What Packers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Before this season the Packers had great difficulty dealing with the whiners and seagulls. I think the time has come where they will have great difficulty with the Rams. If the Rams bring their A game.

Gurley is the key and probably will be for the rest of his career. We all knew he would be for this offense to work and we all saw it in the 2nd half last week.

I will be bitterly disappointed if the Rams don't give the Packers the game of their life.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone here think that this will be the Rams game plan? I think Williams will go blitz happy in this game and really try to rattle Rodgers.
Well .... A QB can't see to pass if your constantly in his Face!:D

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I hope not. Rodgers will pick us apart. Btw I was just watching ESPN and Tedy Bruschi picked the Rams to beat the Packers. Mark Schlereth of course went with the Packers.

Not only did Bruschi pick the Rams as a possible upset he said he believes the Rams will go into Lambeau and win! Not sure if I should be scared that people are starting to speak about the Rams in such favorable terms instead of hushed tone and disappointing looks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Does anyone here think that this will be the Rams game plan? I think Williams will go blitz happy in this game and really try to rattle Rodgers.

I don't see blitz happy on the menu early myself. The GB tackles can be exploited. If Donald and brokers are getting push, I think they go more with the front 4 and see what they can do. If that doesn't work, send in the reserves.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see blitz happy on the menu early myself. The GB tackles can be exploited. If Donald and brokers are getting push, I think they go more with the front 4 and see what they can do. If that doesn't work, send in the reserves.

I think Bulaga is returning this week. So their tackles are improved.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
We'll be sending pressure. It's Greg Williams. We have Barron, Ayers, and Joyner that have all shown to be very competent coming on the blitz. Not too mention JL, Mcdonald, and Rodney

Seems like we have gotten away from it since the earlier games this season but I don't want to see Donald dropping into coverage to disguise blitzes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Fisher challenges Aaron Donald, Brockers to go have a monster game. I think they'll continue to try to disguise the edge blitzes but i don't foresee any more blitzing than usual either. They'll focus on not giving up the big play and wear down the Packers OLine as the game goes on.
Theoretically. :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click the link below to watch video.
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...AAAYYYY?_ga=1.107398465.2146778730.1444264851

The Rams think blasting the 'Macarena' in practice will help them beat the Packers
By Claire McNear@claire_mcnear

Often, teams preparing to play in loud stadiums -- say, for instance, Lambeau Field -- will pipe in crowd noise during practice to prepare players for calling a game in noisy conditions.

The St. Louis Rams, who will face the Packers on Sunday in Green Bay, are taking a different tact: in lieu of crowd noise, they're blasting the "Macarena".

ESPN reports:

"We're just kind of substituting crowd noise for a little bit of music and get them to focus a little bit," [head coach Jeff] Fisher said. "So it's been good, and rather than turn it off when the defense goes on the field, we just left it on. The defense can communicate through it too. So it worked for us last week.

"When the guys were walking out and the 'Macarena' was playing, none of them had heard it before. They weren't born."

Did you hear that? They weren't born. The Rams' players had not heard the "Macarena" before. I am old. You are old. We are old, and will be dead soon, and the Rams, newly minted "Macarena" fans all, will inherit the Earth.
---------
There is no way they hadn't heard the Macerena
it’s only 20 years old, but if I’m a Ram, I’m doing the Macerena if they manage a TD this week
---------
Is it just me
…or does this make little sense?

I would think that if you want to train your players to not jump offside, you want to train them to look only at the ball or somehow appreciate the nuance.

This merely trains them to not jump offside at an airhorn or a macarena, which I doubt Rodgers was going to do on Sunday.
-------
Knowing Rodgers...
If he catches wind of this report, I would not be surprised if he throws in a Macarena touchdown celebration just to troll the Rams a bit.
--------
It'll be an audible call...
"GREEN 18…. GREEN 18…. MACARENA!… MACARENA! "
---------
I know it's not a funny take, but if I were coaching football....
and I wanted to train my defensive players to not go offsides on a hard count, I’d allow my offensive linemen to flinch at each hard count. This would train the defensive line to watch the BALL.
-------
http://packers.timesfour.com/topic/last-call-for-ram-game-predictions

Last call for Ram game predictions

A tougher game than expected as the Jekyll and Hyde Rams bring the good team. Four sacks of Rodgers in the first half, Gurley gets yards, Rams up 7-3 at the half.

Clements and Rodgers finally switch up the game plan in the second half and the Pack wins 17-14 on a fourth quarter TD pass to James Jones.
--------
I agree the Rams bring their A game this week. Foles hits a late TD pass to put the Rams up by 1. Rodgers brings them back to set up a long Crosby FG to win it with 13 seconds left.
--------
I guarantee you the Pack will score more than 20 points.
-------
I expect they'll follow the Niners blueprint on D, use that line to cover for a suspect secondary. Rodgers will have to adjust his game to have success.
-------
I'm more concerned about the defense this week.

Even the Seahawks $hitty offense was 42% on 3rd down & 343 yards vs. the Rams.

I look for Richard Rodgers to have a nice game.

FYI....the Rams "A-game" was last week. I think the Packer defense will get 2-3 turnovers from Uncle Rico.

What happens when the Packers are +2 or +3 in turnover ratio?

Rams have no shot on Sunday. They might get blown out if Packers jump on them early.
-------
The key will be Matthews, Palmer, Thomas, Clinton-Dix, and Hyde. Would be beyond awesome if Burnett is able to play. Contain/limit Gurley and the Packers should cover.

Re-watched the SFO game last night and there were more than a few plays where the guy wearing 21 attacked the play and looked a lot like the guy who used to wear 21.
-------
May I have a blow out please?? I request one every week, don't think it's going to happen Sunday though. I'm thinking more like GBP 27 Rams 21
117109581avatar
177109581avatar

--------
Its tough for a Jordy-less, Bulaga-less, Adams-less offense to blow opponents out, especially ones with a good defense and solid running game. Rodgers needs more time to carve them up and the lack of deep threats combined with the challenges at OT make it a lot harder to do that. Just Win Baby
--------
I think the Pack wins this one if Rodgers stays healthy through the whole game.

I really think one of the reasons that Rodgers is so good at home is that Lambeau strikes me as a "slower" field for pass rushers. The fact that crowd noise is in the Packers' benefit and does not benefit the opposition makes Rodgers and the Pack better at home and a nightmare for opposing teams. Combine the fact that Lambeau isn't a fast track and I think Rodgers is able to get more comfortable back there and dissect just about any defense out there apart.

I expect the Rams to give the Packers a battle along the lines of what the Seahawks did, but in the end, the Pack will prevail over 4 quarters.
--------
Foles puts the Rams up early on a TD pass to Gurley on a screen play. ARod to Jones ties it up on the next series. Gurley gets contained due to Raji and Guion and our DL spending most of their time in the Rams' backfield. A RZ TD by RRodgers and a bomb to Jones, late, seals it for the Pack. A FG by Crosby before half. Rollins has an INT. Final score: Rams 10 GB 24.
-------
Rams have a talented defense that will be a good test. Keep in close for a while but eventually the talent and Lambeau field advantage take their toll.

Packers 27
Rams 17
--------
In StL they (ESPN The Fast Lane, HC Fischer, players, some fans) have a win already chocked up. I am tired of listening to it. I want a blowout. But I know that Gurley can change things for the Rams positively and GBs offensive players (Cobb, Jones, Lacy, Adams) are nursing injuries. Not good news. So as much as I want a blowout, this is probably a close game. Packers win 30-27.
-------
Packer O Line usually responds very well after one of their stinker games, and last week the O Line had pretty much a stinker game. So I expect them to come out and redeem themselves well with a great game against that fierce front 4 D of the Rams.

Our D Linemen are probably sick and tired of all the gushing over the Rams D Line all week and will play inspired to prove they are a group to be considered elite as well.

Pack should win, but wont be a blow out, most likely a score or 2 in the 4th qtr to seal the deal, say 24 to 17.
-------
34-13 GB.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I still think using crowd noise makes more sense then using music.
P

Agree...Unless the Packer fans break into the macarena instead of just making REAL loud noise...I guessing that won't happen...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think it really matters. Although, I wish they could simulate Rodgers' hard count. I feel like with the advancement of technology, it should be doable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't think it really matters. Although, I wish they could simulate Rodgers' hard count. I feel like with the advancement of technology, it should be doable.
Maybe not, but using music sounds like more of a good time than anything else.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not, but using music sounds like more of a good time than anything else.

As long as the noise keeps them from communicating...but yea, it does sound fun. Which I don't think necessarily is a negative as long as the guys are getting the same thing out of it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope not. Rodgers will pick us apart. Btw I was just watching ESPN and Tedy Bruschi picked the Rams to beat the Packers. Mark Schlereth of course went with the Packers.

I am not so sure he will. His top targets are injured. His line is not great. If we can get to him quick enough I think it will rattle him and maybe get him off his game a bit. If the Rams let up at all though he would settle back in. Popular belief is that the Niners figured out a way to hold them from scoring 30 by giving them the run and playing the pass. How can you go by what the Niners did? They don't have the Rams Dline. They did what they had to do with their personnel.

I think if Williams mixes up blitzes and keeps Rodgers guessing where it is coming from and if they can hit him a few times it will affect him. He doesn't take many hits and that is when he can pick people apart.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I am not so sure he will. His top targets are injured. His line is not great. If we can get to him quick enough I think it will rattle him and maybe get him off his game a bit. If the Rams let up at all though he would settle back in. Popular belief is that the Niners figured out a way to hold them from scoring 30 by giving them the run and playing the pass. How can you go by what the Niners did? They don't have the Rams Dline. They did what they had to do with their personnel.

I think if Williams mixes up blitzes and keeps Rodgers guessing where it is coming from and if they can hit him a few times it will affect him. He doesn't take many hits and that is when he can pick people apart.
They still have good WRs and pretty stout in the middle but I think their OTs are suspect. The thing that worries me the most about this game is Aaron Rodgers of course but not his throwing which we all know is fantastic but his running ability is very worrisome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They still have good WRs and pretty stout in the middle but I think their OTs are suspect. The thing that worries me the most about this game is Aaron Rodgers of course but not his throwing which we all know is fantastic but his running ability is very worrisome.

Personally, I think their WRs are a weaker spot. Cobb is dangerous out of the slot but he's banged up. Jones can't really separate. He can make some tough catches but if Janoris and Tru are on their game, they might be able to steal one. Their other WRs aren't going to inspire fear.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The last time we played them they carved us up with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. Jordy wont be there and Cobb may not see much time either.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

I don't really understand why these multi-million dollar football teams aren't putting blue tooth head phones on these guys and making it so they cannot communicate at all. Don't try to simulate what is happening in the real environment, try to make it even harder.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Personally, I think their WRs are a weaker spot. Cobb is dangerous out of the slot but he's banged up. Jones can't really separate. He can make some tough catches but if Janoris and Tru are on their game, they might be able to steal one. Their other WRs aren't going to inspire fear.

I certainly worry about Cobb. . .The guy is dynamic and he and Rodgers have a very good chemistry. Although I wonder how Cobb will feel if one of the Mc-brothers gets a blow on him. They don't hit nicely.

Rodgers is one of those Qb's that doesn't actually need great seperation. He is very comfortable just putting the ball where only his receiver can get it; if he catches it, it's a great play, if not they live another down. (Something I've liked from Foles)