What Raiders Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most weeks when I read our opponents criticizing us and talking about how they'll win, I say in my head, "Eh, I can't really disagree. Your team is better." This week, I say, "Haha, okay guys." I think I know what it feels like to be an opposing team's fan reading a Rams board. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...les-R-I-mean-St-Louis-Rams-vs-Oakland-Raiders

St. Louis Rams vs Oakland Raiders

I'm hoping and praying we don't make Shaun Hill look like Peyton Manning in this game. Here's a question:

Have we ever faced Shaun Hill before?
----------
We need to stop the run, we do that we win.
---------
Just saw the latest PFF rankings and our line sits at:

Watson - 71st Tackle
Howard - 70th Guard
---------
Yea it looks like our right side is horrible while our left looks pretty decent. Too bad cause I had hope for both Howard and Watson at RT
--------
I agree with you, Watson was constantly getting beat in the Seattle Game. It makes sense how Murry was able to break off the 90 yards run on the left side.
-------
Looks like Murray won't be breaking off anything this week as he is still feeling ill from the concussion
--------
Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur·
Latavius Murray not practicing so he is out for Sunday
---------
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...icing-friday-status-in-doubt-vs-st-louis-rams

Latavius Murray not practicing Friday, ruled OUT vs Rams
By Levi Damien on Nov 28 2014

usa-today-8004779.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

After passing his initial concussion test that allowed him to practice Wednesday, Latavius Murray was not at practice Friday according to media in attendance. This puts his status very much in doubt for Sunday's game in St Louis.

While having returned to practice, Murray was limited which means he had yet to be fully cleared to play Sunday. Even then, he was to go through the concussion protocol throughout the week, making his status unclear until game day. Missing practice Friday usually means he will not play Sunday.

This is a pretty big blow for the Raiders. Murray rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns in the team's first win over the Chiefs last week. Most impressive is he did it on four total carries. He has had ten carries over the past two games for 155 yards and two touchdowns with runs of 90T, 23, 14, and 11T among them.

Update: Tony Sparano announced Latavius Murray is officially OUT for Sunday's game.
---------
We fucking lose.
----------
This hurts
Hopefully we see Reece get more carries because I can’t see us beating the Rams with Carr throwing the ball 40+ times.
----------
Why does it seem that letdowns like this only happen to us?
----------
Save the kid for next year
no need getting him beat up for meaningless games. Give it to the old men and let them flounder around with it. Winning is not the top priority at this point/ next year….just to let you know, LMFAO.
----------
WE?
it’s not up to WE, it’s up to those who watch him EVERY DAY. They know what they have in Murray and they are protecting him at this point. If they were in a playoff hunt, do you think Murray would be sitting? I don’t. But seeing as what the circumstances are, no need to rush the kid after a head shot like that. The Org is playing it smart, the Kid is part of the future, why risk it? Until he is 100%, he sits.
----------
Don't cry
next season will be here soon enough.
-----------
Reece is more than capable if
he plays with the emotion he did last game. IF the coaches start McFadden, would some of you then admit that they are tanking? If Reece starts, not so obvious, if McFadden starts, that’s all you will need to know, LMFAO.
----------
56659316.jpg

---------
Game over.
Unless DMC and MJD… oh, what’s the point? It’s hopeless.
----------
That freakin sucks..
All we have for a running game is Reese…
Im am so sick of this Shit happening to us.
We need Murray bad.. Smgdh.
I hope this kid gets better really soon.
----------
A formula for winning is starting Reece and have DMC available as change of pace to let Reece catch his breath.
As unfortunate as it is that Murray is out, we still have hopes to win without Murray if Reece starts. Try throwing the ball when DMC comes in as even DMC is effective as a receiver coming out of the backfield. DMC in the slot is still dangerous.
-----------
Dammit
That hurts.

Hopefully Reece will get healthy burn and pound some first downs with a few nice receptions and the offense can sustain some drives.

Such a lift and butterfly effect when the Raiders have a ground game. Get well, Murray.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I suppose our opponents don't pay attention to us until we are to play that Sun. Knowing we have a backup qb is about all they know and the rest of the offensive players are unknowns to them! Probably to our advantage! Fan wise, that is, the coaching staff of the other team knows the real deal with the Rams!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If we can't be in the playoffs again we can at least play spoiler and help end Sea,SF,or Az season.Well not SF so much we already did them in once and don't play them again but Sea,Az is still in play.

My guess is that the Hags and AZ make the playoffs, leaving the Whiners at home doing the whine and cheese thing...The whiners would have to finish large and get some help I think...My Christmas wish is that the Hags don't win the division with a win over the rams in week 17...I would rather the AZ guys win it than the Albatross and their RICHARD-HEAD fans !!! (Along with their double-headed egomaniacal duo of Sherman and Lynch...) Just my opinion of them, of course

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Which fan base said this ?? (yeah, it's a trick question...)

Don't cry
next season will be here soon enough.

Does it really matter, it would be true of both for seemingly forever.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
jeez they sound so depressing I almost want to give them the win

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/11/28/7301045/raiderdamus-friday-foretelling-raiders-vs-rams

RaiderDamus' Friday Foretelling: Raiders vs. Rams
By RDreamer@RaiderDamus on Nov 28 2014

usa-today-5499390.0.jpg

Long Photography-USA TODAY Sports

In the old days, this was the Battle of Los Angeles. What does the Great Beyond foresee for this one?

Greetings, Raider fans! It is I, RaiderDamus, a man who is man enough to admit when he is wrong. The Great Beyond and I were wrong last week about the Raiders losing, and I for one am happy to finally see the team prove me wrong. The Raiders finally put together a solid effort on both sides of the ball, and they totally dominated the Chefs. The game was not nearly as close as the final score would indicate.

This week, the Raiders take on the other team from Missouri, traveling to the charred remains of St. Louis to play the Rams. I contacted the Great Beyond once again to entreat him to portend the outcome of this game. Here is what the old one had to say:

"Ah, you're back! I see the Raiders got their first win last week, and may have found a running back in the process. Well, good for them. From what I understand the natives were getting restless over there. Well, on to this game.

What can I say about the Rams? They've been around for a long time, in their early years being the team of Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones and later on the team of Vince "the Hulk" Ferragamo who actually led the team to the Super Bowl after the 1979 season. Unfortunately, he led them against the 1979 Pittsburgh Steelers, who proceeded to win their fourth Super Bowl.

The Rams didn't have much success in the unfortunately named NFC West, along with notable West Coast teams Atlanta and New Orleans, who were all turbobad in those days. Some years the Niners won the division by default. The Rams would become the team of Chris Evert Jim Everett, and then the savior of the franchise, the man who would put the Rams back on the pedestal to which they had never become accustomed,Trent Green.

373471497_Rams_Green_Footballx.0.jpg

Yes that's right, Trent Green. In 2008, the Rams signed veteran quarterback Trent Green to a three year, $9 million deal. Over the course of that contract, the Rams would play in two Super Bowls, winning one. It was a pretty good deal for the Rams. I wonder whatever happened to ol' Trent.

I kid, of course. Had Trent Green actually played at all during that contract, the Rams wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Instead they turned to unknown former Northern Iowa quarterback and grocery clerk Kurt Warner, a man whose dedication to football knows no bounds. He eliminated all distractions, going so far as to marry a woman who looks like the gym teacher from Beavis and Butthead.

Buzzcut.0.png

This would ensure that Kurt Warner would never want to pull an Urban Meyer and "spend more time with his family". What a guy. Kurt Warner is, all jokes aside, one of the greatest football players and men who has ever lived. You could all do to sacrifice as much as he does every day for the things you love.

The modern Rams are truly a shell of their former selves and a rudderless ship, under the cruel tutelage of Jeff Fisher who is coaching them as though his purpose is to exact revenge for the 1999 Super Bowl, where the Rams defeated Fisher's Titans on a goal-line stand in the final seconds. Fisher's career arc has been downward ever since.

The Rams pinned their hopes on Heisman Trophy winner Sam
Bradford
(Boomer! Sooner!) but at his very best Bradford has been okay as a pro and has rarely been better than that. Now, Bradford has zero functioning knees and will probably walk like Charlie Bucket's grandpa if he ever walks again.

The Rams do have a pretty good defense, but are starting Shaun Hill at quarterback. Hill is also best described as "okay". The Rams have plenty of skill position talent, but they seem less than the sum of their parts overall. They have pulled off some impressive upsets this year though, In a division like the NFC West you have to do that.

The Rams at home are a different beast than on the road and I think they squeak this one out.Rams win, 20-19.
-----------
hard to tell.. come off a win to Donks, just to lose to the Dolts
If Murray is boots on the ground., we win. if its MacFragile running up Howards ass for a 1 yrd gain, we lose.
----------
The Rams are very powerful in certain areas but weak in others.
When their powerful areas play well and synchronized they are capable of beating anyone. Perhaps the weakest link on the Rams is consistency at qb. If Shaun Hill does not show up we will win. If the Rams have a good draft, and they have been drafting well, I think next season they are going to be real contenders.

Hopefully they trade up with us to get Mariotta or something like that because I think that is all they need as Bradford has not been the answer and we might good a lot of high picks for it. He may be on the trading block after this season, particularly if they go for a first round qb next draft. Tre Mason has been on and off but when he is on, he is capable of 100 yard games.

I think this is going to be a good match up for us and it will be close either way. The odds makers have the Rams 23 to Raiders 17, but the homer in me says 27 to 24 if our offense shows up and the defense continues its play over the last few games.
----------
Unfortunately I Think We Take This One And Fuck Ourselves Out Of That Top Draft Pick...Raiders 24/Lambs 17
The "Lambs" didn’t look so tough this week and their "O" makes lots of mistakes…I think we come out on fire after the big win this past week and take them by surprise…
---------
Apparently pic not meant to represent an actual BofLA game ... looks more like circa 1976 pic to me ... ya only play a given NFC team every 4 years ...
So it may be hard to find a lot of Rams/Raiders pics from back in teh day. Actual BofLA could’ve only happened 3-4 times max since they’re only together in LA 12 years.

Check out the friggin’ stump of an arm on the left side of the pic … that’s when football players were MEN dammit. What’s that? Lost a hand and part of your arm? TOO BAD kid … wrap it up and get the fuck back out there!!!
---------
That's When The Entire Body Was A Weapon And Al Taught His Boys To use It (~_*)
Now ya can’t even begin to use the body or it’s yellow all over the field…But Ya!!…Wrap it up in a hard cast and use that forearm smash…Or Lester with that "Stick’um"…

Those good old days will never ever return sense the games have been scaled down for women!!!…Just like the Olympics which use to be interesting to watch before it became the game of pussies!!!
----------
Close...1977
Raiders lost 20-14. Own the game on VHS
----------
Disappointed Damus that you missed riffing in some way on the fact that the Rams are perhaps most famous for inventing the 'helmet emblem'
A trend that has swept the nation over the past 60-ish intervening years … but one which apparently has yet to reach the remote burg of … ‘Cleveland’ …
---------
The Spams
Will either demolish us or we will demolish them. They don’t have the resolve to pull off any comebacks so if we get a lead early, we can likely get rolling. However, the opposite is also true most weeks, so we will see.
---------
I see the Raiders pitching a shutout possibly this week. Amped up and on fire! D may get some rest if L Murray running around out there. :p
---------
Do you have a picture of Howie Long crushing Jim Everett? Your photo is still cool, though.
----------
Good writeup
Hah, finally wrong Damus. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does lately, we all feel better. Again, you are wrong on your pick in this game too. Momentumum is a serious thing. For the time being we got it. Why not ya know? Raider 17-16. Of course I suspect you rigged Murray’s concussion test. If anything, without Murray running the rock St Louis is probably going to take this one. Damn you Damus. Damn you.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Not buying any of it this week.

Rams get their first blowout of the season. 33-10 Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I think your allowing the Raiders too many points, and not enough to the Rams! 52-0 Rams!!:D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I think your allowing the Raiders too many points, and not enough to the Rams! 52-0 Rams!!:D

Did you two post that in the 'guess the final score' thread? It doesn't count here. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/29/raiders-call-up-son-of-george-atkinson/

Raiders call up son of George Atkinson
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2014

atkinson.jpg
AP

On the same day the Raiders will face a son of one of the franchise’s all-time greats, the Raiders have signed the son of another franchise legend.

Running back George Atkinson III has been promoted from the practice squad. His father, George Atkinson Jr., played 10 years for the Raiders. He was a starter on the Super Bowl XI championship team.

If Atkinson plays, there’s a chance he’ll be tackled by Chris Long, the son of Raiders Hall of Famer Howie. It’s expected that Chris, who injured a foot in Week One, will be activated by the Rams from injured reserve on Saturday.

To create a roster spot for Atkinson, the Raiders placed cornerback Carlos Rogers on injured reserve. Atkinson will help replace running back Latavius Murray, who suffered a concussion during the team’s Week 12 victory over the Chiefs.
----------
George Atkinson was one tough dude, I love what he used to do to Lynn Swann.

That ole softy.
icon_smile.gif

---------
Sons of 2 great Raiders from the Glory Days
---------
I think Chris Long will be a free agent after the season. Bring him home to Oakland! Need DE help.
---------
Just hold on to the football.
---------
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ss-rush-oakland-raiders-face-in-st-louis-rams

Chris Long return adds to lethal pass rush Raiders face in St Louis
By Levi Damien on Nov 29 2014

usa-today-6519598.0.jpg

Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

The Rams began this season with little in the way of pass rush. This after being one of the most potent pass rushing teams in the NFL last season. That pass rush has gotten better since then and now it gets another HUGE boost with the return of Howie Long's kid, Chris to the lineup.

"I would say they have several guys up front that present a great challenge," Tony Sparano said of the Rams defensive line. "[Robert] Quinn is an outstanding player. [Aaron] Donald is an outstanding player. Kendall Langford I had, a very good player, I drafted him. There are a bunch of good players in that front there.

"You have the possibility, from what it sounds like, of getting [Chris] Long back. We're preparing for that. Talking about four first-round picks, there are a lot of good players there in that group. They're active and they fly around. They have a bunch of sacks, so we have a heck of a challenge."

They already had Robert Quinn who was an All Pro last season with 19.0 sacks. They added Aaron Donald in the draft who has been one of the best defensive tackles in football in his first 11 NFL games. Add Chris Long to that mix and that defensive line is set up to be truly smothering.

Long has averaged double digit sacks over the past four seasons for the Rams who made him the number two overall pick in the 2008 draft.

SB Nation's Joe McAtee had this to say about it:

"Having Chris Long out hurt, but the Rams are deep on the defensive line," said McAtee. "Part of it was offensive game plans just avoiding the rush by getting the ball out really quickly. . . I think the bigger concern is that they still don't have a great answer for when teams scheme for it."

McAtee notes that was what the Chargers did to the Rams which allowedPhilip Rivers to have some success against them - success Rivers did not have the previous week when he faced the Raiders

Having Long back could make it nearly impossible for the Raiders to completely scheme around the pass rush. If they double team anyone, it will free up one of the others.

Derek Carr is known for getting the ball out quickly to avoid sacks but his yards per completion and completion percentage both suffer in those instances. In the Raiders win over the Chiefs, the offense succeeded when Carr had time to survey the field and let the play develop.

Carr and the Raiders offense also had success with the added bonus of a run game thanks to the play of Latavius Murray. He will not be playing in this game due to concussion which is a further cause of concern for the Raiders prospects of success against the Rams pass rush.

Best chances for Raiders were having Latavius Murray and the Rams to be without Chris Long. Neither of those things happened which will offer the Raiders arguably their biggest test of the season trying to allow Derek Carr time to run the offense.
---------
If Sparano and Olsen start McFadden or Jones Drew over Reece, Mark Davis needs to come down from the owners box and drop kick them both in the nuts......
With that being said with what we know about this coaching staff, I expect to see McFadden starting and getting 95% of the carries….
------
arron donald scary d line on rams as rook i wanted us draft him in 2nd he was gone quick
-------
well....

My first prediction was..

23-17 Raiders…

Now that Long is playing, I’ll change my prediction to…

30-10 Raiders…
---------
The D is going to have a shut out game

And hopefully we see some of the 3rd. Wish Murray was playing so he could make that Dline look bad!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did you two post that in the 'guess the final score' thread? It doesn't count here. ;)
" You can bet I did!!" (y):D

If Atkinson plays, there’s a chance he’ll be tackled by Chris Long, the son of Raiders Hall of Famer Howie. It’s expected that Chris, who injured a foot in Week One, will be activated by the Rams from injured reserve on Saturday.
My Money is on Chris having a bigger impact!!:D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think Chris Long will be a free agent after the season. Bring him home to Oakland! Need DE help.

This comment cracks me up. He's not a free agent, we still have at least 2 more years with Long after this one, there's no way he'd willingly leave the Rams, and there's no way we're cutting him before that even if we can save money.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Players To Watch
All stats from the 2014 season up to week 10

PASSING YARDS

i
~VS~
i

Austin Davis, QB #09 - 2,001 Yards / 12-TDs 9-INTs / 63.4 CMP% / 85.1 QB Rating
Derek Carr, QB #04 2,249 Yards / 14-TDs 9-INTs / 59.1 CMP% / 76.7 QB Rating

Basic research failure. Oakland fan. 10 yards and loss of down. 2nd down!

Basic comprehension failure...makes it offsetting penalties...replay the down ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Basic comprehension failure...makes it offsetting penalties...replay the down ;)
Comprehension failure ruling has been challenged and reversed. No time out will be charged to Boffo.

Comparing stats up to week 10 or not, Austin Davis' performance is pretty irrelevant to this game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The modern Rams are truly a shell of their former selves and a rudderless ship, under the cruel tutelage of Jeff Fisher who is coaching them as though his purpose is to exact revenge for the 1999 Super Bowl

Fuck him for that even though it was funny. And I disagree with it too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
freak him for that even though it was funny. And I disagree with it too.

Oh I know. The thought that Fisher was purposely hijacking the Rams to get even with them for the Titans Super Bowl loss never even occurred to me, and indicates the thinking process of either a conspiracy nut or a demented genius.