What Poison will Mcvay serve up to Washington?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan47

Rookie
A healthy dose of Gurley and Tavon? Get that run game on track.

A double dose of Kupp and Watkins? With a TE chaser? That Everett kid I hear packs a punch!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While we serving stuff up ...I think we need to add a side of humility ... like coach said in his post game interview ... "enjoy it but it's just one game "

The potential is off the scale with this team but we ain't no offensive juggernaut yet

RamsFan47

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While we serving stuff up ...I think we need to add a side of humility ... like coach said in his post game interview ... "enjoy it but it's just one game "

The potential is off the scale with this team but we ain't no offensive juggernaut yet
I hear what you're saying. Don't forget that healthy dose of humility.

I'm sure McVay's old boss will appreciate it.

Seemed like Pagano sure did

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just staying level headed .. 24 hour rule for me I'm afraid ... ain't no hoping we put up the same score on Washington more than me ...but I'm also staying humble ...look I've been here a long time ... and right now everyone loves mcvay and co ... but we don't win the next game people will be calling for goffs head and mcvay to be sacked ....I mean look at the early posts in the game day thread

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
No other team is gonna trot out a roster of no-names that resembled a preseason game like the Colts again, so have to try to judge what we saw taking the lack of opposition into account. The exciting thing is that after the early scare of wuss coast offense display reminiscent of last season, the Rams passing scheme became diverse and vertical enough to inspire confidence it will try to attack any secondary, no matter what the talent level. If the OL (including TEs!) gets the run blocking up to the level of the pass blocking, then the Rams can even add more flavors of poison like a punishing run game!

~lyser

Rookie
Yeah, looking for consistency next week, something the Rams lacked under Fisher.

I think they can beat Washington on the strength of the defense alone, but the offense has to not turn it over and give the D a rest by putting together some decent drives.

Washington does appear to be much better than Indy in both talent and coaching. Should be a close game.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp, Watkins and Gurley to get TD's

Donald, Brockers & Quinn to wreck havoc!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No other team is gonna trot out a roster of no-names that resembled a preseason game like the Colts again, so have to try to judge what we saw taking the lack of opposition into account. The exciting thing is that after the early scare of wuss coast offense display reminiscent of last season, the Rams passing scheme became diverse and vertical enough to inspire confidence it will try to attack any secondary, no matter what the talent level. If the OL (including TEs!) gets the run blocking up to the level of the pass blocking, then the Rams can even add more flavors of poison like a punishing run game!

The bit I bolded is what I'm getting at ....and while you need to demolish teams like that ..which we did and I loved every freaking second of it ... we need to do it consistently.. especially if we want teams and the media to take notice

RamsFan47

Rookie
The lack of push in the run game has got to be a pretty big theme this week in practice.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One interesting point just occurred to me ..these will be two coaching staffs who know each other pretty well ... I mean you gotta figure Washington knows mcvay s offense inside out ... and mcvay will know parts of theirs I'm guessing and what thier D does and ..both teams will know tendencies of the other coaching staffs it's not like there is t a lot of film out there of wades D .... .... this could be a coaching chess match of epic proportions ..

RamsFan47

Rookie
Kupp, Watkins and Gurley to get TD's

Donald, Brockers & Quinn to wreck havoc!
Almost forgot about that Donald guy... Mcvay most likely will let Son of Bum take the reigns with him

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Running game. Whitworth basically said it all...we need to improve one key area....the running game...the blocking just is a bit off...not sure...seemed like both sides had issues.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
We played well in week 1. I'm just looking for consistency now. Come out strong and play some good defense. If we get some run blocking it'll be a beautiful thing.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I hear what your saying about staying level headed .... the offense only scored 30pts....... potential for so much more...oline, running game.... 9 incomplete passes, etc.... here come the skins.... let's show even more improvement. ... keep working hard boys, I'm betting Donald plays and plays well, play count maybe...

Go Rams....... ;)

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Almost forgot about that Donald guy... Mcvay most likely will let Son of Bum take the reigns with him
It's gonna be beautiful! The boys are gonna be in his face all day!
If our offense can get a lead, it will be brutal.

I-dont-like-this-e1448293792376.jpg

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One interesting point just occurred to me ..these will be two coaching staffs who know each other pretty well ... I mean you gotta figure Washington knows mcvay s offense inside out ... and mcvay will know parts of theirs I'm guessing and what thier D does and ..both teams will know tendencies of the other coaching staffs it's not like there is t a lot of film out there of wades D .... .... this could be a coaching chess match of epic proportions ..
This will make it more even than not I think. I'm hoping that mcvay with entirely new personnel is the difference vs gruden who should be using similar guys / plays as last year

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams must get the running game going and ocassionally the pass-blocking as well. The Skin's defense aren't that bad and their offense can turn up another notch. Rams gotta play with a chip on their shoulders and gotta go all out with putting the scoring pedal to the medal.
Rams just got one game out of the way. There's 15 more to go and every team the Rams play has got to be like for the playoffs. Actually, the playoffs started yesterday.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They didnt seem to tackle well from what I saw yesterday, maybe we'll see some shallow routes for some YAC. Everett maybe?