What Percentage of Carries Will Tre Mason Get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Hard to say but it'll be like 20-80 and then it'll increase as the season goes on. I'm guessing he'll have a breakout game mid season and he'll be a work horse

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He's not faster than Stacy. He certainly made the most of his opportunities but keep in mind he saw a lot of action in garbage time.

For my money, Tre Mason is going to be the best RB on the team when it's all said and done. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 50/50 split to start the season with Mason seeing most of the carries by Week 9. Hopefully he learns to block.

I really like all three though. It's a nice stable.
I agree with that. If Cunningham is actually technically faster than Stacy, maybe it's more of a top end thing?

Stacy is patient, sees the field well, and then explodes into the holes hard. I do think Cunningham is similar, but more fluid. He looks slower, but he's more fluid and may actually be better at eluding the tackles.

Mason is actually very exciting to me, he's a slasher, but he's also patient with blocking. He waits for the holes and bursts through them. He can definitely avoid a tackle, and he really sees the field well and changes his speed. I think he can also really challenge defensive backs with his speed.

I know that people really like what they saw from Stacy last year and expect him to get most of the carries, but by mixing it up more they might really be able to keep defensive backs on their toes. All assuming the offensive line gets it done of course.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Benny's 40 was in the mid 4.6 range if I remember right. Stacy's was in the low 4.5s. Keep in mind though that Cunningham was at the tail end of his recovery from knee surgery when he ran that though so Cunningham is probably in that mid-to-high 4.5s range.

At the end of the day there's not a discernible difference between their speed but if anybody's faster, it's Stacy.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I know that people really like what they saw from Stacy last year and expect him to get most of the carries, but by mixing it up more they might really be able to keep defensive backs on their toes. All assuming the offensive line gets it done of course.

You're absolutely right. We win that Seahawk game if Stacy's not on the sideline when we're first and goal.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Benny's 40 was in the mid 4.6 range if I remember right. Stacy's was in the low 4.5s. Keep in mind though that Cunningham was at the tail end of his recovery from knee surgery when he ran that though so Cunningham is probably in that mid-to-high 4.5s range.

At the end of the day there's not a discernible difference between their speed but if anybody's faster, it's Stacy.

Well there is 40 speed, and then there is football speed. Cunningham just looks faster on the field, and he had a nice long run outside. I didn't see Stacy break more than a 30 yarder all season.

This is the sort of RB by committee that I like, 3 RBs who could all be the feature back, it will be hard to get them all playing time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I really dont care that Stacy doesnt bust out long plays(30+ yards). He constantly breaks off 5 yarders with 10-15 yarders thrown in. He moves the chains on a consistent basis. That is better than a 70 yard big play surrounded by a dozen 2 yarders to me that many runningbacks do during a game.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Well there is 40 speed, and then there is football speed. Cunningham just looks faster on the field, and he had a nice long run outside. I didn't see Stacy break more than a 30 yarder all season.

This is true but I don't see a noticeable difference in the two. Often times you see backup RBs post a higher YPC than the starters. It has more to do with the types of opportunities they're given than anything else.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
A lot has to do with the Offensive line and what RB style they seem to block better for.

Ram4life11

Rookie

Cunningham ran a 4.51 and a 4.55 at his pro day, on a 70% knee... Cunningham is easily much faster than Stacey, but Stacey is easily the all around better back...

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Pro day numbers are very subjective, especially for the small school prospects.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Cunningham ran a 4.51 and a 4.55 at his pro day, on a 70% knee... Cunningham is easily much faster than Stacey, but Stacey is easily the all around better back...

This.

While watching the 2013 Rams Offense Best Plays film, I didn't even have to look at their jerseys to determine who was who. Cunningham hit the hole quicker, but four times out of five, was tackled on first contact. Stacy has great east-west movement, reads the hole as well as any rookie back I've ever seen, tremendous balance, powerful (and I mean powerful) legs/upper body and will usually break at least one tackle on every run (some times as many as four or five).

Zac Stacy represents everything I love about football.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Pass blocking is the first thing Tre needs skill needs to polish. Mayock was clear on that. "The next time he blocks somebody will be the first time." That's a big strength for Stacy. He's really good at it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Zac Stacy, the starter this year, 65% of the carries if healthy, the rest will probably be split between Cunningham, and Mason, a few might even go to Pead (I'm a dreamer...)

Other things: Mason has chemistry with the big boy Robinson, so that could boost him a little, and I think he could become the eventual starter, but not this year, unless the "I" bug bites us. I like Benny Cunningham a lot, and he is now a full year removed from knee surgery, so I'd expect more pop, confidence, and burst from him.

Our stable is a pretty decent one, but all these guys need major pass pro work with the exception of Pead.