What Raiders Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So far Raiders nation is totally quiet in all the forums I've visited, so I will post whatever I can find on the net about the upcoming game until they speak up.
------------------------------------------
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...al-score-of-oakland-raiders-vs-st-louis-rams/

Predicting the Final Score of Oakland Raiders vs. St. Louis Rams
By John Tolis on November 25, 2014

Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports

As we head into Week 13, the Oakland Raiders (1-10) get set to battle NFC West’s St. Louis Rams (4-7). Both teams stand in fourth place of their divisions, and both are out of play0ff contention with the Rams’ 27-24 loss to the San Diego Chargerslast week. The Raiders have nothing to play for but pride, but expect them to keep pushing the throttle against the Rams this coming Sunday.

Even though the Rams only have four wins, three of them have been against some real competitors. The Rams squeezed past theSeattle Seahawks in Week 7, then beat division rivals San Francisco 49ers two weeks later. The Rams’ most impressive win by far this season came against the Denver Broncos by a score of 22-7. Rams quarterback Shaun Hill has put on impressive performances as of late and looks to continue against the Raiders.

If it wasn’t for Raiders quarterback Derek Carr‘s final drive last Thursday, their losing streak would be at 17 now. In this matchup, the Raiders have an edge on the ground with their new found talent Latavius Murray. On just four carries, the second-year man ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns on the Kansas City Chiefs. Assuming he’s ready to go, you can expect the Raiders to bump him up to the starting role against the Rams. The Raiders are currently ranked last in rushing yards with an average of 73 yards per game, but Murray’s performance made the number meaningless and he needs a big game for the Raiders.

The Rams’ offense is mediocre for most NFL teams, but they’re playing against the Raiders which means they have the upper hand in every category. Rams’ rookie running back Tre Mason looks to bounce back from his 64-yard performance last week against the Chargers. Mason has been solid in the backfield for the Rams, and with a weak Raiders defense, Mason could be explosive.

These teams are heading into this matchup with two different mindsets. Even though the Raiders only have one win, it came against a good Chiefs squad last week so they’ll make that push for that second one. The Rams, on the other hand, are coming off a loss that dimmed their playoff chances, so they might seem a little deflated.

For both teams, this game will be decided on the ground. Which ever team can take advantage of the run game will come out on top.

Final Score Prediction: Rams 24, Raiders 20

John Tolis is an Oakland Raiders writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @J_TOLIS, “Like” him on Facebook or add him to your network on Google.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oakland Raiders vs. St. Louis Rams Results
The following is a list of all regular season and postseason games played between the Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams. The two teams have met each other 12 times, with the Oakland Raiders winning 8 games and the St. Louis Rams winning 4 games.
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/oakland-raiders/teamvsteam?opp=29
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-louis-rams-breaking-down-st-louis-game-plan

Oakland Raiders vs. St. Louis Rams: Breaking Down St. Louis' Game Plan
By Steven Gerwel, Featured Columnist Nov 25, 2014

St. Louis Rams (4-7) will take on the Oakland Raiders (1-10) for a second consecutive matchup against a West Coast team, but this time the Rams will have home-field advantage. This article will preview the contest and outline St. Louis' ideal game plan.

The Raiders are still a joke in the NFL, but unfortunately for the Rams, the joke's not quite as funny as it was a month ago.

Oakland is coming off a 24-20 victory over the red-hot Kansas City Chiefs—a team St. Louis lost to by 27 points—and while that's Oakland's only win this year, the Raiders also had an admirable showing against the San Diego Chargers the week before.

St. Louis has a talented defense, but it didn't contain San Diego nearly as well as the Raiders defense.

Not to mention, as tough as St. Louis has been on defense, the Raiders are right there with the Rams. St. Louis ranks 19th overall on defense (366.7 yards per game), and Oakland ranks 18th (360.5).

However, one area where the Rams clearly win is the pass rush. The Rams rank 22nd in the league with 22 sacks—a number that would be much higher if not for a painfully slow start—and the Raiders rank dead last with just 12.

Here's how the two teams match up overall on defense:

12fccee3ed73f0f20f0dd718c7acdc28_original.png

Credit: StatMilk

Offensively, both teams are very inept.

Derek Carr—Oakland's rookie starting quarterback—has been excellent and deserves to be in the Rookie of the Year discussion (even if he loses out to Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins). The rookie struggled with picks early in the year, but Carr now has back-to-back games without an interception. He has been able to cut back on mistakes and play effectively despite being stuck on a painfully below-average team.

As for the run game, Oakland has owned the worst rushing offense for pretty much the entire season, but the sudden emergence of Latavius Murray should concern the Rams.

Murray barely touched the ball throughout the first 10 weeks, but now, over the last two games, he has 155 rushing yards in just eight carries and has found the end zone twice.

The Raiders have been dead in the water when it comes to running the ball, but Murray could give that unit a jump-start just in time for the Rams.

Here's a look at how the offensive yards are divided up between these two offenses:

bc59a552682752ce69cce32b3232272c_original.png

Credit: StatMilk

Game-Planning Oakland

While the Raiders have been a better team as of late, there's no truly dominate unit the Rams have to watch out for, and that's a major bonus.

Stopping the run is of the utmost importance. The Rams struggled to contain Ryan Mathews last week, but considering the other capable rushing offenses St. Louis has faced recently—San Francisco 49ers,Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City—shutting down an Oakland rushing attack that ranks last in the NFL should be a very doable task.

Of course, if the Rams can stop the run, that makes Oakland one-dimensional. If the Raiders turn into a pass-only offense, that's a green light for the Rams to unleash their explosive pass rush—which is practically a death sentence for a rookie quarterback who has been sacked more than once in just three games this year.

That's why the Raiders have the worst record in the league. Opposing defenses stop the run, and that puts all the pressure on the rookie Carr. If the Rams can follow that formula, this should honestly be a pretty simple win, regardless of Oakland's recent competitiveness.

On offense, the Rams will be facing a capable Raiders defense. It does no good to underestimate the Oakland defense—it's a good unit with some rising stars. But luckily, the Rams do not need quarterback Shaun Hill and the offense to do anything heroic. Manage the game, pick up yards in chunks on the ground and score on occasion. That's it.

It's a pretty simple game plan. Unless the Rams completely fail at stopping the run and unless Hill tries to do too much and coughs up turnovers (see the Chargers game), St. Louis should have this game in the bag.

Steven Gerwel is the longest-tenured Rams Featured Columnist at Bleacher Report and serves as the Rams' game-day correspondent. You can find more of Gerwel's work by visiting his writer profile or by following him on Twitter.
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...ey-to-oakland-raiders-win-over-st-louis-rams/

Latavius Murray Is Key To Oakland Raiders Win Over St. Louis Rams
By John Tolis on November 25, 2014

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Oakland Raiders will look to start a winning streak for the first time in a year against the St.Louis Rams in Week 13. The Raiders are coming off win over the Kansas City Chiefs last Thursday thanks to second-year running back Latavius Murray.

The New York native unleashed his wheels on the Chiefs as he rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on only four carries. It’s pretty clear that he will assume the starting role, and for the Raiders’ sake, he needs to. But Murray suffered a concussion during the game and didn’t return. If he had finished the game, the Raiders wouldn’t have lost the lead and probably would’ve won by more.

The Raiders are sitting in dead last when it comes to running ball with an average of 73 yards per game. Darren McFadden and newly acquired Maurice Jones-Drew haven’t been threatening at all on the ground. If the Raiders want to grab another win, then not only do they need a solid performance from Murray, but from Derek Carr and the defense as well.

There was speculation that Murray would not be available against the Rams, but reports are saying that if he’s ready by Friday then he’ll suit up. Murray hasn’t participated in practice, but Raiders HC Tony Sparano insists that it’s only precaution. Murray’s performance came against a 7-4 Chief squad, so the fact he went wild on that caliber of team should be encouraging.

The Raiders are out of playoff contention, so logically, the only thing they’ll be playing for is pride. They will be going against a deflated Rams team that’s coming off a loss against the San Diego Chargers a week ago. The Rams are a mediocre squad compared to most NFL teams, so the Raiders should take full advantage.

If Murray can carry on his latest performance into this one, then he’s uncovered a game plan that the Raiders have been missing for awhile.

John Tolis is an Oakland Raiders writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @J_TOLIS, “Like” him on Facebook or add him to your network on Google
---------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...urray-practicing-after-last-weeks-concussion/

Latavius Murray practicing after last week’s concussion
Posted by Josh Alper on November 26, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptnmogqwmdc2ymuxmdljzjflndq4owmzmjywnzrhzdiy-e1417034775362.jpeg
Getty Images

Raiders running back Latavius Murray had an eventful Thursday night against the Chiefs.

Murray saw his profile grow exponentially when he scored on 11- and 90-yard touchdown runs in the first half of the Raiders’ nationally televised first win of the 2014 season. Just as a wider group of people were getting to know who Murray was, things took a negative turn when Murray was forced out of the game with a concussion.

Sunday’s game against the Rams won’t have quite as big a viewing audience, but it looks like there’s a good chance that they’ll see Murray. According to multiple reports from Oakland, Murray was on the field and taking part in the team’s first practice of the week. That doesn’t mean he’s cleared to play Sunday, but it puts him on the right track to follow up on his four carry,112 yard breakout.

The Raiders also announced a roster move on Wednesday. Tight end David Ausberry was placed on injured reserve with a foot injury and promoted defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin from the practice squad. Ausberry had two catches in six games this season and missed all of last season.
---------------
There are us who are in the know about all things Raiders had a great feeling about this kid. I looked at the tape right after Reggie picked this kid and was blown away at what I saw. 6’3 230 with 4.38 speed. Was on IR last year. A lot of us Raiders fans have been chomping at the bit to see this kid get to carry the rock. So far so good. Hope Sparano and Christian Bale, I mean Greg Olson don’t have their heads up their…..never mind, just give the kid the D@man ball.
----------
Great news….it’s time to see what we have with some of the younger players on the roster. Also add Streeter back to the mix, and we might have some “O”
----------
Man if they had put this kid in earlier instead of trying to force square ass McFadden into that circle ass hole, we might have won 2-3 more games by now.. Props to dmc for staying healthy throughout the year but dude needs to take a seat and let Murray run it
----------
Beast Mode Murray will be Carr’s best friend for many seasons to come. He looked like Bo 2.0 vs The Chefs
----------
His vision is the difference, he’s patient, he sees the backside and he cuts on time.
-----------
Rams fan here. I was very impressed with Murray last Thursday-the kid has great moves. The Rams have been pretty stellar for the most part against the run especially at home. If he can be successful against them I think the Raiders might have found their RB of the future IMO.
----------
This kid has one thing the rest of the Raider backs don’t have. That burst. The burst that few backs have. Did you see him change gears on the 90 yard run? And I am not a Raiders fan, btw. I was big time impressed!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Raiders scare me right now more than the Patriots because beating them seems unrewarding but losing subjects us to media slaughter. They are a young squad that just figured out how to win and they are improving by the week. If they finally found their groove, this could be a demoralizing trap game. Let's not get too cocky even about this one.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't see how the Rams could get cocky on anyone right now. I almost feel a kinship with these Raiders fans, wanting to respond to trash talkers who trash your team but having nothing to fall back on.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm curious to see what Raiders fans say about this game. I can't imagine they'd be too optimistic but you never know.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I just want us to play a 60 min ballgame. If we do that we should win.

Of course we could always start off hot, then not change a damn thing at the half and get ass raped in the 2nd.

Who knows?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
This is the one (and perhaps only) fan base I wouldn't expect hearing the "if we lose to these guys, we suck" comments from.

Honestly, I feel a little apprehensive here:cautious:

After the last second drama last week from "seal team 1" or something like that, I feel let down....yawn

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams should win this one, which means we're probably in for disappointment.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
A big time blowout win is just as important for the teams moral as a tight win vs SF or Sea.We are very young and were learning how to win and IMO these games that we should win will go a long way if we win and win big.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You guys remember that loss to the Jets at home a couple of years ago? That crap better not happen on Sunday!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's no reason whatsoever that our defense shouldn't completely dismantle that Raider offense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oakland Raiders vs. St. Louis Rams Results
The following is a list of all regular season and postseason games played between the Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams. The two teams have met each other 12 times, with the Oakland Raiders winning 8 games and the St. Louis Rams winning 4 games.
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/oakland-raiders/teamvsteam?opp=29
Since moving to ST. Louis the Rams are 2-2 against the Raiders, and each of our wins were "Ass Whippings" 28-13 (in ST.L) and 20-0 (@ Oak) their wins were not!

The Raiders scare me right now more than the Patriots because beating them seems unrewarding but losing subjects us to media slaughter. They are a young squad that just figured out how to win and they are improving by the week. If they finally found their groove, this could be a demoralizing trap game. Let's not get too cocky even about this one.
There are enough player still here from the 2012 squad that remember falling into the "Jets-Trap-game" I don't think it will happen again!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...les-R-I-mean-St-Louis-Rams-vs-Oakland-Raiders

St. Louis Rams vs Oakland Raiders
large-logo.png

Week 12

VS

St. Louis Rams (4-7) vs Oakland Raiders (-10)

stl.png

St. Louis, MO

10:00 AM PT, November 30, 2014

Players To Watch
All stats from the 2014 season up to week 10

PASSING YARDS

i
~VS~
i

Austin Davis, QB #09 - 2,001 Yards / 12-TDs 9-INTs / 63.4 CMP% / 85.1 QB Rating
Derek Carr, QB #04 2,249 Yards / 14-TDs 9-INTs / 59.1 CMP% / 76.7 QB Rating

RUSHING YARDS

i
~VS~
i

Tre Mason, RB #27 - 445 Yards / 108 Carries/ 4.1 YPC / 1 TDs
Darren McFadden, RB #20 - 422 Yards / 125 Carries/ 3.4 YPC/ 2 TDs

RECEIVING YARDS

i
~VS~
i

Kenny Britt, WR #81 - 27 Catches / 477 Yards / 3 TDs
James Jones, WR #89 - 49 Catches / 545 YDS / 4 TDs

TACKLES LEADER

i
~VS~
i

Alec Ogletree, LB #52 - 75
Charles Woodson, S #24 - 82

SACKS

i
~VS~
i

Robert Quinn, DE #94 - 6.0
Sio Moore, LB #55 - 3

INTERCEPTIONS

i
~VS~
i

Alec Ogletree, LB #52 - 2
Charles Woodson, S #24 - 2

Click For More Stats

GO RAIDERS!
Just Win, Baby!
al.png

-----------------
Rams 27
Raiders 18
---------------
I've got the Raiders winning this one IF they get LT back.

Raiders 24
Rams 17
----------
If we can get solid play from Murray and Reece in the run game then we have a great shot at pulling out a win.

Hopefully Murray passes the protocol today so he can practice.

Raiders 24
Rams 17

Woodson gets another pick and Mack another sack
-----------
Tough matchup. St. Louis is playing competitive right now.
----------
All we need is for a RB to rush for 100 yards and we'll win every game from here on out.

See how stupid that looks?
----------
The Ram's defense is no joke. Gregg William's is going to make it a tough day for the rookie QB.

14-9 slobberknocker. Rams win.
----------
Sparano doesn't have much confidence in LM even after his breakout game. I see him still using DMC & MJD the majority of the game & this will cause us to fall behind.

TJ Carrie will give us a boost in the return game & give Carr short fields to work with giving us a small lead heading into the second half. Raiders win 2 in a Row with Andre Holmes & Michael Rivera having big games.

Raiders 28 Rams 21
----------
It's gonna be a good fought game! Ultimately it will come down to who's defense is fresher down the stretch! Raiders win 24-20 Carr with another game winning TD
-----------
I think the Raiders can actually get a W here, but it won't be easy! Especially, on the road.
---------
All we need is the opposing team to turn the ball over 3 times and we will win every game frome here on out

See how that dumb that looks?
---------
It is the ONLY way this team will win. If they don't, they have no chance.
---------
You know what most of them meant, that being said some people make it sound like a run game would take this team all the way. I will say if we started the season with a league average RB combo we would probably have gotten our third maybe 4th win Thursday.

This team has a boat load of crap that needs fixing though.
---------
Yessir! Raider 17 - 14 Rams
---------
How awesome would it be to watch, Murray just tear it up again and play the full game? Woooooooo can't wait!
---------
Raiders eek this one out, 24-23
---------
Raiders 20 - Rams 17
---------
Rams 20 Raiders 13
---------
**** the Rams.
---------
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...s-vs-st-louis-rams-fantasy-start-sit-sleepers

Raiders vs Rams fantasy start, sit, sleepers
By Tyler Green@TylerGreenSB on Nov 27 2014

usa-today-8218029.0.jpg

Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

Coming off their first victory of the season, the Oakland Raidersare set to play the Rams in St. Louis this Sunday. Which players should you start, sit, or potentially add to your teams?

Start

Rams Defense
After scoring 25 combined points in the last two weeks, the Rams defense is looking like many projected it would at the beginning of the season. They have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL that features Robert Quinn, Chris Long, Aaron Donald, and William Hayes. While Long has been injured, he was activated from injured reserved this week making it a possibility that he plays. While the Raiders offense played well against the Chiefs, they have struggled for much of the year. This is a good matchup for a defense that is starting to play very well.

James Jones
He came through big last week and scored 11 fantasy points. If you are desperate, I would consider Jones as a flex option. The Rams defense has given up the 5th most points to fantasy wide receivers. While they have a strong defensive line, there are holes in the secondary. Jones should see his fair share of targets as he has established himself as Carr's favorite receiver.

Raiders Defense
I never thought I would say this, but it would be wise to start the Raiders defense this week. The Rams are starting Shaun Hill at quarterback and have no offensive weapons. The Raiders defense has played very well these last few weeks, and Jason Tarver is actually calling decent formations. These two factors make for a very favorable matchup for the Raiders.

Sit

Derek Carr
The Rams defensive line will likely get a lot of pressure on the rookie quarterback. They are also very strong against the run which will not bode well for Carr. While he may have a good game, he is inconsistent in terms of fantasy production and there are better options out there.

Rams Running Backs
The Rams rotate between Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, and Zac Stacy. That limits the carries each running back gets which limits their production. If forced to play one, Mason is your best bet as he has seen the most carries.

Sleepers

Latavius Murray
If the Raiders would start the man, he would be a starter. Murray is far and away the Raiders best running back. But the Rams star-studded defensive line and the fact that he is recovering from a concussion he suffered last week keep Murray as a sleeper for the week.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good news for the Rams, the Raiders (who I don't hate and follow by proxy) are maybe the least disciplined team in the league....in a long time.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
PASSING YARDS

i
~VS~
i

Austin Davis, QB #09 - 2,001 Yards / 12-TDs 9-INTs / 63.4 CMP% / 85.1 QB Rating
Derek Carr, QB #04 2,249 Yards / 14-TDs 9-INTs / 59.1 CMP% / 76.7 QB Rating
Basic research failure. Oakland fan. 10 yards and loss of down. 2nd down!

Is this the only Raiders thread we've had all week? Another season over before December. There's always next year, or the year after, or some point in the distant future.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Is this the only Raiders thread we've had all week? Another season over before December. There's always next year, or the year after, or some point in the distant future.
If we can't be in the playoffs again we can at least play spoiler and help end Sea,SF,or Az season.Well not SF so much we already did them in once and don't play them again but Sea,Az is still in play.