What is the mystery with Pead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What's your point? My point is you were wrong about the coaches deferred to Drich because of Peads suspension. Is he really in the plans, they tried trading him before the draft, then they draft Mason... The coaches have also stated he's ntg more then a special teamer at best... In plans? I think not, he's a extra body there for TC

It was "reported" by Bleacherreport.com hardly a set in stone source, that they "shopped him". So I guess than makes him the first player to ever be shopped at the draft? And yet, again, he is still here, and they guy they outright released AFTER the draft was Richardson. And please find me where the coaches said he is "nothing more than a special teamer".

I guess we will see how it all plays out, won't we?

I like it when I question someone on here, its an indication of my lack of tolerance for a differing opinion, but its ok for people to attack me for mine.

Last edited:

Ram4life11

Rookie
I think Stacy came late due to the graduation issue too. I don't think he was messed up by the learning curve.

I'm not bashing Pead supporters just like I don't bash Quick supporters. Optimism is a great trait to have and I wish I was an optimist. The guys have talent, but there are plenty of guys with talent that have failed. I never saw Pead as a starter, or primary back in a rotation. I saw him as a change of pace third down back. I think he can still be used as a receiver and be effective. I think he has a skill set that can be used.
am
Cunningham also missed some of the early parts of TC because of his pre existing knee injury, I don't think he missed the learning curve either, he knew he was an UDFA and knew he had to go out and bust his ass to make the squad, because like Cunningham and all the other UDFA in the NFL they don't get the chance to make the excuses that have been made for Pead, such they need time to develop, there suffering mentally, or there just sad and lonely...
Those are all weak pathetic excuses that a lot of NFL players wish they could use...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What's your point? My point is you were wrong about the coaches deferred to Drich because of Peads suspension. Is he really in the plans, they tried trading him before the draft, then they draft Mason... The coaches have also stated he's ntg more then a special teamer at best... In plans? I think not, he's a extra body there for TC

Hey Ram4life11,
If he was just an extra body for TC why isn't Richardson here?
I think the "point" is simply that Richardson is not in the Rams plans - hence being cut and now being a NY Jet - and Isaiah Pead is still in the teams plans - hence he is still on the team.
The drafting of Mason is par for the course. Best player available and moving forward in 2015, and 2016 you are going to see a lot more players drafted based off their board and less about need. Look at the Donald pick as proof.
I am not sure that supposedly shopping a player with value is somehow giving up on them - nor is the drafting of Mason an indication of that either. There is no guarantee that Mason pans out as a good pro either.
Mason hasn't played a down nor gotten through TC - not sure why you are all in with Mason as if it was some indication they are down on Pead / or that he's a special teamer at best....

CoachO

Hall of Fame
am
Cunningham also missed some of the early parts of TC because of his pre existing knee injury, I don't think he missed the learning curve either, he knew he was an UDFA and knew he had to go out and bust his ass to make the squad, because like Cunningham and all the other UDFA in the NFL they don't get the chance to make the excuses that have been made for Pead, such they need time to develop, there suffering mentally, or there just sad and lonely...
Those are all weak pathetic excuses that a lot of NFL players wish they could use...

WOW, you'd think Pead stole your lunch money or something. gotta love all the hate being spewed on here these days. reminds me of another site.

Ram4life11

Rookie
It was "reported" by Bleacherreport.com hardly a set in stone source, that they "shopped him". So I guess than makes him the first player to ever be shopped at the draft? And yet, again, he is still here, and they guy they outright released AFTER the draft was Richardson. And please find me where the coaches said he is "nothing more than a special teamer".

I like it when I question someone on here, its an indication of my lack of tolerance for a differing opinion, but its ok for people to attack me for mine.
Les Snead see's Pead as a role player, idk if this source is accurate enough for you tho...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 228

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
am

I am not sure Pead has said he needs time to Develop or is suffering mentally or is sad and lonely - these are not his excuses. just cause you write it down doesn't make it so. I thnk the article posted on Pead was more about is adjustment to life in the NFL. It is tough.

Pead is an emotional guy. Not suffering mentally. Things haven't exactly gone his way, but that doesn't mean he has mental issues. Someone said earlier that Titus Young has mental issues - TRUE - hence he was cut soon after being claimed off the waiver wire.
So if Fisher and Snead don't suffer mental issues - like in the case of Titus - why would they suddenly endure the so-called "mental suffering" of Pead. Well they would not
So you can safely assume that it has nothing to do with mental issues.
I think lack of maturity is more on the mark. The kid is highly emotional. Look at ever single one of his positive carriers, he either spikes the ball or talks shit after the play - which annoys me. But he plays with a lot of emotion and sometimes that self-confidence can take a beating.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Les Snead see's Pead as a role player, idk if this source is accurate enough for you tho...

That is interesting cause if Snead says he envisions him as a special teamer that means he is more than a TC body?
or is he in their plans?

Still would like to see the source on this

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I've read every post on this thread and have seen a back-and-forth of differing opinions in relation to the worth of this particular player. I have not seen you being "attacked" by anyone. However comments like "dime store "experts" making assumptions and disparaging remarks just to suit their agenda" might tend to tick people off and cause them to get sarcastic.

I find your posts interesting and worthwhile reading but this is an anonymous message board forum where not everyone is going to agree with my opinion or yours. It takes a thick skin to hang in there over the long term because people do tend to get on one's nerves at times, mine included. Peace.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Hey Ram4life11,
If he was just an extra body for TC why isn't Richardson here?
I think the "point" is simply that Richardson is not in the Rams plans - hence being cut and now being a NY Jet - and Isaiah Pead is still in the teams plans - hence he is still on the team.
The drafting of Mason is par for the course. Best player available and moving forward in 2015, and 2016 you are going to see a lot more players drafted based off their board and less about need. Look at the Donald pick as proof.
I am not sure that supposedly shopping a player with value is somehow giving up on them - nor is the drafting of Mason an indication of that either. There is no guarantee that Mason pans out as a good pro either.
Mason hasn't played a down nor gotten through TC - not sure why you are all in with Mason as if it was some indication they are down on Pead / or that he's a special teamer at best....
I'm not a Mason fan, I'm a Cunningham fan than a Stacey fan... The only value that Pead has is that he was drafted so high, they shopped him, and couldn't get ntg more than 1 sixth round pick for him so the trade wasn't made... He's still here because he's a special teamer, Drich wasn't ... They understood there was kno way for Drich to even smell the field being behind Stacey, Cunningham, mason, and Pead...
Pead has a slight chance of touching the field on ST, that's why he's still here

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I have never seen where they've said anything like this about Pead. Can you show a link or is this just BS? Please don't go putting words in our coaches mouths in an attempt to bolster your position on a player. I don't think anyone has a problem with opinions for the most part but I think you will find this kind of fabrication to be pretty irritating to most here unless you can actually back it up. Clearly Pead spent most of his time on the field last year playing special teams. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the coaches did not and would not say what you are alleging.

Pead is what he is. We are going to see if he puts it together this season. I think it is pretty obvious that the coaches saw more upside in Pead than DR or they would have kept DR and released Pead. Is it just a special teams role and emergency back-up? Maybe. I doubt it but that is just my guess. To my knowledge the coaches haven't said anything that would rule out the idea of him playing a role in the offense this year. If they have, I will eat crow but you're going to have to provide the link.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm not a Mason fan, I'm a Cunningham fan than a Stacey fan... The only value that Pead has is that he was drafted so high, they shopped him, and couldn't get ntg more than 1 sixth round pick for him so the trade wasn't made... He's still here because he's a special teamer, Drich wasn't ... They understood there was kno way for Drich to even smell the field being behind Stacey, Cunningham, mason, and Pead...
Pead has a slight chance of touching the field on ST, that's why he's still here

Fair enough. Don't agree but I still think the kid has some real talent and would love to see him prove it

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
This was my post last August:

This year the Rams will go with a running back by committee approach. I'm curious how much of what I see is shared by my fellow fans. The following is my evaluation of where each rank in the following catagories.

Long speed: 1 Richardson 2 Pead 3 Cunningham 4 Stacy
Quickness: 1 Pead 2 Richardson 3 Cunningham 4 Stacy
Ability between the tackles: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Richardson
Yardage after contact: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Richardson 4 Pead
Pass Pro: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Richardson
Versatiltiy: 1 Cunningham 2 Pead 3 Stacy 4 Richardson
Experience: 1 Richardson 2 Pead 3 Stacy 4 Cunningham
Hole recognition: 1 Cunningham 2 Stacy 3 Richardson 4 Pead
Receiving: 1 Richardson 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Stacy
Ball security: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Richardson 4 Pead

Interestingly, in a cumulative score, I get the following numbers:
Cunningham 22, Stacy 24, Richardson 26, Pead 28

I'm not sure what it all means but I'm willing to bet I'll get a few people to sharpen my thinking on the matter.

Amazingly enough, the regular season performances mostly vindicated my perspective. And even though Cunningham continued to have better stats per carry, Stacy's skill set better fit what that offense needed last year as he's better between the tackles, blocks better, and gets more yards after contact behind a generally weak interior offensive line.

As to the OPs question, Pead's skill set offers nothing more than what T Austin can provide. Both are "space only" players who thrive on making people miss in the open field and frankly, Pead isn't in Austin's class in this regard.

What's curious to me is where Mason fits. I think that's the greater mystery. At first blush, my guess is that he is here to provide the skills they hoped from Richardson and Pead. He may not be as quick or fast, but he seems more instinctive and more difficult to tackle. I still don't know which player fits a screen game which this offense rarely features but I think should improve.

Ram4life11

Rookie
I have never seen where they've said anything like this about Pead. Can you show a link or is this just BS? Please don't go putting words in our coaches mouths in an attempt to bolster your position on a player. I don't think anyone has a problem with opinions for the most part but I think you will find this kind of fabrication to be pretty irritating to most here unless you can actually back it up. Clearly Pead spent most of his time on the field last year playing special teams. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the coaches did not and would not say what you are alleging.

Pead is what he is. We are going to see if he puts it together this season. I think it is pretty obvious that the coaches saw more upside in Pead than DR or they would have kept DR and released Pead. Is it just a special teams role and emergency back-up? Maybe. I doubt it but that is just my guess. To my knowledge the coaches haven't said anything that would rule out the idea of him playing a role in the offense this year. If they have, I will eat crow but you're going to have to provide the link.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 235

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This was my post last August:

This year the Rams will go with a running back by committee approach. I'm curious how much of what I see is shared by my fellow fans. The following is my evaluation of where each rank in the following catagories.

Long speed: 1 Richardson 2 Pead 3 Cunningham 4 Stacy
Quickness: 1 Pead 2 Richardson 3 Cunningham 4 Stacy
Ability between the tackles: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Richardson
Yardage after contact: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Richardson 4 Pead
Pass Pro: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Richardson
Versatiltiy: 1 Cunningham 2 Pead 3 Stacy 4 Richardson
Experience: 1 Richardson 2 Pead 3 Stacy 4 Cunningham
Hole recognition: 1 Cunningham 2 Stacy 3 Richardson 4 Pead
Receiving: 1 Richardson 2 Cunningham 3 Pead 4 Stacy
Ball security: 1 Stacy 2 Cunningham 3 Richardson 4 Pead

Interestingly, in a cumulative score, I get the following numbers:
Cunningham 22, Stacy 24, Richardson 26, Pead 28

I'm not sure what it all means but I'm willing to bet I'll get a few people to sharpen my thinking on the matter.

Amazingly enough, the regular season performances mostly vindicated my perspective. And even though Cunningham continued to have better stats per carry, Stacy's skill set better fit what that offense needed last year as he's better between the tackles, blocks better, and gets more yards after contact behind a generally weak interior offensive line.

As to the OPs question, Pead's skill set offers nothing more than what T Austin can provide. Both are "space only" players who thrive on making people miss in the open field and frankly, Pead isn't in Austin's class in this regard.

What's curious to me is where Mason fits. I think that's the greater mystery. At first blush, my guess is that he is here to provide the skills they hoped from Richardson and Pead. He may not be as quick or fast, but he seems more instinctive and more difficult to tackle. I still don't know which player fits a screen game which this offense rarely features but I think should improve.

cool
but can you update with Mason in the mix. Would like to see how you speculate he'd fit into the mix. Not sure he'd directly take Richardson's spot in any of those categories

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Quite the leap to what you are saying the coaches have said. We all saw Pead playing ST. But to quote the coaches as saying "he's nothing more than a special teamer at best" is a huge stretch IMO in an attempt to bolster your point.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
cool
but can you update with Mason in the mix. Would like to see how you speculate he'd fit into the mix. Not sure he'd directly take Richardson's spot in any of those categories

I have to see him perform in camp and pre season before I can do an honest appraisal. He ran a different offense at Auburn so I'm still confused about his role. I trust the Ram staff though I'm not smart enough to understand this pick.

PhxRam

Can you please stop trying to play the victim card.

Posters dont agree with your observations. Shrug your shoulders and move on.