What is the meaning of your screen name and your avatar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought it would be fun and interesting to find out what our screen name stand for and what our avatar is. I will start.

Cvramsfan I live in the Central Valley of California yeah I know not very interesting but it's actuate. My avatar is me with my wife and granddaughter, who is a RAMS too thanks to Poppa teaching her right.

To the mods if this should be in off topic please move.
GO RAMS

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably will be moved, but . . .

Akrasian is from Aristotle and scholastic philosophy - akrasia is a weakness of the will that explains people doing things that are bad for them willingly. So committing evil acts even though they hurt in the long run, people smoking though they know they shouldn't, drinking, etc. So Akrasian is somebody who has such weakness of the will.

The avatar came about after a thread where we discussed former Rams who became actors. It's a grade Z movie I saw on tv 40 or so years ago, starring the anchor of the Fearsome Foursome.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My screen name is just a shortened version of the name I used at another rams message board: badnewsforbilly

It doesn't mean anything really, it was just the title for a short lived musical project I was doing, I made it my screen name.... I don't know why...

My avatar is a ref giving a Ram an arm bar, looks like a punch and it sums up the state of the franchise for the last decade. When we post a winning season, I'll change it probably...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mine was carried over from the site that not be named, it's pretty simple really. Since I was on an STL site and rooting for an STL team and started the account when I was relatively young I went with Hometown because Saint Louis is my hometown and the hometown of most of the teams I root for and I was but a wee lad with the spark in my eyes, not the jaded and bitter Rams fan I am today. :p

And my avatar is one I had made on this site actually! By the ever so cool @CodeMonkey. It was also fairly simple, since as long as Britt has been on this team it's been reported that him and Quick were inseparable and almost like brothers, so I immediately thought of the Blues Brothers. I hope our rag tag group of blood brothers can fumble their way to success ala the Blues Brothers as well.

Alan

Legend

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
GC-First/Last initials
Bean-My nickname in my early navy days
Avatar-Booger, revenge of the nerds.... He's the man!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's put 12 in the box is something criminal lawyers and prosecutors say to each other when they are at a negotiation impasse. Basically, it means it's for trial.

Plus .... It sounds like a defense (a) cheating with an extra guy on the field and (b) stacking the line of scrimmage.

Stel

Starter
Stel was the protagonist in a series of post apocalyptic novels written by Paul O. Williams, a now deceased English professor at Principia College up river from St. Louis. The novels are set around the Mississippi River north of St. Louis. Sorry you asked?

The avatar was given me by this site. I guess they're warning people about me. :sneaky:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My name is a shortened version that I used from the OTHER place too, fan of the dxmissile.. I got the idea from the dxmissile himself Danario Alexander..

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I started following the Rams in earnest in '99, after watching Warner hoist the Lombardi. My wife is from St. Louis, so we usually support the home teams (cards, blues, rams). As the GSOT waned, & we moved to SW MO, I just kept on rooting for the Rams, following them on great boards like this one, & learning a lot about football & teamwork along the way.

I'm an architect by trade, and began my career the year the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law, so I began working under it then, doing ADA reviews of buildings, designing parking lots to comply with the ADA.... hence, the avatar.

So, when I see a great "ADA fail" like this one, it just reminds me somehow of life as a Rams fan....

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HX is the prefix for Hornchurch where I live and 76 the year of my birth.

My avatar is one of my all time heroes Roland Rat. I don't expect that to mean anything to the majority on here but here is a vid of him in action below. None of what I just typed has anything to do with the Rams whatsoever.

View: http://youtu.be/_pV-yHQxAqk

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Name stems from the facts, My name is Dave and I've been a Fan since 1951! The Avatar is a @CodeMonkey creation, to depict my "Old-Timer" Status! Championship Penant, Tickets to the Championship game, Crazy-Legs Hirsh, and of course "The King of Rock & Roll" in a '50's photo! W/ an Old photo of the L.A. Coliseum (Before any re-modeling) in the Back ground!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Lifetime Christian and from a family of only 4 boys and a Drill Sargent that trained the Rangers you played football or did not live in that house. Gabriel , Deacon, Isaiah , Merlin and about 30 more favorites in the so called City of Angels ,for a young Christian with an independent attitude a family all else rooted for home team Dolphins we saw practice at Byscane College. (Miami) To prove I'm not a fan of a SB winner. I loved Gabriels size and Jack Snow who was awesome along with the fearsome foursome and more names and characters along with 10+ wins a year I was hooked for life. Gabriel the Angel of GOD will blow the actual RAMS Horn Trumpet (Shofar) before the Return Of JESUS CHRIST My SAVIOR. 50+ years of SB's ,(Played For A Shot At 6 Other SB's) ,Playoffs( 67,69,73-80,83-86,88-89,99-01,03-04) and last 2 decades just SCARS.

Hating Vikings,Cowboys who kept us from many more SB's as we lost (6) NFC Championship games along with losing to the Whiners so many times before Kurt Warner and gang came along and Changed EVERYTHING! Glad we beat the Whiners twice and the Vikings in the playoffs on our way to WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Strange we beat the Creamsicle Bucs in another Very low scoring game to go to SB XIV against Steelers. Seen the RAMS play EVERYWHERE and taken more people to games far away. Met most every great RAM personally off team buses and elsewhere. Been So Very Blessed and have one of the largest RAMS Collections on Earth. Could write a book with relics and auto's that only this bunch would enjoy. We have Nationwide History that started in Cleveland and Grenke's Horns on the helmets and its almost right we circle back by Fate. No Greater Team with Hollywood Heroes.

Whats so unfunny is back 50+ years ago we were always famous for our Offensive Lineman that were Always in the Pro Bowl. Even since our World Championship we have been cursed especially so on and at the Offensive Line.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I Like the Tron movies(and even the cartoon that never should have been canceled). I like the name too.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
My screen name is a tribute to my dad who passed away in 2000. He was a WWII veteran of the 551st AAA Battalion. My avatar, of course, is the great Bob Waterfield.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rams fan from Iowa = IowaRam

My avatar is always changing , this week it's the wife and I a couple years ago for Halloween , next week's , who knows