What Percentage of Carries Will Tre Mason Get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
What percentage of the carries will Tre Mason get this season? D’Marco Farr and Brad Thompson of 101ESPN discuss it. Farr says 25%. Thompson thinks that it will start with 20% for Mason and increase to 60% by seasons end.

Listen to Mason Discussion

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously depending on training camp/pre season, but I could see it being somewhere from 70-30 to 60-40

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't expect more than 30%,considering short yardage third downs that IMO Stacy gets the ball will cut down on Tre's chances. Besides I don't think the sum of his carries and Zac's is 100% BC will get some carries and fingers crossed so may Pead(please don't jump on this ,I just want the kid to work out because he'll make the team more complete).

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Im thinking 20%, as well. Benny should get around 10%, and Stacy carries the load.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I see Stacy getting 15-20 per game, Mason getting 10-15 per game, and Benny getting 0-5 per game.

Ultimately I think Stacy and Mason's touches will be similar because I think you'll see Tre catching 1-5 passes per game out of the backfield.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it depends heavily on Mason's performance in preseason. He will probably have increasingly more carries as time goes on and he adjusts to the NFL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think it all depends on the hot hand.

Love the depth and diversity we have in the backfield now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Health will determine the percentage.

I love having a full stable of backs because of this.

jap

Legend
I think Cunningham is the best RB on this team. I'm hoping he gets a chance.

I'm sure he will get his opportunities. It says a lot that the Rams took a chance on him with the type of injury he had. He also showed the Rams what he was made of when he pushed his rehabbing efforts ahead of schedule to get himself ready in time for training camp last season.

ED_29

What percentage of the carries will Tre Mason get this season? D’Marco Farr and Brad Thompson of 101ESPN discuss it. Farr says 25%. Thompson thinks that it will start with 20% for Mason and increase to 60% by seasons end.

Listen to Mason Discussion
Yeah early on not many.... unless there are injuries. I suspect his touches will be limited behind Stacy and BC. Although he appears to be a little more of a home run threat than either of them.... I just think with as cautious as the Rams are it will take him a minute

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Stacy is the horse. He played great last year, even with Clemmons behind center.

The whole offense ran better after he became the go to back. He looked eerily like Ray Rice to me last season.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see the game he had when Stacy got injured? He put up over 100 yards quite easily. That, and he is faster than Stacy as well. More big play potential.
Yeah I hear you man. I was just interested in why you thought so

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stacy is the horse. He played great last year, even with Clemmons behind center.

The whole offense ran better after he became the go to back. He looked eerily like Ray Rice to me last season.

That's my opinion too.

I don't know if it's the "shiny new toy syndrome" or what?... but why suddenly have we forgotten how good Stacy was last year? Why are we so eager to give his touches away?

Yes, I expect the team to keep Stacy fresh. Yes, I expect (once he's acclimated to the NFL game) Mason will be used, just like Cunningham, to mix things up.

But Stacy is our lead back and I have no problem with that!

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Stacy is a monster. I think even our own fans are underrating this guy. And while I think Cunningham is great and showed his skill, don't put too much stock into him against the Bears. Anybody can run on the Bears. They were one of the worst run defenses in history.

Also, I like Tre Mason a HUGE amount. Maybe as much as Stacy. So there will be some competition.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Did you see the game he had when Stacy got injured? He put up over 100 yards quite easily. That, and he is faster than Stacy as well. More big play potential.

He's not faster than Stacy. He certainly made the most of his opportunities but keep in mind he saw a lot of action in garbage time.

For my money, Tre Mason is going to be the best RB on the team when it's all said and done. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 50/50 split to start the season with Mason seeing most of the carries by Week 9. Hopefully he learns to block.

I really like all three though. It's a nice stable.