What Raiders fans are saying after their epic ass-kicking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are quoted fans of another team eligible for the Best ROD Quotes thread?

Sure, why not?
-----------------
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-in-funeral-for-oakland-raiders-st-louis-rams

Failed free agent signee Rodger Saffold delights in "funeral for Raiders"
By Levi Damien on Nov 30 2014

usa-today-8151623.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

The first major free agent signing the Raiders made this off-season was Rodger Saffold. The contracted was a big payday for Saffold, to the tune of 5-year, $42.5 million with a healthy $21 million guaranteed. But the contract fell through when he failed a physical with the team due to an apparent shoulder injury found by team doctors and the deal was voided.

Then the Rams stepped up to offer him a contract that was about ten million less ($31.7 million) overall but had more guaranteed money ($19.5 million). Reportedly, it was Mark Davis who stepped in and said no to the deal for fear of the injury requiring surgery, putting the signing as a big risk.

Saffold was devastated by the deal falling through initially but was happy to return to his old team on a long term deal. Since then, he has apparently held quite a grudge against the team that spurned him and was looking forward to their meeting.

The offensive guard was dressed for the occasion too. He came dressed in all black for what he called a "funeral" for the Raiders. He got his wish with the Rams putting it to the Raiders 52-0. It was immensely satisfying for vengeful Saffold.

Howard Balzer @HBalzer721

Rams G Rodger Saffold, dressed in all black (suit, shirt, tie), said he was "going to a funeral for Raiders. R.I.P. I wish we scored 76."

While Saffold has every right to be upset, maybe cosplay was taking it to a bit of an obsessive level. He was, after all, still guaranteed just $1.5 million less than he would have gotten with the Raiders.

Oh, and that shoulder that was a concern for Raiders team doctors and Mark Davis -- who wasn't feeling in the mood to hand out $42.5 million in checks for a risky investment -- has caused Saffold problems this season. It hasn't required surgery (yet) and he hasn't missed a game this season because of it.

He has been, however, a below average guard. He hasn't really lived up to the contract he received, and is absolutely not worth the money the Raiders were prepared to pay him. He never should have been made the Raiders big priority free agent in the first place. Davis stepped in and kept Reggie McKenzie from at least one of his many bad investments last off-season that have led to this 1-11 embarrassment of a football team.

For Saffold's part, even nearly $20 million in guaranteed money and a long term contract isn't enough for him. Instead of just being thankful he still got paid and plays for a far better team, he must show just how bitter and petty he is.
---------
had roger signed with us..
He would’ve been gone in the first snap of the first game because of an "undisclosed injury"
---------
Fuck this bum. We got Khalifa Barnes for like $5500 dollars who is having a better year then this cat.
Against the Chiefs he fell clutching his shoulder, it’s just a matter of time before it falls apart for him.
---------
'I wish we scored 76', while sitting on a bench with a hurt shoulder.
This is what happens when classless losers get a big win. They’ve never been here before so they don’t know how to act.
-------
Here is to hoping Saffold can retire with a bum shoulder during 2015 the off season and enjoy that money "well spent" by the Rams.
--------
Yep, while I would never wish an injury on anyone, I won't be sad if it happens.
And after he retires, nobody will know who he is, just like now. The only reason anyone has heard of this chump is because we ‘unsigned’ him. I think he should be thanking us for giving him one game this year where any reporter gives a shit about what he thinks. Enjoy obscurity loser.
-------
Saffold is classless prick, who wants to get his moment, let him have it, just be glad he never put on the silver and black.
-------
whining
is for niners fans
-------
Just solidifying that this guy was NEVER Raiders material
Dodged a bullet
-------
what exactly is "Raiders material"
because if its what we saw today then its probably a compliment to Saffold to say he isn’t "raiders material"
--------
SjoI0cO.gif

--------
Who cares.
Rams fans don’t even know who the fuck this guy is.
-------
actually they do
i checked out their game thread when he went down against us and the fans said insert glass joke here
---------
on Saffold’s side. it shows hes got a huge ego and very ignorant. i am glad the silver and black never signed him. my question is why did reggie went ahead and try to give him a huge contract? lol people like Saffold are the reason why good teams eventually crumble. just look at the 9ers now!
--------
No big deal
He was upset he almost lost a pay day. By years end, both our teams will be watching the playoffs on tv. If that is his prerogative, so be it. The fact is he is still an injury risk. He left the game for trouble in his shoulder. We made the right call not signing him. Bad call going after him in the first place, but we fixed it in the end.
---------
He has been, however, a below average guard. He hasn't really lived up to the contract he received, and is absolutely not worth the money the Raiders were prepared to pay him. He never should have been made the Raiders big priority free agent in the first. It needs to be said
---------
Hes bitter….and a big baby. What is more disgusting was the play of the Raiders in that game. I find their lack of effort in planning, executing, and play much more offensive and unprofessional than a piece of garbage that does not know better.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The most confusing thing for them and us is how they smoked KC the week before.

Athos

Legend
biggest reason we lost every game is part of his fault, he is the checkdown master. Mariota has to be the #1 pick. How in the freak its 3rd and 16 and u throw to Jones for 3 yards. Mini A-rod? freak no, not even close, big arm and doesn’t even throw downfield, what a waste. Cooper will not help Carr, why he doesn’t take chances smh

hahahahahahahahahahah.

This right here is an idiot. Raiders don't possess a WR with the ability to stretch the field. If his wanker doesn't like Carr, I'll gladly take him.

They can take Givens. We get Carr.