What Ram is scheduled to be a free agent next offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Who are the Rams in danger of losing? I know Jake Long can be cut easily after the season and I expect Wells to be cut as well. We are sitting pretty as far as retaining our team going into next year. Hope we turn the corner this year and build on our success in 2015.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Barksdale's a free agent for sure. Hekker, Kendricks, Pettis, McLeod, Harkey, and Daniels are the most notable others (since I believe that we signed all of our UDFAs to three-year deals and the 2011 draft class only has Kendricks and Pettis remaining). Resigning Hekker should be the top priority, in my opinion; any time a team has a young All-Pro at any position, the team should make every effort to resign them.

A55VA6

Legend
Barksdale's a free agent for sure. Hekker, Kendricks, Pettis, McLeod, Harkey, and Daniels are the most notable others (since I believe that we signed all of our UDFAs to three-year deals and the 2011 draft class only has Kendricks and Pettis remaining). Resigning Hekker should be the top priority, in my opinion; any time a team has a young All-Pro at any position, the team should make every effort to resign them.
Hekker will definitely re-sign with us. He seems to really love it in STL.

Other than that, hopefully we can re-sign a couple of those players. I doubt they'll receive a huge contract elsewhere. Kendricks might be looked at by quite a few teams, though.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hekker is a must re-sign. Also, Barksdale is very valuable if the price is right.

jjab360

Legend
The big one is Barksdale, who knows what happens there. Pretty cool to have most of our best players under contract for a while, and all of our players are so young if a good percentage pan out we really are in position to build a dynasty.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't Hekker be considered a restricted free agent? I think 4th year players usually have that option the way things are setup.

And yes, Barksdale should be a priority. But remember, Quinn and Bradford will both be in line for their extensions next offseason as well. Although we can keep Quinn and franchise him if need be.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
depending on how the next few years turn out and if we climb the ladder to the top of the division with all our young raw talent and make a push as a SB contender it would be awesome if Jax could come home to retire and help us make a run as a third down back. 30s or not he is still a beast and deserves a ring more than most in the NFL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Demoff has one crazy spreadsheet in the making... Lots of guys to plan contracts for 2-3 years from now.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hekker is the must resign that we hope never actually has to leave the bench. ;)

I still wonder how mad the Jags were that they drafted Anger in the 3rd round and we got Hekker as a UDFA.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Kendricks might belong on more under appreciated lists. He might be difficult to keep.
Agreed.

He may technically be a backup now, but the Rams would be well advised to pay him as a starter.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
The Rams just need to hit on next year's draft IMO to mitigate the pressure of resigning any of these players. The only player I see with big upside is Britt and that is yet to be seen, but do agree that keeping Hekker should be achievable. I would like to sign players like Kendricks at reasonable contracts...just not pay starter money.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The Rams just need to hit on next year's draft IMO to mitigate the pressure of resigning any of these players. The only player I see with big upside is Britt and that is yet to be seen, but do agree that keeping Hekker should be achievable. I would like to sign players like Kendricks at reasonable contracts...just not pay starter money.
Starter money for TEs is not that much, especially since no one's saying to pay Kendricks elite TE money.

He'd be a shame to lose over an ill-advised attempt to nickel and dime though.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I believe that Fisher's TE/FB/H-back's Lance Kendricks UFA & Cory Harkey ERFA both will play a vital role in this offense this season. These two may have had contributed to the early pass first offense that faulted.... Both these excellent run blockers were not up to form when the season started last yr.

The 26 yr old Lance Kendricks has some health issues last season he had to deal with his knee scoped in April & it was a bit more serious than originally thought he was still having issues with the knee into August and missed much of TC & pre season. Later on his broke his index finger in week 9 that would certainly hurt when catching the ball or at anytime when your on the field but he played through the pain. ....but in week 17 when the world crashed in on the Rams. Lance stood tall taking some big shots by the Seahawks & catching five balls for 54 yards... I have nothing but high regard for Lance & would get him signed early if it were my call.

Cory Harkey will not be leaving this Ram team anytime soon...he is a pure Fisher type player from beginning to end. Cory just turned 24 last month & is the big reason why a good veteran Blocking TE Mulligan was let go so fast. Like Lance Kendricks Cory had an health issue early last season when in late August he fractured his leg. Up to that time Cory had cemented himself as a starter in the Ram offense in pre season. Harkey displayed some unknown latent skills when he show'd he had very soft hands & some running skills after the catch. I still recal a pass play when Cory did a great impression of Jared Cook's alleged talents & leaped over a would be tackle & jackrabbited for a TD. It took me hours to get my dropped jaw back into place.

If both these hybrid TE/FB's remain healthy with this Massive OL we may see the reincarnation of the 1973 Rams type of pound the run offense that is unstoppable.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hekker, Barksdale, Harkey and Kendricks.

Also, I'm really hoping they find themselves working their asses off to re-sign Britt. That would mean good things for 2014.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hekker, Barksdale, Harkey and Kendricks.

Also, I'm really hoping they find themselves working their asses off to re-sign Britt. That would mean good things for 2014.
Yeah hopefully Britt puts then in a position to work hard to sign him. If that's the case then we will have a productive 2014.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Kendrick's has been through some "almost" years and will want to be here when we turn the corner. I believe our front office may see his worth more than other teams. Barksdale could demand high pay if he has another solid year, one can only hope he would feel the same way as Kendrick's would in this case but I'm not as confident. Hekker will not be allowed to leave

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Hekker, Barksdale, Harkey and Kendricks. Although Robinson playing well and improving his pass blocking could potentially make Barksdale expendable. But letting a good young player like Barksdale go doesn't sit well with me. I'd let Harkey and kendricks go, even though I'm fans of both, to keep Barksdale. Never have enough good OL.