becomes a household name and continues the tradition of an unknown rookie having a career day against us.

Wade Phillips makes it personal and shows the Skins front office what they missed out on.

McVay gets a Gatorade bath 2 weeks in a row
-------
31-24 Rams.
---------
Redskins 19
Rams 16
-------
Rams, the freaking RAMS of all teams, to steamroller us.

McVay will have them SO pumped for this. And with confidence sky high to start with after last week, along with Wade having our number most every time his D faces the B&G, I sadly can't see anything else but a very painful watch late Sunday.

Rams to hang 30-40, Redskins to be in the teens.

Extreme Skins to hit new lows of implosion.
default_sad.png
---------
24-21 Skins in a gritty dogfight squeaker
--------
I'm on board with the Colts being extremely brutal. That team is hot garbage. Overreaction time around here.

There will be little home field advantage.

Redskins: 27
Rams: 23
--------
Cooper Kupp.

Isn't that the light-footed bird that races Mario down the mountain on N64? That damn bird gave me fits for 3 hours, til I FINALLY beat it, then I was so mad it took so long I accidentally turned off the game.
--------
Our D keeps us in the game. The O line provides better pass protection, Perine debuts and does very well, Cousin's gets in a rhythm even hitting Doctson in the EZ and the Skins win 24 - 17.
---------
Rams 27 Skins 24

Skins play better but a 4th quarter mistake once again costs them a win.
-------
This pick is base "ZERO" on the fact that the Rams hung 46 on a terrible Colts team. This is my heart/head talking:

Ramrods- 26 (4 FGs, including game winner from 53 yards- because no one misses 50+ yarders against us, ever)

Skins- 23
--------
Redskins - 31
Rams - 27
---------
Boy Wonder and Son-of-Bum win 31-3
---------
My heart says we pull a miracle, but my head says 30-10 rams. I had an uneasy feeling in Pre-Season that they just don't click. I am so glad i did not pay for nfl sunday ticket this year. At least I don't have that pain on top of it. I can only feel for the ticket holders. I called for 6 and 10 season, it should slip to 3 - 13 now.. On a positive not, I do believe our D has taken a step fwd.
--------
The "they just need more time to get in synch" argument won't hold water after Goff and his new receivers put on a show.

…..

Legend
Thanks @Prime Time ....I Love Love Love these posts.

Fist thing that caught my eye "Tavon Austin is their best WR"...which tells me he got the thread started without checking the depth chart. I don't expect them to know all about our roster, but that comment stood out and I like it cause it means maybe our new good hands guys might catch them off guard.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Heart: Redskins 20, Rams 10...No way this team loses to the pitiful Rams and Goff. Our defense will bring them back to earth.

Head: Rams 21, Redskins 20...No way the Redskins travel cross country and grab a win vs their former OC who knows everything about Cousins and the team's tendencies.

Liver: Redskins 35, Rams 14...This is the NFL. One week you're trash, the next week you're treasure. Cousins and Pryor finally get in sync and connect for numerous big plays. Oh, and the defense creates multiple TOs again, scoring on one...again.
Heart.
Head.
Liver.

What a great way to preface/classify your predictions!

I'm going to give it a try:
Heart: Rams win last week is indicative of the point differential we'll be seeing in every contest for rest of season. Rams 38 Redskins 3.

Head: Rams are an improved team, and will finish with a winning record. They will beat the teams they are supposed to beat this year. Starting with another home win against the Redskins. There will be adversity in the contest though. A gutty team win at the wire. 17-14 Rams.

Liver: Never to early to start planning the Rams Superbowl party next February. Going with Elysian Space Dust IPA on tap. Breaking out the deep fryer. Wings. There will be "The Rules written on the Scroll" drinking game. I'll put the first rule on the Scroll 1) Referee gets knocked down equals every one do a shot. OH, almost forgot: Rams over Redskins: 50 to 3 this Sunday.

Go Rams!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fist thing that caught my eye "Tavon Austin is their best WR"...which tells me he got the thread started without checking the depth chart. I don't expect them to know all about our roster, but that comment stood out and I like it cause it means maybe our new good hands guys might catch them off guard.

I also bolded the comment "even though the WR corp doesn't look that strong." This Skins fan has not caught up to the changes with the Rams WR's.

What strikes me most about our WR's after the first game and the preseason is on thing; separation.
In the past that has been a problem, WR's not being able to consistently get separation while running their routes. We have that ability now and it will be a huge factor in the games to come.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I also bolded the comment "even though the WR corp doesn't look that strong." This Skins fan has not caught up to the changes with the Rams WR's.

What strikes me most about our WR's after the first game and the preseason is on thing; separation.
In the past that has been a problem, WR's not being able to consistently get separation while running their routes. We have that ability now and it will be a huge factor in the games to come.
That was the same guy that said TA was our best WR.
Apparently he still believes Watkins and Woods are still on Buffalo and Kupp is still in college.

…..

Legend

Great point and as an example to your point....the Kupp TD, he wasn't even running that fast and still got separationin the end zone. I think its because they arent sure wtf we're gonna do. I cant pinpoint to fact that last years team was that predictable or if the Colts zone Defense was full of cushion....but it sure appeared as though our receivers had their defensive backfield on their heels.

nanotech

Rookie

Unfortunately, it wasn't Gruden that said that.:sneak:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Nah that's a bullshit excuse. I could tell you every teams best receiver. I don't need a depth chart to know the Rams traded for Sammy Watkins. Just a fuckin tv.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I like their fan optimism. A lot of funny posts, some far fetched than expected, but you can't dislike them for trying. It will be a interesting game indeed.

jjab360

Legend

It's no doubt, Kupp, Watkins, and Woods are all excellent route runners and McVay knows exactly the route combinations to have them run. It's a deadly combination to say the least.

There were multiple wide open receivers on almost every play last week albeit Detroit's DBs are particularly weak.Goff rarely had to throw into a tight window and when the time comes against a D where he has to, I have confidence in Kupp and Watkins coming down with contested balls, Woods is okay there too.

…..

Legend
Nah that's a bullcrap excuse. I could tell you every teams best receiver. I don't need a depth chart to know the Rams traded for Sammy Watkins. Just a freakin tv.

well thanks kinda what I was thinking too....lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Heart: Rams 31-10
Head says pump the breaks and wait for cosistency: Rams 17-14
Beat down fan of a perpetually losing team tells me to not watch and drown my sorrows in a handle of bourbon.

I think we can win and should at home but we're young and learning to be good so hold on it could be a bumpy ride.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks PT! Ya know, those Skinnies fans are an odd bunch :sneaky::whistle:;)

Mcvay knows us and we know him, nothing big there.
Good point IMO... I've seen a number of posts here citing McVay's knowledge of the Skinnies offense as a big positive... but that cuts both ways.

Gruden knows how McVay thinks too.

Should be a good game (better be!!! :eek:)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Heart: Rams 38 Redskins 13

Head: Rams 21 Redskins 17

Liver: Rams 80 Redskins 0
Jared Goff: 35/35 560 yards 8 touchdowns

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
even though the WR corp doesn't look that strong, they got the job done last sunday
This guy obviously isn't paying much attention!!!

It is a difficult job to call plays AND be emotionally tuned into the game itself, looking at strengths and weaknesses, exploiting them, and calling the right plays all at the same time. Maybe he's Superman,
He's speaking about Gruden, Right!?! I Laugh!!:rolllaugh:

When the dust settles,

I think the Redskins will not be able to keep up the emotion,

Redskins 16

Rams 27
Maybe he's paying a little attention, But not much! 16 points!? OK. 1 TD and 3 FG's! But the Rams will put up 34 at least!!(y);):yess: