What McVay said to Tavon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Going back to the OP - I've not seen that clip, but if he did take a TO to clarify something with a player, then I LOVE that - it shows me that he has faith in his play calling - and knows that it only takes a player in the wrong position to mess it up. Did TA instigate the question, did he ask McVay, was he concerned about being in the wrong place - if so then I salute him, it shows that he also believes in the system and doesn't see himself bigger than his team mates or the system - it shows a team player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thank you!! There's no reason why TA can't run the same routes Gurley has. Gurley is a BEAST, but he is not better than TA in the open field.

If Gurley had dropped that TD pass the Rams might well have lost the game. Now, IF Tavon would catch that pass I agree, he'd get into the endzone faster than Gurley did. But out of ten throws how many would he flub? And when it goes live, and the team absolutelyfukkin needs it what is he going to do?

The reason TA isn't running the same routes Gurley is: he's not as good as Gurley. There is a REASON that Gurley now is doing what TA should be doing. There is a REASON they went out and got a deep threat at WR. The reason is TA is not good enough for the team to depend on him executing either at a high percentage.

nighttrain

Legend
If Gurley had dropped that TD pass the Rams might well have lost the game. Now, IF Tavon would catch that pass I agree, he'd get into the endzone faster than Gurley did. But out of ten throws how many would he flub? And when it goes live, and the team absolutelyfukkin needs it what is he going to do?

The reason TA isn't running the same routes Gurley is: he's not as good as Gurley. There is a REASON that Gurley now is doing what TA should be doing. There is a REASON they went out and got a deep threat at WR. The reason is TA is not good enough for the team to depend on him executing either at a high percentage.
Gurley, COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR
train