What player has changed your mind this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
for better or worse, who is the one player that has changed your mind about them this season?

For me it's GZ. I was ready to make him walk home from a game last year. This year? I feel that he has taken strides. I will be pleased if we retain him long term.

Another player was one we let go. I was all for letting him walk and keeping Johnson, but boy and I kicking myself in the ass. Jenkins is the real fucking deal.

FRO

Legend
Kenny Britt. Thought he was just a guy. He put up big numbers with a horrible scheme and below average QB play. Give him props.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Quick made me change my mind multiple times. I didn't want him back. Then he played well for a time, so I did want him back. Now, I want him gone as soon as possible.

I don't want to say my mind has changed about Jamon Brown, Greg Robinson, Cody Wichmann, and Rob Havenstein because I feel like a terrible scheme and bad coaching is to blame for the OL looking like a total disaster this year. But all of those guys are on thin ice with me. Havenstein has the longest leash of them all. But it's not very long.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, pretty damming that Havenstein left a great OL factory like Wisconsin, played very well for a rookie at RT, but now after another full year with this staff, he regressed.

And yes Quick is the guy I finally gave up on.

I will also say I wonder if Gaines will always be a guy fighting injuries or getting nicked....same with TruJo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
E.J. Gaines thought he was a better cover corner, been exposed this year and the constant injuries have not helped as well.

Has not been a good year overall so tough to focus on anything good, but Mark Barron has lived up to his contract so I've been pleased with his play week in and week out with honorable mention to Rodger Saffold for his durability only as I will give no credit whatsoever to any Offensive Linemen on this team for their blocking.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree 10000% it's Ogletree! I had no faith he could play MLB!! He has proven me wrong! Big Time!!
My Biggest disappointment is Todd Gurley! even with the O-Line problems, he should have done better!! I'm putting him on my "Prove-yourself-to-me List!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to say it, but Tavon Austin really flipped for me.
I thought he was sure to break out this year, but instead he seemed to regress.
I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water here as a new offensive regime will hopefully bring out the best in him, but for now I'm pretty disgusted with being a huge supporter of him
Honorable mention- Todd Gurley

Ellard80

Legend
Brit perhaps... but in all honesty the nearly every player on the team could be replaced (of course that's nearly impossible) and I could understand it.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Quinn.

The pass rush just disappeared late in the games he played in.

Last time I checked Rams were in the bottom 10 in sacks.

Only getting the Oline squared away is a higher priority than bolstering the pass rush.

…..

Legend
I hate to say it, but Tavon Austin really flipped for me.
I thought he was sure to break out this year, but instead he seemed to regress.
I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water here as a new offensive regime will hopefully bring out the best in him, but for now I'm pretty disgusted with being a huge supporter of him
Honorable mention- Todd Gurley

I've never been a Tavon Austin fan. Its not him. Its the idea of him, or that type of player, on my favorite team. He is not the prototypical WR and really needs the table set for him to break a big gainer. Its tempting to blame the offense, but then I look at his punt returns when there's no offense to blame and I really question his effectiveness. Poor decisions too often on punt returns, and he does not have soft hands to help a quarterback out on offense.

We really effed up with his contract.

It would be nice if a new system came in here and somehow got Tavon to be the player so many people think he is. I've said all along that making him a focal point was the death of this teams chances. I hope someone comes along and realizes how to get him to a real factor because he can be electrifying in small doses.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Quinn.

The pass rush just disappeared late in the games he played in.

Last time I checked Rams were in the bottom 10 in sacks.

Only getting the Oline squared away is a higher priority than bolstering the pass rush.

Yup. He hasn't been the same. And he runs himself upfield to the point where teams just run at him. But, the worst of his contract is over; he's only due to count $10 mil against the cap this coming year.

I'm not sure if this counts, but for me, Janoris. I thought for sure we made the right choice in keeping Tru over him. But he's played as one of the best corners in the league this year after getting paid. He seemed to be an enigma with us, but maybe that was scheme more than anything? Who knows. But I really wish now that we would've kept him.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
For me, it's probably Ethan Westbrooks. I kind of felt like he was a mostly overrated workout warrior. He's shown this year that he belongs in games, and has the motor to sift through lines and ability to locate backs of both the quarter and running varieties.

…..

Legend
I don't want to say my mind has changed about Jamon Brown, Greg Robinson, Cody Wichmann, and Rob Havenstein because I feel like a terrible scheme and bad coaching is to blame for the OL looking like a total disaster this year. But all of those guys are on thin ice with me. Havenstein has the longest leash of them all. But it's not very long.
This is a good group to point out. I agree with with this assesment. We were sold this young group of young linemen as run blocking maulers. It wouldnt be so bad if I didnt but into it so heavily. Hoping we see a new coach bring a new regimine and get the best out of these cats.

Cant evwn make an educated judgment on Gurley until this gets worked out.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Excellent point OP regarding Zuerlein. I was about done with him but he's been solid this year. I'd have loved to see them give him a few more long shots actually, but I think part of why he's improved is that they didn't ruin his confidence by letting him see them miss from 55+ which may have happened too much last year. He is only human - but we all know he could make a 70+ yarder on a good day.

Other than that, I've really been disappointed in a lot of guys. Gurley has been very dissapointing. I was impressed with G Rob actually - thought he took a stride forwards but got picked on by the Refs and did make a few stupid plays. Havenstein sucked for some reason. Maybe playing hurt. Britt also impressed me but I'm not buying his stock off of it in a contract year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quinn on D, he's lost that first step. Havenstien on O, he's slow off the snap and is stiff. They have game film on him this season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
GRob.

I used to believe he would become a solid contributor somewhere on the O-Line. I no longer believe that.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
William Hayes, Eugene Sims and the entire O line were very bad IMO. It's hard for me to nail it down really, I'm disappointed in pretty much everyone on the team outside of Hekker and Donald.