What position has seen improvement since last year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Not to say the TEAM can't improve in the next 12 weeks, but its rather troubling that I can't think of a single position that is vastly improved from last year, in most cases the returners & replacements have been worse.

-We haven't seen the deep ball
-We seem to miss SJ in pass pro & short yardage
-Blocking seemed to be better in 2012, both on the oline and w/WRs & TEs (Not that I'm a Gibby fan, but he and Kendricks are above average blockers. Gibby is gone & Lance is on the field less because of Cook).
-Again, Danny & Gibby were luxuries this team couldn't afford: one because of injury, the other because we can't pay him #2 type money. BUT dare I say our WRs seemed to be able to get open a little bit more last year? Could be scheme, could be personel (youth).
-Has Finnegan fallen off THIS much in one year? I find that hard to believe.
-I'd say we're about the same at safety with McDonald out as we were last year with Mikell & Dahl. Mikell was overpaid, but I was a fan over a resign after his cut. Imo people undervalued his worth to our D in run support.

I want this team to improve, but I'm not ready to blame coaches/scheme or players after 4 games. Right now I'd say its a combination of both being weak, causing us to be 1-3.

What say you?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The thing that bums me out is the fact that we were told that our second year players will show the most improvement from their first year to this year.

I'm not seeing THAT as of yet. :bummed:

nighttrain

Legend
Selassie I said:
The thing that bums me out is the fact that we were told that our second year players will show the most improvement from their first year to this year.

2nd that, with one caveat, Quick and Pead, especially Pead, not on the field. Add that play calling looks way off balance.
train

V3

Hall of Fame
rams24/7 said:
Not to say the TEAM can't improve in the next 12 weeks, but its rather troubling that I can't think of a single position that is vastly improved from last year, in most cases the returners & replacements have been worse.

-We haven't seen the deep ball
-We seem to miss SJ in pass pro & short yardage
-Blocking seemed to be better in 2012, both on the oline and w/WRs & TEs (Not that I'm a Gibby fan, but he and Kendricks are above average blockers. Gibby is gone & Lance is on the field less because of Cook).
-Again, Danny & Gibby were luxuries this team couldn't afford: one because of injury, the other because we can't pay him #2 type money. BUT dare I say our WRs seemed to be able to get open a little bit more last year? Could be scheme, could be personel (youth).
-I'd say we're about the same at safety with McDonald out as we were last year with Mikell & Dahl. Mikell was overpaid, but I was a fan over a resign after his cut. Imo people undervalued his worth to our D in run support.

I want this team to improve, but I'm not ready to blame coaches/scheme or players after 4 games. Right now I'd say its a combination of both being weak, causing us to be 1-3.

What say you?

Believe it. He started declining after about 4 or 5 games last season. His decline has been going on for a while. I think Bernie had some stats last year from PFF that showed how much he dropped off after the first 4 or 5 games- and this was from last season.

His performance this year is just a continuation of what was going on last year. That's why I was pretty shocked that the Rams didn't do more about the CB situation in the offseason, although, considering how much they overpaid Finnegan, I'm not sure they have much choice. They almost had to use him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:

The real question is whether we still have an issue with talent evaluation or if the the coaching is just that bad?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
QB- Same
RB- Big decline
WR- Decline
TE- Improved
OL- Improved (or at least on paper)
DL- Same
LB- Improved (Since Dunbar is back)
S- Decline (accounting for losing TJ)
CB- Decline
K/P- Improved
Coaching- Decline

I call it how I see it

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Special teams, that's it.

If I have one regret, it's not speaking out more during the preseason when it was fairly obvious (to me) they weren't executing. But instead, I folded at the pressure exerted on this board from those I respect and by all the assurances from the Rams staff that they were playing vanilla to hide the true skills and playing ability of its latest and greatest.

Like X, I'm trying my best not to moan and groan about this team, at least not much beyond the so called 24 hour period. but I'd be less than honest, if I didn't express my profound disappointment and personal embarrassment by the pathetic lack of execution and performance by this team.

I'm sick of the excuses year after year for some players. I watch rookies come onto teams and make a difference, many of them immediately. I see teams that on paper are far less talented than the Rams and yet each and every week they make the Rams look like complete dopes.....even Cleveland looks better.

I will continue supporting this team (deep inside), but currently, any thoughts about this teams performance and future are on hold. I'll watch the games on Sunday, but I won't hurry home early enough to make the opening kick-off if I have something else to do.

The whole thing makes me numb, angry, disappointed, embarrassed, frustrated and sad. Yeah, Fisher will tighten things down, he'll go back to the basics, which is sorely needed. But I'd bet the farm that we don't see much improvement points wise. They'll put up their obligatory 1 or 2 TD's per game. The QB will stand back there and chuck it now and then, but I just don't see the leadership, will and pride by this team.

Honest to goodness, when they played their first series Thursday, I could see the lack of energy from the start that we usually see when they're "on". I've stated this before and I'll suggest it one last time. I'd much prefer to see Fisher and company PLAY ALL OF THEM in such a way as to evaluate each and every one on the roster against real competition and "clean house" at the end of the season.

jap

Legend
V3 said:
rams24/7 said:

Believe it. He started declining after about 4 or 5 games last season. His decline has been going on for a while. I think Bernie had some stats last year from PFF that showed how much he dropped off after the first 4 or 5 games- and this was from last season.

His performance this year is just a continuation of what was going on last year. That's why I was pretty shocked that the Rams didn't do more about the CB situation in the offseason, although, considering how much they overpaid Finnegan, I'm not sure they have much choice. They almost had to use him.

During the tail end of last season and in the off season, I discussed the possibility of moving Finn to FS and letting the younger CB's, Jenks and Tru, face up against the opposing WR's. I suppose the Rams felt they had too much invested in Finn to move him to a lesser paying position. Even if Finn is slowing down now at CB, he still has elite speed for a FS along with coverage skills. We have a number of young CB's who can use the experience, and Finn can still be the leader of the secondary.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like a couple of the additions made to the cheerleading squad beyond that not so much.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Significant improvement in the ankle grabbing position. The pillow biting position is a close second.

Lol. Sorry, couldn't help it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like the format Ramrasta used. Here is my take:

QB- Improved
RB- Decline
WR- Same
TE- Improved
OL- Same
DL- Same