What record will it take for Fisher to be...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No use guessing anymore since he getting another 3 years. I guess they want him to help transition the team and fans to the new stadium like he did at Nashville. :censored:

FrankenRam

Starter
Has nobody been paying attention to the Fisher contract extension reports that have been going around. And I believe that was reported at least once by John Clayton....who ain't no slack media 'talking head'. If he's reporting, I'm fairly confident there's something to it.

And IF those reports are accurate, there is all but zero chance Fisher will be fired during the season. And if extended, it would probably have to be a historically bad season for him to be fired at the end of the season.

There is one opportunity to see Fisher fired that is all but guaranteed to get the job done. IF attendance at the Coliseum were to be no more than say 20-25k for a bunch of home games, that would definitely get someone's attention.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I hope we win 6 straight starting this Sunday but ... I'm asking your honest opinion.
If we start off 0-4 do you think Kroenke pulls the plug on Fisher and fires him instantly?
I don't see how he could keep his job at 0-4 in year five.

Or what about the bye week? We will have played 7 games.
What Win-Loss record do you feel it would take to fire Fisher at the bye week?

I'm thinking 2-5 would make it happen.

2-5..........
giphy.gif

Unfortunately I don't think he can get fired this year - PERIOD.

A55VA6

Legend
I would let Fisher finish out this year (contract year, I believe?) and if Rams finish anything less than .500, he's out.

And about the contract extension rumor, I heard Kroenke walked into the locker room after Monday night's loss "Looking very unhappy" and had a lengthy talk with Fisher. Wonder if Kroenke rescinded the contract extension?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope we win 6 straight starting this Sunday but ... I'm asking your honest opinion.
If we start off 0-4 do you think Kroenke pulls the plug on Fisher and fires him instantly?
I don't see how he could keep his job at 0-4 in year five.

Or what about the bye week? We will have played 7 games.
What Win-Loss record do you feel it would take to fire Fisher at the bye week?

I'm thinking 2-5 would make it happen.
I think you are smoking something if you thought he was going to be fired. They have been talking about an extension for some time now and after the leaks that are coming out about it now it is obvious he will be here to see Goff grow and open the new stadium.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
8-8 is the target, so still lots of time.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was always a Fisher fan but if we don't go 9-7 (which we won't unless something drasticly changes), it's time to move on. Give me an offensive minded coach. At least the games would be fun to watch instead of a display of punting.

Cool thoughts, but what about my 2 specific questions I opened this thread with?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
No...he will be allowed to coach out the season...

But a couple more bad losses....on national tv will definitely seal his fate....I expect this team to struggle until the QB change is made...

Really? Wow your answer surprised me. Starting out 0-4 in his 5th year of no winning seasons? And you don't think that would seal his fate right then and there?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Cool thoughts, but what about my 2 specific questions I opened this thread with?

I don't think any record gets Fisher fired by the bye week. I think once we play Goff and are still losing, that's when it will happen.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really? Wow your answer surprised me. Starting out 0-4 in his 5th year of no winning seasons? And you don't think that would seal his fate right then and there?
I have serious concerns that even if we go 4-12, 3-13, or even 2-14 Fish & Les will get the contract extensions.....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's just be real. He is getting extended - not fired. And it probably doesn't really matter what the team does as much as we might like to think it does.

ram007

Starter
A move that could be coming late this season or early next?

There is open speculation about if Fisher should let go. By all indications, Rams want to hang on to Fisher. To satisfy the masses and to hang onto Fisher, watch them do something on the lines of promoting Fisher to a Chief Football operations guy with a new head coach reporting for him. There is a chance of this are happening given the nexus of power structure that Demoff and Fisher built.

And the natural progression would be to fire the new head coach a season and half down the lane and let Fisher come in to save the team from embarrassment (the Spin). This way Demoff and Fisher will be parts of Rams years to come.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
As soon as he throws Goff in as starter he is getting a reprieve

This team is rebuilding once again so my guess is they aren't moving upstairs until the end of the season.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I have serious concerns that even if we go 4-12, 3-13, or even 2-14 Fish & Les will get the contract extensions.....

Ah OK. I misunderstood you. I thought you were kind of saying that he should not be fired this season, ever. At least this is a serious concern of yours, which let's me know you see the problem. Thanks.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
He was minority owner when both those coaches were let go, and by all reports had limited input/say in matters. Those firings really can't be attributed to him or considered a track record for Kroenke.

Wrong. He had invested a lot for that "minority owner" role. He was fully involved in all decisions. To question that is ridiculous

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Who would be the replacement? I'm guessing Williams. I just don't see that changing much. Maybe 0-6 would get Fisher fired, but they aren't going 0-6. Somehow he will win win 2 of the next 6 games. I should say Gurley and Donald will win two games.

Ram Pat

Rookie
2-6 at the bye week, gets him fired. They will name Williams as Interim Head Coach, who will then try to bring in somebody higher profile as an offensive consultant like Mike Shanahan for example and if Williams is successful, he will get the full time gig and make the offensive consultant the OC/Assistant Head Coach and he will make Singletary DC, however, still call the defense.

How's that for play?
Can't do Williams since his 1 yr suspension, bad look. And with AD 99 helmet throw..... but he would be best option without the history

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can't do Williams since his 1 yr suspension, bad look. And with AD 99 helmet throw..... but he would be best option without the history

Well, if they hired somebody on the staff, Williams is the once coach with Head Coaching experience with the exception of Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinnis (too old) and Mike Singletary who is only a defensive consultant...Still think they would tab Williams, but this discussion is moot.