What Philly RADIO is saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
Just a few tidbits I've picked up over the past couple of days of listening to Philly sports radio:

The station has this thing called "Fear Factor"(or something like that). Basically the fans vote on how fearful they are on the upcoming game - 0 = not fearful; 10 most fearful. Results so far (roughly):
0-2 = ~27%
3-5 = ~45% (the hosts fall in this category)
6-8 = ~20%
9-10 = ~8%

Wow, they seem pretty confident. The fans seem to have been licking their wounds over the Seattle game until today.
It was mentioned that due to the fires out in southern Cal, the Rams might be distracted.

Overall, they seem like a confident bunch.

I think some of you live near Philly as well. Whatcha got?

KDS73

Rookie
Just a few tidbits I've picked up over the past couple of days of listening to Philly sports radio:

There was some talk of Philly radio chatter in the What Eagles Fans Are Saying Before the Game thread. You might want to check there...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My general impression from the Philly folks is that on offense, Gurley is a concern, Goff is not.
On defense, they fear Donald but think they can run the ball.
Overall IMO the only fear they have is that its a road game

Ants

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My general impression from the Philly folks is that on offense, Gurley is a concern, Goff is not.
On defense, they fear Donald but think they can run the ball.

Yep, I get that vibe. I don't think they really care about it being a road game, though. I haven't heard anything about it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yep, I get that vibe. I don't think they really care about it being a road game, though. I haven't heard anything about it.
Well. All of there losses, Both in pre-Season and Regular Season have come on-the-road. ;)

Ram65

Legend

The station has this thing called "Fear Factor"(or something like that). Basically the fans vote on how fearful they are on the upcoming game - 0 = not fearful; 10 most fearful. Results so far (roughly):
0-2 = ~27%
6-8 = ~20%
9-10 = ~8%

Wow, they seem pretty confident. The fans seem to have been licking their wounds over the Seattle game until today.
It was mentioned that due to the fires out in southern Cal, the Rams might be distracted.

Thanks for posting. Can you keep it updated?

I listen in the car which is 4-5 hours a day. I do have to change stations a lot for both ads and annoying host (both morning show hosts....always Mike and Trey on ESPN radio)

I heard a guy say 0-3 but maybe it was 0-2. IIRC he was in LA and said he expects lots of Eagle fans at the game by looking at all the people wearing Eagle's gear. The poll is were I thought it would be when I listen to the callers. The Eagles made lot's of mistakes against the Hags so they think they won't against the Rams. If they lose then watch the fall out. It's more entertaining when they lose. Today they did seem more up beat. I did hear a guy say the Rams are not a playoff team and the Eagles should win easily.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
We were one play away from beating Seattle at home. Philly not sure much...I know they played in Seattle, but the way I see it, I think this is, at the very least, a very winnable game between two NFC powerhouses (and frankly I think the jury is still out on Philly, I think we have way more upside). Knowing what I know now, I'd love to see what Philly could do at home against New Orleans. I have a feeling they wouldn't necessarily get the victory, and if they did, it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

KDS73

Rookie
We were one play away from beating Seattle at home. Philly not sure much...I know they played in Seattle, but the way I see it, I think this is, at the very least, a very winnable game between two NFC powerhouses (and frankly I think the jury is still out on Philly, I think we have way more upside). Knowing what I know now, I'd love to see what Philly could do at home against New Orleans. I have a feeling they wouldn't necessarily get the victory, and if they did, it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

The jury is still out on every team except for the Patriots and the Vikings. Those two are clearly playing at a higher lever than the rest of the league. Beyond those two, there is no great disparity between good and mediocre teams. The Eagles have twice beaten a Redskins team that beat both us and Seattle on our home fields, and would have beat the Saints on their home field as well if not for a bad grounding call. Anything else people want to say about the Eagles is irrelevant for me. They're good enough to beat anyone when they're playing well.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The jury is still out on every team except for the Patriots and the Vikings. Those two are clearly playing at a higher lever than the rest of the league. Beyond those two, there is no great disparity between good and mediocre teams. The Eagles have twice beaten a Redskins team that beat both us and Seattle on our home fields, and would have beat the Saints on their home field as well if not for a bad grounding call. Anything else people want to say about the Eagles is irrelevant for me. They're good enough to beat anyone when they're playing well.
Division games are tricky. They don’t really mean much in terms of overall talent. We’ve beat Seattle multiple times the last few years, yet they won a Super Bowl and been to the playoffs every year while we sit at home in January.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

0-2 = ~27%
6-8 = ~20%
9-10 = ~8%

This game could certainly go either way. But that aside, yeah the Philly fans are a bit arrogant. I doubt they thought the Seahawks were going to be much of a problem, but they found out the hard way they aren't bulletproof. Now they're going to play in LA and from those numbers they're extremely confident and almost dismissive of the Rams. Big surprise there eh?

Hope they learn another lesson in humility this Sunday, I'll just leave it at that.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
What you think, what I think, what their entire fan base or our fan base thinks as a group matters zero with regard to the outcome of the game...It's just fun to have these discussions..That's why I never let my emotions in that regard get me all excited...The respect, no respect thing is what I really don't understand I guess...If course like everything else here, what I think about stuff doesn't mean squat...After reading what I just wrote, I have no fucking idea what, if anything my point was...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The Eagles have twice beaten a Redskins team that beat both us and Seattle... They're good enough to beat anyone when they're playing well.
Correct, but we're playing at a much higher level in all facets of the game than in week two. I think if you ask ROD At Least 90% of members will say we beat the Redskins home or away at this point.

The Rams have the advantage on D and special teams. Philly has a better O.