What QB Does Davis Remind You of?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hope AD does turn out to be like Brett Favre. He never missed a game until late in his career and he was a winner. Both Favre and Davis are 6'2" and weigh around 220 lbs.

TexasRam

Legend
AD has a real quick setup and gets the ball in position to throw real quick - very Bree's like. He also makes quick decisive decisions and similar throwing motion to Bree's.

AD slides around in the pocket quick and effectively like Bree's.

Ad throws with the velocity and accuracy of a Montana. Not alot of
Velocity but a perfectly easy catchable ball. I find AD extremely acurrate.

His scrambling reminds me of hasselback or Garcia.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
It's easy to compare him to Brett cuz of the So Miss careers. One thing that they share in common in their NFL games is that they can look fantastic for 5 drives, then throw a dumbass pass for a pick six.

I think he is most like Romo because he finds a way to get out of a busy pocket without scrambling and can throw well on the run (I guess Favre did that well too haha)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I like qb's that come from small schools. They have to get it done with roughly equivalent talent as the opposition. It's more like the NFL...You have to earn it. Guys from big schools have super talent around them so it's easier to look good.

I like that he is a walk on 6th stringer who ended up setting records starting as a redshirt freshman and on. He fights. I like guys like him. He is the kind of guy people keep saying he cant do a thing until he does.

Let's Go Davis!!!!

Last edited:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Davis does not have a weak arm. The dude can toss it 60 yards in the air. Remember the throw to Quick vs Tampa Bay? Just because he doesn't rifle it every throw doesn't mean he can't. In fact, I'm glad he doesn't. For once our recievers are catching passes. Maybe his "weak arm" is the reason.
Throwing rainbow deep throws in the NFL does not make for a strong arm. It's the deep out that needs to be put on a laser that makes a strong arm.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Throwing rainbow deep throws in the NFL does not make for a strong arm. It's the deep out that needs to be put on a laser that makes a strong arm.

There were at least 2 instances in the dallas game where he proved he has a strong arm. there was a play when he had to throw a pinpoint laser to britt for 15 yards and a first down. Also, the Pettis TD was a beam.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were at least 2 instances in the dallas game where he proved he has a strong arm. there was a play when he had to throw a pinpoint laser to britt for 15 yards and a first down. Also, the Pettis TD was a beam.

Disagree. Especially on the Pettis TD.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me the only things I find Austin similar to Brett is the college they attended and their attitude. Physically or style? Not so much.

Physically he reminds me of Joe Montana.

Joe Montana is probably the best comparison. Similar size and body type. Similar mobility and athleticism. Similar arm strength, enough to make all the throws and can surprise with pop and accuracy on the deep ball. Similar boldness in making throws in a way to let the WR win. Lastly, similar in that he throws a catchable ball.

Not saying he's gonna be that good of course. Just that if you had to find a comparison type for him I agree JM is pretty close.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jeff Garcia all the way...Size, arm strength and demeanor and Davis will be a good bridge QB until the Rams draft and get Connor Cook up to speed and then we'll be posting...Who does Connor Coor remind you of???? So I will start Roman Gabriel!
2-roman-gabriel-qb_pg_600.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jeff Garcia all the way...Size, arm strength and demeanor and Davis will be a good bridge QB until the Rams draft and get Connor Cook up to speed and then we'll be posting...Who does Connor Coor remind you of???? So I will start Roman Gabriel!
2-roman-gabriel-qb_pg_600.jpg
So your saying this Conner Cook, who I don't know anything about, is the next Roman Gabriel!? That's some pretty Big shoe's to fill!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So your saying this Conner Cook, who I don't know anything about, is the next Roman Gabriel!? That's some pretty Big shoe's to fill!

Same number be nice to have a Ram QB donning number 18 again!
connor-cook1.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just don't get the Favre comparisons because Favre had a Cannon and was a bigger risk taker, IMO. Davis is a bit more conservative, and rightfully so.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If he's Jeff Garcia, why make him a bridge QB? Garcia was a good QB in SF.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If he's Jeff Garcia, why make him a bridge QB? Garcia was a good QB in SF.

True, but IMO Garcia could not take you to the next level where as the kid that hales from Hinckley, Ohio can, but that's JMHO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but IMO Garcia could not take you to the next level where as the kid that hales from Hinckley, Ohio can, but that's JMHO.

Eh Garcia could have taken the right team to the next level when he was in his prime. But I hear ya. I'm just not as high on Cook.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've given it some deeper thought, and I've Changed my mind, ( women and Old people are allowed to do this!) I originally said Kenny 'The Snake' Stabler, which has it's merits, But NOW I think Davis is more Like Fran Tarkington, the way he scrambles around to buy time, and He's one hell of a passer!( So Far!)

209RamsFan

I dont know if he has the skills of Brett Favre,...def the Guts....so im going with no.4