What Is the First Free Agent the Rams Should Target?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
We have had better luck with the Hayes and Britt types than the Finnagen and Long types. Free agency isn't a good way to build a team. You usually overpay for average or damaged talent.
It is crazy what happens with the market in FA. This is why it would behoove the Rams to sign Barksdale before FA starts....of course, Im sure his agent will want to see what it out there.

fearsomefour

Legend
Raiders let Jared Veldheer walk last year possibly thinking they had something more in Menelik Watson. He's been a bit underwhelming and injured though, so maybe they'll be determined to keep Wisniewski to avoid making more holes. The FA o-linemen this year just seem a bit underwhelming. I think the NFL is starting to remember.
Good point about Veldheer. I was really surprised they let him walk when the cap was of no issue for them. They were very high on Watson though, they still like him a lot.
I think the NFL will remember....until the next trend comes along.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
True, but they are $50M under the cap, so, they have plenty of room.
Stephen W is my guy though, 25 and coming into the height of his game. He would be a huge score the the Rams, I hope they can pull it off....taking for granted the team is interested in him.
Crazy to me they are that far under the cap with all the FA additions they made last offseason. Usually the guys that are big "names" cost more even if they are up in age.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Im not sure of any free agent OL men(haven't done my research)
But I say rid of Jake Long, he has been injured to many times and is no longer the pro bowler he once was,
even healthy his play is 1 step above average -maybe! If we kept him I feel he'd be hurt again....paying him to sit.
I agree he is a liability, but healthy he is definitely better than Barksdale. Like I said, I would have to draft an OT as insurance and for the future, but I think Jake Long offers better potential than Barksdale.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Iupati is my first choice, too.

5 year 45 million is my top out price and would cause a big hole in the Niners OL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Needs to be interior OL plain and simple. Throw out big money to get one of Wisnewski/Iupati/Hudson so that the OL will be settled on the interior. Rams can draft the last remaining position and he competes with the depth guys for the job.

I think they will bring Barks back too, if they can sign him before the window that would be great. If not, well, it's gonna be a heavy OL draft.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Pretty hard to say which one i'd like first, but other than re-signing a few of our own guys, ... I have to go after Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga first. I don't care much for Barksdale and he's going to cost us a bundle to retain, so spend a little extra and get someone who is far better. I also make a run at either McCourty or Delmas for a quality FS, and Iupati at LG. Those would be my top 3 free agent acquisitions, and this is a year we can finally afford to make such a splash. jmo.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Britt (A Must Sign) a few others ion the team but from other teams all OL, C-LG(Saffold back to RG), RT, and a couple good BU's. What the Rams don't sign draft.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Steve Wisniewski

I'm tired of seeing the Wells disaster every week, I was really hoping Jones would come in and kill it after a year or 2 recovering with his excellent college resume but idk whats going on with him and we need a reliable C now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pretty hard to say which one i'd like first, but other than re-signing a few of our own guys, ... I have to go after Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga first. I don't care much for Barksdale and he's going to cost us a bundle to retain, so spend a little extra and get someone who is far better. I also make a run at either McCourty or Delmas for a quality FS, and Iupati at LG. Those would be my top 3 free agent acquisitions, and this is a year we can finally afford to make such a splash. jmo.

Riverumbbq I am with you on Barksdale but the Rams will sign him up to a high cost contract anyway they have few options. The California/San Fran Bay area Duo of high profile UFA OL'ers & cap killers will not be affordable nor would they come to a small NFL town like St Louis. Not sure if the Rams secondary with already around 8 safeties candidates available will have room for more $$$ candidates.

When healthy the former #1 Green Bay Packer is one excellent OT. He can play both OT posts very well. There is a large ButtMonkey here....health & injuries have been working on him .....a lot! You may want to take a minute & look deep into his surgeries & injuries list since coming into the NFL. He may be getting close to Rodger Saffold scale level.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Fish didn't draft Locker, so I doubt it's going to happen. He only brings in his guys, Locker wasn't his guy.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Iupati was the name at first blush that I wanted. But I am starting to really like the idea of Orlando Franklin. I really like the versatility of guys being able to play guard and tackle.