What Ram is scheduled to be a free agent next offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The big one is Barksdale, who knows what happens there. Pretty cool to have most of our best players under contract for a while, and all of our players are so young if a good percentage pan out we really are in position to build a dynasty.
I honestly believe the Rams plan to have Robinson at RT next year. Then I believe he will move to LT in his third year. I think they drafted Van Dyke with the idea that he might be able to man the RT job in 2016.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly believe the Rams plan to have Robinson at RT next year. Then I believe he will move to LT in his third year. I think they drafted Van Dyke with the idea that he might be able to man the RT job in 2016.
I doubt too many teams pick guys in the seventh round with hopes they start. A seventh round pick is a pick that rarely makes long term impact. I'm sure the Rams hope he develops into a quality starter and I sure they see potential in him. I don't think they are counting on him though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
depending on how the next few years turn out and if we climb the ladder to the top of the division with all our young raw talent and make a push as a SB contender it would be awesome if Jax could come home to retire and help us make a run as a third down back. 30s or not he is still a beast and deserves a ring more than most in the NFL
It would be interesting to see if both side might have interest in this scenario. He did not look good in Atl last year but he has always been great at blitz pick up and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Kendricks might belong on more under appreciated lists. He might be difficult to keep.
Agree, but Harkey could be the next guy in line if Kendricks' price tag gets too high. It's nice to have depth and young talent for a change isn't it?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hekker, Barksdale, Harkey and Kendricks. Although Robinson playing well and improving his pass blocking could potentially make Barksdale expendable. But letting a good young player like Barksdale go doesn't sit well with me. I'd let Harkey and Kendricks go, even though I'm fans of both, to keep Barksdale. Never have enough good OL.

I for one would hope that finally one of Boudreau's WWC OL'ers i.e Joe Barksdale would finally work out completely...like below:

*#1-Wavered by another NFL Team (Sept.26,2012)
*#2-Cleared the Wavier wire and signed by the Rams (Sept.27,2012)
*#3-Player makes the 53 master roster by season's end as a reserve (end of 2012 season)
*#4-Player is signed the next season and makes the final master roster (end of pre-season 2013)
*#5-Player becomes a starter due to injury (First game of 2013 season)
*#6-Player then earns & outplays to win the position as a starter (9th week of 2013)
*#7-Player enters the season as a starter (named by Fisher in OTA's 2014)
*#8-Players contract expires (2015)& Rams signs this same player to a long term contract as a starter in 2015(still yet to occur/pending?)

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see a few of those guys on that list resigned; Barksdale, Hekker, Harkey. But, Kendricks would be my personal number one priority. I think he's the most complete tight end on the list and has to be one of the better back up te's in the nfl.He just needs to be used more as a receiving weapon and a little less as a blocker.