What Is the First Free Agent the Rams Should Target?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The discussion on Rams free agency lasts about 30 seconds and the only name mentioned is Mike Iupati. He would be a great addition to the Rams if they don't resign Bradford or else cut some players that are taking up quite a bit of cap space. Don't know how else we could afford to sign him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Somebody that can play C or LG. Effectively. And stay healthy.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If we sign a guy like Iupati, we better hope our QB can run, because he is proven to be a terrible pass blocker. I am not currently seeing how that is going to be possible, a trade up for a day day 1 starter? A lot of holes to fill on our OL....

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The discussion on Rams free agency lasts about 30 seconds and the only name mentioned is Mike Iupati. He would be a great addition to the Rams if they don't resign Bradford or else cut some players that are taking up quite a bit of cap space. Don't know how else we could afford to sign him.

By getting the cap increased by a little under 10 million. Plus I'm thinking Wells is definitely gone, Langford isn't worth what his price is either. People have written off J Long as well though I would prefer to keep him given our O-line issues. If those three get cut, you are looking at 27 million in cap space even without Bradford restructuring. That is plenty of money to sign our guys in Britt and Barksdale (I'd rather gamble with JL and a draft pick honestly) as well as someone else for the line like Iupati.

StevenG-BR

Rookie

I think cutting Bradford's $16mm and re-signing him to about half that (or less preferably) would do the trick. Elite guards average about $8mm per year. Overall, between Bradford, Long, Langford and Wells, that's about $32 million of spending $$$.

But, that's assuming Bradford and Iupati are both OK with that plan. We don't know that yet.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Somebody that can play C or LG. Effectively. And stay healthy.

Stefen+Wisniewski+Arizona+Cardinals+v+Oakland+Y_pzqq9Bwibl.jpg

iced

Wells, Langford, J.Long, Bradford all have some contracts that should free up some room this off season

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree but Oakland would want to have to let him walk, they can outspend us.
I'll take your word for it that they can outspend us(makes sense), but I don't think overspending for a Center is such a great idea for a team like Oakland with holes everywhere.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Britt to me is the no brainer. He completes the WR crew and is the leader. The affect he had on this team in 2014 is undeniable, they need him and he needs them.

MFaulk107

The Realness
By getting the cap increased by a little under 10 million. Plus I'm thinking Wells is definitely gone, Langford isn't worth what his price is either. People have written off J Long as well though I would prefer to keep him given our O-line issues. If those three get cut, you are looking at 27 million in cap space even without Bradford restructuring. That is plenty of money to sign our guys in Britt and Barksdale (I'd rather gamble with JL and a draft pick honestly) as well as someone else for the line like Iupati.
Im not sure of any free agent OL men(haven't done my research)
But I say rid of Jake Long, he has been injured to many times and is no longer the pro bowler he once was,
even healthy his play is 1 step above average -maybe! If we kept him I feel he'd be hurt again....paying him to sit.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'll take your word for it that they can outspend us(makes sense), but I don't think overspending for a Center is such a great idea for a team like Oakland with holes everywhere.
True, but they are $50M under the cap, so, they have plenty of room.
Stephen W is my guy though, 25 and coming into the height of his game. He would be a huge score the the Rams, I hope they can pull it off....taking for granted the team is interested in him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Just because they have the cap space doesn't necessarily mean they'll spend it. Davis is the poorest owner in the NFL.
True.
They had even more room last year and didn't go spend crazy, which was smart really. I really think that was the issue with Saffold and Oakland last year. I think Davis balked at that contract for an interior lineman.

FRO

Legend
We have had better luck with the Hayes and Britt types than the Finnagen and Long types. Free agency isn't a good way to build a team. You usually overpay for average or damaged talent.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Raiders let Jared Veldheer walk last year possibly thinking they had something more in Menelik Watson. He's been a bit underwhelming and injured though, so maybe they'll be determined to keep Wisniewski to avoid making more holes. The FA o-linemen this year just seem a bit underwhelming. I think the NFL is starting to remember.