What Packers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Moostache

Rookie
I think this tells me what the Rams need to do...

Stop their running attack.
It is amazing what a quality running game does for a QB's performances...when the D must always focus on stopping the run, the QB gets exponentially more open receivers and options.

If Gurley carries over from last week and starts strong, look for Foles and PA to be huge for the Rams...which is what Rodgers has enjoyed with Lacy!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/official-packers-vs-rams-thread.62699/page-3

Official Packers vs Rams thread

Seriously, I'm just trying to offer a deeper insight into the Rams. You are welcome to come crow in our house, Rams On Demand.

You know, I won't be surprised if we lose by more than a score. Down to the last fan we didn't mark this game a W. But, I also won't be surprised if we don't lose. Rams are better than their stats and W/L and for us, this is possibly the first time we get to see the whole offense.
--------
Thanks for the compliment. I may be a homer, but I try to temper it with reality and see it with my own eyes.

They don't call it the Lombardi Trophy for nothing. Do you think best coach ever? It's a solid argument.

I envy you and I hate the GB string of HOF QBs while we dumpster dove after Warner and Bulger.

I moved to STL in 1997 and dropped my old team, the Saints, and embraced the Rams when they were a joke. It paid off fast. Greatest Show on Turf, if that's the best the Rams ever play, it was a payoff I'll never forget. My WIFE was insisting we go to the victory parade.

Love me some football and have followed GB from afar since I became a fan. Right about now I wish Rams were publicly owned.

Sitton? Well, he's 29 and about to face what may be the best D line he's ever faced. I know, it's Sitton, but this line is for real. Their name is the Mob Squad, and they earned it.
--------
If you want an informed analysis of the Rams from the Packers' side, take a look at Bob McGinn's piece, "Packers next opponent: St. Louis Rams Scouting Report." He does this for every team the Packers play. McGinn is far and away the most respected sports writer for the Packers. You can find it under the All Other Team Discussions here or under jsonline.com/sports.
---------
It was an interesting read in places but far too dependent on stats and lacking in insight.

When people start talking about games and players long gone, I glaze over. They lost more in sunshine than cloudy days five seasons ago? You don't say?

I know for a fact that there's not a person on earth that knows what they will see Sunday from the Rams, and that includes me. This is a 4 season rebuilt team that had no QB just now coming online, barely. The talent they will bring is only denied by those who know nothing about it, and that's OK. Saying Foles is this or Tavon is that or... whatever... none of these writers have seen this complete team yet.

The Rams are sick with talented players. It doesn't mean they will click and beat an almost unbeatable team in their house, but I will bet my last dollar they are far better than the casual observer thinks they will be.

We all know about GB and Lacy and Cobb. Rodgers is a badass.

Few know Rams can stop Lacy and have stopped many a RB of his caliber. Cobb? Over the middle? He better be slick as an eel and clutch that ball like his only born child, because those safeties are unforgiving and will also take balls away if they get any chance. McDonald once tackled a player by grabbing his dick and dragging him down to the ground. I **** you not. He dick tackled a man. Seriously. Wear your jocks. :tup:

Cobb WILL get his catches. Will he keep them? Will he regret catching them? Will he get dick tackled?

Rodgers? We have one shot. Hit hit hit and hit again. But that is what we do well.

If GB blows us out or wins decisively... I get it... the world gets it... It's a damn good team. But I don't expect it if the Rams roll out their entire roster for the first time and they are who I believe they are. Mark my words, this is going to be a brawl. (I reserve the right to unmark my words at any time during or after the game, amen)
--------
Hello everyone! First time post but life long Packer fan of 27 years, or 20 years if you don't count the 7 years of being too young to truly understand why I was cheering for a team. With that being said....

I think this will be a very good and tough game this coming Sunday, but I do firmly believe that Green Bay will come out on top. Other then Green Bays Oline vs the Rams Dline, the Pack matches up pretty well in my opinion. Even without Nelson or Adams, I like green Bays receiver matchup against the Rams. Same with the secondary against the Rams receivers.

Austin might pose a threat but if Green Bay can contain the run and limit the play action, he shouldn't be too much of a problem. And with the way the Packers run defense has been paying the last few weeks, I don't think they should have too much to worry about the backfield.

And before someone says the name Gurley, I am still not sold on him yet. I want to see more then one quarter of great play before I believe the hype people are giving him. This is not to take away from his great game last Sunday, I just want to see more great performances from him before calling him the next up and coming. Great young athlete though and I am excited to see what he can do in the NFL, just not this week against the Pack. :)

This will be a good game though and a fun one to watch. Can't wait till this Sunday!
--------
To the ram fans

How many full packet games have you seen this year?

Did you know our interior line is described as one of, or the best in the nfl by numerous so called experts

Our weakness on offense is right tackle...if he holds up or they give him help and it works, we should be able to score more than enough.
--------
I get that the Rams have a very good DL, they have me a bit worried too, but it's not as if GB hasn't faced good DL's before and had success. I think both tackles are weak links and I think our offense is capable of covering that up enough to be effective in the run and pass.

I think our Defense is pretty good too. I expect a good game, and the Rams deserves some respect, but it's not as if they have super humans playing that nobody has ever seen the likes of before.
---------
Austin is a dangerous threat returning punts but aside of three long ones returned for TDs during his career he is averaging 7.7 yards on his other 70 attempts. The Packers punt returner, Micah Hyde, has three punt return TDs during his career as well on only 45 attempts.

Austin has 14 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TDs so far this season which doesn´t rank in the top 40 in any category. The Packers have faced better receivers this season and have done fine so forget me if I´m not that worried about him.

I really don´t care what Zuerlein is capable of doing in warmups, Crosby makes kicks like that pregame without any rush as well. Zuerlein´s career long FG outdoors is 56 yards and as I´ve said before he has been less than stellar outdoors.

The Rams have giving up only six offensive TDs so far being tied for second fewest in the league, no doubt that´s pretty good. Wanna guess who´s #1??? That would be the Seahawks with five, two of them against the Packers at Lambeau.
--------
Rams secondary is average IMO. If they don't get consistent pressure on Arod, its over and it'll get ugly fast. Rams O cannot score enough against us if our O is rolling.
--------
To beat the Packers you need to force three and outs, hold the run game to small gainers on first and second down and bring the rush on 3rd down. The trouble is that while Eddie Lacy might not be an explosive back he is one of the most physical in the game.

He doesn't break tackles as violently as Marshawn Lynch, but he's harder to bring down and he's running behind an O-line that run blocks a lot better than Seattle's. You give him 3 yards of space and he'll take 5-6 yards, and he'll do it all game long.

I respect your team, but you have been a been reductive in your analysis.
--------
This has been a very entertaining thread. I've always enjoyed having opponents fan join our forum leading up to games (with the exception of 49ers and Seahawks disrespectful fans). What I'm seeing out of the two Rams posters here is a lot of faith in their team, something that has been lacking for a while in St. Louis. It's great to see.

However, when some of the homerism gets down to how their third string TE will "mess up anyone in front of him" I start to doubt the objectiveness. There is a lot of talk about potential, and every team has it. The beauty of the NFL is that it's a "now" game and the Packers are doing it now and have been. They aren't the washed up old guard, they are the team to be. Good luck.

It's all still good popcorn...
--------
I just watched the whole 9er game...I'm sure I've seen another one (opening night?)....They can be beaten...There are weaknesses...in other places besides RT...I'm gonna enjoy seeing Donald & Brockers & Fairley & Westbrooks against your interior line...Should be interesting...
--------
I predict this game is won in the first half. They don't have the secondary to cover our pass catchers, or the offense to keep up with ours in lambeau. As many "big names" as they have on their defensive line, our D line has performed better than theirs thus far imo.
--------
Here's my take, if the Packers commit to the run Green Bay by 10. If you're able to get good pressure around the edges and fluster Aaron Rodgers GB may abandon the run and double down on a failing passing game. Your primary defensive weakness is an undersized defensive front, Green Bay needs to attack this with a very good interior Oline, good run blocking RT and a very good running back. If Green Bay abandons the run STL by 3.

EDIT: The weak point of the MM era in GB has been a maddening tendency to double down on the passing game when it's not working. We've had too many losses in games where the opposing D was daring us to run with only 6 guys in the box and we'd run a pass pass pass punt offense. KC back in 2011 and Buffalo in 2014 are prime examples.

Against Buffalo Aaron Rodgers went 17 out of 42 with 2 picks. Meanwhile Eddie Lacy put up 97 yards on 15 rushes. Why the Packers didn't lean on Eddie Lacy and feed him the ball 20-25 times the World wonders. It was a similar story back in 2011, Aaron Rodgers was mediocre in that game while Ryan Grant managed a 5.5 ypc on only 12 carries.

Those are the most blatant examples but in mind the Packers biggest weakness is a hard headed stubborn refusal to adjust offensively in game. If things aren't working we'll stick with what isn't working and lose low scoring affairs that we should win.
--------
I dunno. I think the Rams are a good team and one to watch but the Packers seriously tend to just roll over everybody at Lambeau. In STL I might pick us to lose but I don't think there's a team in the league I'd be worried or even concerned about comming into Lambeau that doesn't have Tom Brady playing QB for them
--------
This game reminds me a bit of the Chiefs game. At home, against a hard nosed defense (although the Chiefs have yet to prove that), a running back that could do some major damage and a so so offensive line and QB. I think the Rams D is much better then the Chiefs and they will be gunning for AR and giving up some yards to Eddie and Starks. The Packers offense is going to get some points, but less then what they scored against the Chiefs.

The key to the game IMO is our defense and turnovers. If we can contain both Gurley and Tavon Austin. we should get a good number of sacks, a few turnovers and win this one. 24-16
--------
Ramhusker - You Packer fans seem to be a fair lot. And I hope you see us Rams fans in the same light. With that being said, WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT RAIN in your house this week! It's no fun if we can't talk a little smack. ;)

I never predict a loss for my team, no matter the opponent or the situation, so I say Rams 23, Packers 20 in a shocker as AR throws his first INT at home in a very long time. I'll shut up now.:speechless:
-------
I think you may be overestimating what shutting down Hyde and Lynch while giving Charles 3 TDs and Forte 141 yards and a TD may be telling you. You are correct, Gurley is still an unknown, but his upside is huge. He loses the brace this week for the first time we think. He says it was slowing him down.
-----------
Gurley has played one great half of NFL football. There's no reason to put him above Lynch, Charles or Forte as of now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/official-packers-vs-rams-thread.62699/page-5

Official Packers vs Rams thread

Sitton, Linsley and Lang haven't given up a single sack or QB hit all season, that's how good they are. The Rams got most of their sacks against a terrible Seahawks offensive line and their pass rush has been average in losses to Washington and the Steelers. The best chance creating pressure against the Packers is beating the tackles.
--------
Smack talk in a forum is the equivalent of breaking wind in a carload. The game won't be won or lost in this forum. But I have to give credit where it's due. Some of you guys are trying real hard for that victory. ;)
--------
Ramhusker - If Aaron Donald goes on a tear like he tends to every couple of games or so, you'll be asking yourself who in the hell is this guy? He seems obsessed to steamroll to the QB with his bowling ball frame when this happens. I don't study line play enough to know why or who he's able to do this to sometimes but it's something to see when it happens.

Truth is our whole team is much like this and they are so young ( I think we are the youngest n the NFL again) that there is an unpredictable level of consistency. It's like Forrest Gump said, "We are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

But I'd like to say that I think these two teams could be playing for home field advantage already this week. A touch confident aren't I? :cool:

I'm pretty sure the PACK knows exactly what they are up against when it comes to the RAM D as does the RAMS when it comes to the PACK O. The question is how do you stop them. I think what might be a little of the unknown is the RAM O and the PACK D. Some changes of late with both. Aren't you guys lining up a little known LB ;) at DT as of late?
-------
LT, please don't ruin my current vision that the Rams are this juggernaut of 450 lb, 10 foot monsters who run the 40 so fast that they finish before they start. They eat children for snacks and pick their teeth with telephone poles.

Please, Rams fans continue your posting. Ignore LT's little annoying dose of reality.
--------
Ramhusker - Yep, that's all Gurley got in his first game and that will be his career low in touches and yards. I'd imagine if he gets held for less than 75 yards in a game for the next half dozen years, it will be a bad game for him. I think he's that special, not because he's now a Ram, but because I think he's that special of a talent. The kid is still wearing a knee brace, 9 months off an ACL for goodness sakes. He'll be as special as AP has been and that's not an exaggeration of probability.

The Pack D may shut him down this week but like I said, shutting him down may mean 75 yards rushing. He may still be on somewhat of a snap count so who knows or maybe they let him loose this week and carry as many as the game dictates. He is a southern boy so I don't know how he likes cool weather but it looks like it's going to be 70 with only 65% humidity so never mind. He's used to running in 95 with 95% humidity.

This game will probably be decided in the trenches like most games are in football so I see a close one if the Rams can avoid putting themselves at a disadvantage with penalties and dropped balls. No injuries please.
--------
How could Rams fans be this confident with a 2-2 team?!

Because we WATCHED the rebuild, the players develop, the QB injuries tank our seasons. We KNEW we were underrated 2 seasons ago and last season. This is either now, or soon, the culmination of all that work and waiting.

IF the Rams play GB very well, or even pull off a true upset, we will know we made it. That we have what we THINK we have. This game is psychologically huge for the Rams and they will come to play.

Trust me, no one beats on the Rams more than Rams' fans. There's nothing in this thread we don't say too. But this season is going to be the one.
-------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlR1D51wuU

-------
You know you Rams fans talk a good game and there's nothing wrong with being homers, but before you convince us all that Rodgers is going to get sacked 10 times, Lacy is going to be contained and Gurley is going to run for 100 yards and Foles play action into 3 TDs, I would like to point out a few things:

Yes, Palmer was under pressure a lot, but he threw the ball 50 times too. Rodgers has almost never thrown the ball that much. That's 46 passes to 4 sacks and 9 pressures, i.e. 13 out of 50. Good definitely, about 1 in 4, but the Packers' offense is way, way more balanced.

If you think you're gonna stop Eddie Lacy that easy, think again. The strength of the Ram defense is not the run. Lacy is quicker than you think.

The Cardinals racked up 450 yards. 5.4 yards per rushing attempt. Arizona was able to move the ball well against the Rams defense. Bend don't break is fine, *if* it works that way. Give a team like the Packers enough chances down in the red zone and they'll score more than 22 points.

The way I see it, if the Packer offensive line shakes off last week's poor performance and plays well, Packers win by 2 scores easy. And by 'well' I don't expect them to stuff the Rams rush on every play. That's completely unrealistic. If the Packers' line plays like it did last week, then the Rams have a real shot at taking this one.
--------
Rams fans: I got this.

Hell, yes, Gurley is better than those no-name punks! Didn't you see the prediction fact that was presented above? Gurley ISbetter than AP, and since AP is better than Lynch, Charles and Hyde, that means that Gurley IS better than everyone. Hell, he ran like crazy in a half of football with a brace on! I mean, really? Brace on.

Now, it's off. The brace. Off. This will be like AP on steroids. Or, if AP already was on steroids, then it's like AP on even better steroids. AP isn't even on the same planet as Gurley. There is only room for one person on this planet of Gurley's caliber and it's Gurley. Except for TA. There's room for TA. And Foles. Did you know that he has an NFL record? And the Ram's kicker. You don't know his name now, but you will. And that elite cornerback, too. Not Revis or Sherman-- you know, the other elite cornerback guy. Only room for those guys on this planet at Gurley's level.

And his brace. Except now it's off.

:rolleyes:
--------
You know how sometimes the week before, a team upsets a real good team, then the next week they fall flat?
--------
They're not going to be able to attack the handoff much, not with our interior O-line and the ability to disengage and tackle from behind isn't going to help much against Lacy. He's not an inconsistent but explosive home run hitter, but he churns out 4-6 yard runs like clockwork. And when they do get him from behind he's still going to tend to carry to carry them forward a yard or two.

Here's the thing, if you're going to shut down Eddie Lacy you need to scheme to stop him. That means keeping your LBs near the LoS and your DEs tucked inside where they can't rush the passer as effectively. You do that and Aaron likely rips up your secondary.
--------
The Rams!? I thought we were playing the 85 Bears! ;)
--------
Our guests have been homeristic, I'll say this much though they're definitely a team on the rise. But they need some help in the secondary. Either they need another starter at CB and two new safeties or they need an Ed Reed Nick Collins type at the FS position to make up for their weaknesses. As a whole they remind me of the Lions teams of a couple years ago.
---------
Aaron Donald kind of reminds me of John Randle, dangerous inside pass rusher and a game wrecker if you let him. But if you can run at him a lot he won't look so good. TJ Lang is generally regarded as an above average guard in spite of nagging injuries, if healthy he's a pro bowler and right now he's healthy. If I'm Clements right now I'm thinking that TJ Lang and Corey Linsley are much better run blockers than Aaron Donald is as a run defender, I'm going to run right at Aaron Donald early and often.

In fact I would be so confident in my matchups of Lang/Linsley on Donald and Sitton on Brockers that I would scheme around being able to send either Lang or Linsley straight into the second level on most run plays. I would count on the ability of my O-line to win their matchups mano a mano in the interior of the run game concern myself with beating the crap out of their LBs and safeties at the second level.

I would force them to play their DEs on the hip pockets of their DTs and force them to bring a safety up in the box which they do willingly partly because their safeties suck in coverage. Then with their pass rush slowed and their weak secondary even more exposed I would look to attack downfield and put some explosive plays on the books.
-------
2.5 seconds. To avoid the Rams, you have 2.5 seconds. We timed it one game.

"Donald plays a position that is often overlooked on a play-to-play basis, but new forms of analysis help. Pro Football Focus, for instance, a site that grades NFL players on every play, sees a superstar. According to its analysis, Donald isn't just the highest-graded defensive lineman in the league for the first four weeks of the season, outperforming Watt. He's grading higher than any defensive tackle in the past eight years."
--------
If you judge the Rams secondary by stats with no regard for scheme, that will be your impression all season, and we understand. We HATE that the Rams will play games lights out, exactly as they are told to, win big games doing it, and never rank.

The good news is that teams always underestimate us. :sneaky:
--------
Someone said something like; "Stats are used like a drunk uses a lampost; for support and not illumination." :roflmao: I know it is cliche but in football, in the end the only stat that matters is the one that lists W-L.

Your Rams are a fine team. I know you aren't saying that they are definitely going to win. What you are saying is that they have a good chance. I can't disagree with that.

I think it is also important to note that without Jordy the Packers are definitely not as adept at the real long ball that we saw last year in the chemistry between him and Aaron . What they have now though is very effective, because they don't just have Lacey, they have Starks. Both are quality running backs. Both capable of going inside or outside. Both capable of breaking off big runs.

Combine those with Aaron Rodgers ability to make very quick reads and avoid hard rushes and that short game becomes bread and butter. I'm think it is going to be a real interesting chess match to see how this offense works around that front four of yours. I expect some surprises from this offense now that MM isn't making the play calls.
-------
I have a few predictions, too:

1. Lacy will have a huge game, unless he misses the hole and gets tackled.
2. Rodgers will have no INTs, unless he misses his targets.
3. Crosby will hit an 80 yard FG, unless he misses the space between the uprights.
4. There will be no long gains by Gurley, unless the Packer D miss their assignments.

I could go on. But, I am sure you get the point by now.
--------
I haven't see fluffing this hard since John Bobbitt tried breaking into the business

ExpatPack

UDFA
So what are Packer fans saying? Well Brian Demerest was good enough to come on our boards and talk up his Rams. Most Packer fans are cautiously optimistic and feel that the Rams are for real. So i'll just repeat my last post on the Packers board as to what I think:

Rams are a team to be reckoned with, and they look to be a team built to last. I'm not at all confident that Foles is the QB who will lead the Rams to the promised land, but Sunday's game will be a good indicator of where both teams are in this first half of the season. If the Packers can take the Rams' defense's best shot and keep rolling, I think that the Superbowl chorus around Packerland is going to grow a lot louder. If the Rams can beat the undefeated Packers in their den, then they will be seen as the most dangerous team in the league right now and the one that no one wants to play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So what are Packer fans saying? Well Brian Demerest was good enough to come on our boards and talk up his Rams. Most Packer fans are cautiously optimistic and feel that the Rams are for real. So i'll just repeat my last post on the Packers board as to what I think:

Rams are a team to be reckoned with, and they look to be a team built to last. I'm not at all confident that Foles is the QB who will lead the Rams to the promised land, but Sunday's game will be a good indicator of where both teams are in this first half of the season. If the Packers can take the Rams' defense's best shot and keep rolling, I think that the Superbowl chorus around Packerland is going to grow a lot louder. If the Rams can beat the undefeated Packers in their den, then they will be seen as the most dangerous team in the league right now and the one that no one wants to play.

Glad to see you here, EspatPack! Welcome.

Seems like a fair assessment, and shows that you (and your buddies) are level headed. Most of us have no delusions that you guys are the #1 team in the NFC at this point in time, and have one of the best home field advantages with A.Rod as your QB. We're hoping for a bogged down defensive game.

ExpatPack

UDFA
Now I'll tell you why I think the Packers will win.

1. Improved defense. This is not the Packer defense you knew from years past, the one that collapsed in critical games. Why is the pass rush and the run defense so much better? a) Matthews now comfortable with playing inside, b) the return of BJ Raji to his pro-bowl form, c) the emergence of Mike Daniels at DT. Julius Peppers is still there too. Suddenly the Packer's front 7 is formidable.

2. Eddie Lacy's bum ankle is better, and in his third season, he is not just a bruiser who can run guys over. He's running smarter and is quicker through the hole than people realize. With him in the backfield, opposing defenses cannot just key in on Rodgers anymore. Packers have actually run the ball more than they have passed.

3. Rodgers is Rodgers. He is the best. You can say, "our pass rush just needs to keep him in the pocket and not let him get outside." Sounds like a plan. Good luck with that.

4. Packers' special teams sucked last year. This year so far they are much, much better.

But down to the brass tacks: if the Packers OL played like it did against SF last week, which was bad, Rams have a great chance to win. If the OL plays like it did for the first 3 weeks, then I think the pack wins by 2 scores.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
1. Improved defense. This is not the Packer defense you knew from years past, the one that collapsed in critical games. Why is the pass rush and the run defense so much better? a) Matthews now comfortable with playing inside, b) the return of BJ Raji to his pro-bowl form, c) the emergence of Mike Daniels at DT. Julius Peppers is still there too. Suddenly the Packer's front 7 is formidable.

Your D-line is no joke this year and C. Matthews is always a beast. I haven't looked it up, but what's your sack spread look like? About half our sacks are from the D-line, and the rest come from blitzers.

2. Eddie Lacy's bum ankle is better, and in his third season, he is not just a bruiser who can run guys over. He's running smarter and is quicker through the hole than people realize. With him in the backfield, opposing defenses cannot just key in on Rodgers anymore. Packers have actually run the ball more than they have passed.

I'd be a lot more worried about your running game if you had a quick scat back type RB. The Rams are much better at stopping the bruisers. I think it'll just come down to game plan. If G. Williams commits to stopping Rodgers, then you will probably see Lacy rush over 100 easily.

3. Rodgers is Rodgers. He is the best. You can say, "our pass rush just needs to keep him in the pocket and not let him get outside." Sounds like a plan. Good luck with that.

Same as above, if we commit to stopping Rodgers, he's going to get hit ALOT. I know your interior O-line is great, but the Cardinals were also allowing very few sacks this year until they faced us.

Now, I'm not saying we will stop Rodgers. it's a snowballs chance in hell to do it at Lambeau, but it's going to be on his shoulders, if we get enough QB hits to mess with his internal clock, that's when you're going to see him make his first INT at home in a good while.

ExpatPack

UDFA
Your D-line is no joke this year and C. Matthews is always a beast. I haven't looked it up, but what's your sack spread look like? About half our sacks are from the D-line, and the rest come from blitzers.

Really good question and one I don't have the answer to. The far more knowledgable Packer posters (like HardRightEdge, ThanksJackVainisi, and Captain Wimm) are the guys who would know that and more.

I'd be a lot more worried about your running game if you had a quick scat back type RB. The Rams are much better at stopping the bruisers. I think it'll just come down to game plan. If G. Williams commits to stopping Rodgers, then you will probably see Lacy rush over 100 easily.

Packers' version of the scat back are Randall Cobb and Ty Montgomery in the backfield. Packers like to put them back there. Montgomery the rookie really looks good. However I think your run defense is going to miss Alec Ogletree a lot. Without him there Lacy could do some real damage.

Same as above, if we commit to stopping Rodgers, he's going to get hit ALOT. I know your interior O-line is great, but the Cardinals were also allowing very few sacks this year until they faced us.

As I said. If Williams' def strategy is for the Rams front four to pin their ears back and go after Rodgers full blast, expect lots of Lacy and spread offenses where Rodgers will try to neutralize the pass rush with quick passes. That's what the Packers did against KC. Still, if the Packer OL can't slow down the Rams' pass rush a little bit, it will be a tough afternoon for AR.

Now, I'm not saying we will stop Rodgers. it's a snowballs chance in hell to do it at Lambeau, but it's going to be on his shoulders, if we get enough QB hits to mess with his internal clock, that's when you're going to see him make his first INT at home in a good while.

Rodgers is going to throw an INT sometime. Might be Sunday. However one thing good or bad is that without Jordy Nelson, Rodgers has not been throwing many deep balls. Lots of short passes, passes to the TE and the like. The second level of the Rams defense is probably their weak point now with Ogletree out. I wouldn't be surprised to be Rodgers and the Packers try to exploit that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So what are Packer fans saying? Well Brian Demerest was good enough to come on our boards and talk up his Rams.

Thanks for joining us here at ROD. This is the main reason for this type of thread, to have fans from other teams come here to discuss the upcoming game. It can be both fun and educational if handled the right way.

Nothing shocks me any longer about the Rams. They're getting to be almost impossible to figure out week after week. Gregg William's D will allow Rodgers to complete the majority of his passes and the Packers will pick up many yards. But how the Packers do in the red zone will determine the winner of this game. Field goals instead of touchdowns will not be enough.

The Rams on offense will need help from special teams and a turnover or two by our defense to keep this game close.

Btw you have a cool forum. The members are confident, as they should be, but respectful as well.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard

4. Packers' special teams sucked last year. This year so far they are much, much better.

But down to the brass tacks: if the Packers OL played like it did against SF last week, which was bad, Rams have a great chance to win. If the OL plays like it did for the first 3 weeks, then I think the pack wins by 2 scores.

Welcome to the forum ExpatPack! Glad to see your assessment but I don't think Lacy will have a big day. He is exactly the type of back the Rams usually contain. It is the change of pace backs that seem to give the Rams D issue. Lacy is a beast in the mold of Lynch so I think the Rams will handle him but I think he will be able to keep the defense honest. Unfortunately A Rodgers doesn't need a defense to he honest to beat your brains out. Best in the business no doubt, so we need our defense to sack and hit him as often as possible. That and we need our running game to be effective to have a chance in this contest. This really is like the first half Super Bowl for the Rams and will be a great gauge showing how much progress this team has made. The Rams have had a brutal start to our schedule but playing championship caliber team is a huge plus and learning opportunity for this young team. I am looking forward to a great game and hopefully no injuries for either side.

Best of luck, just not in the game. (y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for joining us here at ROD. This is the main reason for this type of thread, to have fans from other teams come here to discuss the upcoming game. It can be both fun and educational if handled the right way.

Nothing shocks me any longer about the Rams. They're getting to be almost impossible to figure out week after week. Gregg William's D will allow Rodgers to complete the majority of his passes and the Packers will pick up many yards. But how the Packers do in the red zone will determine the winner of this game. Field goals instead of touchdowns will not be enough.

The Rams on offense will need help from special teams and a turnover or two by our defense to keep this game close.

Btw you have a cool forum. The members are confident, as they should be, but respectful as well.
Don't forget to tell him to stay out of post game threads.... ;)

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do you think the 49ers game plan to commit to coverage and concede the run is something other teams will try. I think the Rams have the D-Line to have some success with that strategy on Sunday.

I fully expect that to be their plan. I'm anticipating seeing two safeties deep, and they're going to invite the run against a six-man box. The Packers have to win that.

Does anyone here think that this will be the Rams game plan? I think Williams will go blitz happy in this game and really try to rattle Rodgers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think Williams will go blitz happy in this game and really try to rattle Rodgers.

I hope not. Rodgers will pick us apart. Btw I was just watching ESPN and Tedy Bruschi picked the Rams to beat the Packers. Mark Schlereth of course went with the Packers.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Does anyone here think that this will be the Rams game plan? I think Williams will go blitz happy in this game and really try to rattle Rodgers.

I hope we run something like the game plan against the Broncos last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope not. Rodgers will pick us apart. Btw I was just watching ESPN and Tedy Bruschi picked the Rams to beat the Packers. Mark Schlereth of course went with the Packers.

I hope they do. You have to hit Rodgers. Just can't have our guys jumping offsides.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If the Rams can beat the undefeated Packers in their den, then they will be seen as the most dangerous team in the league right now and the one that no one wants to play.
Welcome to ROD. The Rams are already a team that no one wants to play.
Most dangerous? I agree...they aren't that team yet. Until there's consistency we aren't an opponent that is considered dangerous.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I've been a fan of A.Rodgers since the day he was under-drafted. He's been the best QB in the league for more than just a few seasons too IMO. There really is no way to defend his skill-set. He can do it all. The best an opponent can hope for is to bother his rhythm with consistent pressure and the Rams have the ability to do that. Pressure up the middle is the best way to get a QB uncomfortable. The Rams can do that.

Starks is a guy who might have better success than Lacy vs our front four. The Rams have handled the power backs pretty well under G.Williams defense, but the shiftier, speed guys have had success finding cracks and big chunks. Is Lacy even 100%?
I thought Arizona would throw more screens at us with their speed backs(Chris Johnson) but they like to sling it downfield.

You say your ST's have improved. I'll take your word on that. The Rams field one of the best units in the league and that's not a fanboy blowing smoke either. They can tackle, cover, block, kick well, punt well and are a threat to score every time.

The red zone is key to this game when it's GB's offense vs the Rams D, in my opinion.
GB's offense is ranked 9th in red zone TD scoring %
Rams defense is ranked 4th in opponent red zone TD scoring %
If GB can get TD's instead of FG's that will be the difference. Seattle, Pittsburgh and Arizona couldn't punch it in for 6.

Tall order for the Rams this week. If the Rams can stay in it and keep it close in the 4th qtr anything can happen.