What Is the First Free Agent the Rams Should Target?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Barksdale is the #1 priority for me. Sure he didn't play great this year, but I think he was playing hurt. Also, we will need two new starters on the Oline. Without Barksdale we will need 3.
Add a healthy Saffold next to him and we're good
On the right side.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
LOL

OK, that certainly changes things. Thanks for the clarification. Going back to your original post now, I agree the Rams will attempt to make a bigger splash in F/A. 3 years with a losing record and a coach may feel a little more heat, so i'm guessing we'll be a bit more active in filling some holes in free agency, especially being short on draft picks. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What is the first free agent the Rams should target for 2015? Both Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr strongly believe it should be 49er OG Mike Iupati.

Listen to Karraker/Farr Talk Free Agent Targets

Just thinking a little deeper here on OLG Michael Iupati.....

Mike will be 28 yrs old when this NFL gets on its way and he is an outstanding run blocker. His pass protection is not any better than Saffold IMO. He does have some wear & tear but nothing close to a Jake Long history by any means. last season Mike was able to finish 14 games only two due to injury. In 2013 Mike was only able to finish 11 games due a broken ankle & Fibula. Other than that he did not miss any game his first 3 seasons.

The injuries are listed bellow and my list is far from being comprehensive though:
Nov. 2014-Right Arm Injury
Oct.2014-Consussion
Jan. 2014- Broken left ankle & left Fibula.
Nov.2013-Grade 3 sprain MCL Left Knee
May.2013- Shoulder Surgery Left
Early 2008- Shoulder Surgery Right

It seems to be a on going theme here with Mike that he will be looking for the largest OLG contract in NFL history in early March of FA'cy. Could be. When you read ......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Iupati

What jumps out is where he has resided at.....the western pacific coast. NFL teams Oakland & San Diego have need for a Left OG's in a bad way. If Oakland looses their all pro center Center Stefen Wisniewski they are in the best shape cap wise to offer Mike that largest contract.

I just do not see the Rams busting their Salary Cap in 2015 when they have so many mega UFA issues coming up in 2016 with a half dozen starters. The Rams most recent big UFA signing was a starting Left OG.