What Is Your Line Of Work?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
professional pedestrian chaser. greatest career choice ever. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I work in SEO at the moment but I'm hoping to switch careers to video editing :)

My daughter-in-law Ashley does video editing. Her and my son moved to N. Hollywood recently because she was hired there. Don't know who her employer is though.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
My daughter-in-law Ashley does video editing. Her and my son moved to N. Hollywood recently because she was hired there. Don't know who her employer is though.

Sounds cool, it's something I do as a hobby and looking to get into seriously.. Been spending some time in CBS London to observe and learn.. Amazing

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I either drug people up or read their minds. It really depends on who you ask. All that i can say, is that you should wear layers and layers of tin foil on your head if you see me

tin-foil-hat.jpg

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I've been a conductor and brakeman on the railroad for 42 years. Ever since a month after getting out of high school. I've worked on trains between St. Louis and Memphis during that time. That's why I've spent so many days and nights wandering around St. Louis, staying in hotels and motels all around the area, mostly downtown. Had a lot of time to kill waiting for the next train to run. Started out on the Frisco RR but after the mergers it's now BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe). Finally got the seniority to hold a local here in my hometown in southeast Missouri, site of our home terminal. No more nights in the hotels but I do miss some of the adventures I used to get into. Now it's just delivering and picking up cars for local industries in a 30 mile radius. Nothing glorious but it keeps me active and moving. Plan on giving it up this fall. By the way, just saw a cougar on the Proctor Gamble property in April while on the train. Now I KNOW they are here in Missouri for sure.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
By the way, just saw a cougar on the Proctor Gamble property in April while on the train. Now I KNOW they are here in Missouri for sure.

Oh, you were referring to an animal. :sneaky: I bet you have some interesting stories to share on your years with the railroad.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Oh, you were referring to an animal. :sneaky: I bet you have some interesting stories to share on your years with the railroad.
Yeah, one of my coworkers said for me to have seen a cougar, she had to be hitting on 90 years old. Tough group to work around. And yes, there were some stories alright. ;)

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky

• Prime, I'm not sure how many come to this part of the site. I wouldn't think many. I've seen things from young peoples body parts scattered along the rails to car collisions that the cars never won. Don't do it Just don't do it! Sorry I'm coarse at times, but that's life. It's not always pretty.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
  • Prime, I'm not sure how many come to this part of the site. I wouldn't think many. I've seen things from young peoples body parts scattered along the rails to car collisions that the cars never won. Don't do it Just don't do it! Sorry I'm coarse at times, but that's life. It's not always pretty.
I believe you. There are no fender benders with trains.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Prime, I'm not sure how many come to this part of the site. I wouldn't think many. I've seen things from young peoples body parts scattered along the rails to car collisions that the cars never won. Don't do it Just don't do it! Sorry I'm coarse at times, but that's life. It's not always pretty.

Quite a few come to this section each day. It's the second busiest part of ROD after Rams-NFL Talk.

Don't worry about being coarse from time to time. Just be yourself. I spend time each week at the local Federal prison. The inmates there have stories that are either heartbreaking or scary.

Btw someone would have to be either drunk, insane, or extremely dumb to play chicken with a train. Here in Cumberland, MD we have the Western Maryland Scenic train that runs right by where I walk my dog. I was born in Germany and grew to love trains while growing up there. My older brother, now retired, worked for the railroad all his life. Thanks for sharing what you can with us.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I believe you. There are no fender benders with trains.
Thanks! Just a few years ago a young man told his friends he bet he could run in front of the train. He made it across the tracks but on his way back he tripped on a rail. All I found was a shoe. End of story. Don't do it!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if ya dont mind me asking, what the hell is a pedestrian chaser?

technically i'm an amateur, since i dont get paid. i probably should have used blue font to note joking/sarcasm, but i do chase pedestrians with my SUV once in awhile when they fail to follow proper sidewalk procedure. its bad enough bicyclists have everything slanted in their favor.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
i do chase pedestrians with my SUV once in awhile when they fail to follow proper sidewalk procedure.

Why do I picture you chasing an old lady who jaywalked with your SUV, while honking your horn and waving your fist as death metal blasts on your stereo? :rockon: Is what you're doing legal? Inquiring minds want to know.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do I picture you chasing an old lady who jaywalked with your SUV, while honking your horn and waving your fist as death metal blasts on your stereo? :rockon: Is what you're doing legal? Inquiring minds want to know.
probably not legal. however, as i sat at a red light, there was a bunch of juvenile delinquents standing there (in an old car lot) being useless when one of them picks up a rock and feigns throwing it at my suv. i just stare at him and slowly shake my head. well, in one of those special moments in life, he decides to toss it at my suv, and in the process of unbelievably good aim, hits the door about a foot under my arm. well, i wasnt having the best day of my life to begin with, so i thought about it for a moment, pressed the 4wd button on the dash, put the tranny in 1 and punched the gas as i drove other the curb into the car lot after the little b*stards. if not for a well placed telephone pole, i'd gotten said thrower of rock too. havent ever seen them since, as it was between work and a wendy's i go to for lunch on occasion. old ladies and such are fine as long as they are GOING somewhere and not just standing around acting like the vehicle shouldnt be on the road instead of themselves.