What QB Does Davis Remind You of?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm stepping outside the GSOT box, here. We can dream...

I'm going with Breese. He doesn't have a cannon but is mobile, reads the field well, and is accurate.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A bigger Breese maybe,he's actually a little bigger than Kurt Warner and he's a better runner,not quite the arm but very close ,he's looked small to us because Sam and Hill are 6'4" or bigger.
How about a young Jake Delhomme

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A bigger Breese maybe,he's actually a little bigger than Kurt Warner and he's a better runner,not quite the arm but very close ,he's looked small to us because Sam and Hill are 6'4" or bigger.

Yeah, I like that. Who had a bigger arm? For some reason I thought Delhome did.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Brees, don't know if it has anything to do with the no. 9 but just the way he drops back and releases screams Drew Brees to me.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Pretty much this!

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, it's Brees for me too. Not sure exactly why.. just kind of reminds me of him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
image.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's funny, in terms of size Kellen Clemens and Austin Davis are identical. 6'2", 220 lbs. Yet, Davis doesn't remind me at all of Clemens. In a good way.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Was actually going to say Shaun Hill but thought I might get kicked off the forum for it. Brees isn't a bad comparison. Not saying he's anything like in his class but similar type of movement and arm etc.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I see a little Drew Brees in him. But to be honest he reminds me a lot of a young Marc Bulger when he took over for Kurt. Reads the field well makes big throws skinny kid. JMO.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
AD is a slightly bigger Jeff Garcia.

I just blew your mind!!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brett Favre had a rifle for an arm. One of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Davis isn't Favre.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think this is the best comparison so far. Their passing motions are different but in terms of overall feel, I think you might have nailed it. Romo isn't a bad comparison either.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He reminds me of Austin Davis.

But seriously, Romo because he does a lot of freelancing, seems to have great escapability in the pocket, and seems to be a bit of a gambler. That will both help and hurt him, as it has Romo.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Brett Favre had a rifle for an arm. One of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Davis isn't Favre.
Yeah he threw the ball SO hard it took a guy paid to catch the ball and then it wasn't easy, but for that he'd have had twice as many ints.
Jeff George had the strongest arm I think i ever saw ,although they say Gabriel literally knocked people down in practice but I was young enough then I didn't know what I was seeing