What Is It With. . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My advice to young, single men who are looking for "the one" - make a friend, someone who has most of the same interests as you, someone you enjoy spending time with, instead of the hot babe that will break your heart.

Right you are, good sir. Right you are. Gotta have that sexual attraction too though, but a female BFF is what I've always thought was necessary to long term relationships. Polar opposites is fine, but eventually that shit burns out like a mofo and you just wanna kill someone.

That happened with the first girl I ever thought I loved. Yesh. Didn't help she was crazy.

Probably why none of mine lasted in college lol. Just didn't have enough similar interests, if any at all. :ROFLMAO:

Just wham, bam, thank you ma'ms. Quite literally.

Finally found "the one" at age 31. She had the looks and the smarts. Way out of my league though. We'll be married 30 years on June 8th. Got to be honest though, most of the time I have absolutely no idea what the hell she's talking about. It's like she's speaking another language. It's English all right but makes no sense in the context of what we're talking about. As Mr. Spock would say, "Highly illogical."

Isn't that how it always is when you find the "one?" You wonder how the fuck you lucked out? (y)

-Sad fact is, outside of the sexual flirtation, this girl was just plain fun though. Laughed at all my terrible jokes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Gotta have that sexual attraction too though

See, this is where I think it all goes wrong. For the short-term that's fine but not for a long-term relationship or marriage.

About a year before I met "the one," I met another young lady and we hit it off really well. She was ten years younger than me and a "plain Jane" if there ever was one. We had the same interests and she was fun to spend time with but there was zero sexual attraction on my part. Then along came my wife and it was all over.

7k1tyKR.png

That's the other girl sitting next to PT as he encounters "the one"

My marriage has been a roller coaster ride to say the least, while the other girl went through two bad marriages with men who beat her. We're still in contact through Facebook and I sometimes often wonder if I should have gone with the plain one instead of following my lustful instincts. The grass is always greener and all that.

Athos

Legend
See, this is where I think it all goes wrong. For the short-term that's fine but not for a long-term relationship or marriage.

Wait. Aren't we in agreement? :ROFLMAO:

Any relationship is doomed to failure if you aren't sexually compatible.

Gotta be friends.

Gotta have explosive sex.

But, at any rate, I've made one deal with myself.

If I can't get a girl to love baseball, at least follow Tarheel basketball, and like the Dave Matthews Band, she ain't the one. (n)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My son at around age 16, started communicating with a girl on a U2 forum. They both love the band. Heck my son talked my wife into taking him to Ireland so he could see where they lived. He's a fanatic.

So eventually, though this girl is going to TCU at the time, he manages to talk her into visiting him here in Maryland. They meet in person for the first time, he moves in with her, they get married and have been for over 4 years.

My wife just came back from visiting with them out in California. My son and his wife love U2, the Cubs, the Blackhawks, the same movies and music. They watch football, baseball, and hockey together and are constantly going to concerts and movies.

My wife doesn't like sports. We listen to different music. We have practically nothing in common and therefore spend little time together. But she sure was good looking when she was young. So who's the dumbass here? Me.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My wife doesn't like sports. We listen to different music. We have practically nothing in common and therefore spend little time together. But she sure was good looking when she was young. So who's the dumbass here? Me.
The answer is your son for pissing away valuable time and energy by cheering for the Chicago Cubs.

Halfway serious.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The answer is your son for pissing away valuable time and energy by cheering for the Chicago Cubs.

Halfway serious.

That's not all. He's also a Skins fan and still believes it was a great deal for them getting RGIII and giving up all those picks. :eek:

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Sorry for your loss man. I can't imagine how tough that was to handle. I'm also 55 and have been married 28 years and I would have no idea how to negotiate a beaver hunt in today's world. Most of my long time friend's marriages didn't work out and they tell me stories about the insanity that now exists out there in the jungle. Seems like there are no shortage of younger women out there for you but all seem to have an agenda, most to do with the perceived security a guy our age would surely bring to the table. From the outside looking in, it looks like it would be fun to try on a few pair of shoes for fit but the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence isn't it until somebody opens the gate? Good luck out there Ozoneranger!!!!!! Maybe you could do a service to MANkind and write a "how to" book from your experiences? (y)

It still is tough. You're right about greener grass. I would give anything to have her/my old life back.

Grief is the road to bad decisions. I made a couple but fixed them before anyone got hurt. So now I'm dating just the one and we'll see where it goes. Maybe that book will be in the works...

Athos

Legend

BOOOOOOOO! The Cubs?

Isn't that child endangerment? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So eventually, though this girl is going to TCU at the time, he manages to talk her into visiting him here in Maryland. They meet in person for the first time, he moves in with her, they get married and have been for over 4 years.

Daaaaamn. Kid moves fast eh?

That's not all. He's also a Skins fan and still believes it was a great deal for them getting RGIII and giving up all those picks. :eek:

He's not very good at this sports thing, is he? :whistle:

Athos

Legend
Oooooooooooh, fuuuuuuuck, dudes.

True story.

I'm totally fucked up right now.

Toked my first toke last night.
Went out to a strip club with best mates in this city + the girl that's the subject of this thread. Had way too much vodka. Got titties in the face.

And am now talking to said girl again. I've got it bad.

Someone save me from myself! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cracengl

Rookie
Yep. I dealt with a girl who was basically using me to make her guy jealous because she was due to go off to school and he was trying to lose interest. I cut that off real quick and called her out. She got all pissed off, but eventually ended up apologizing. Then she would randomly ask me to do things for her. I told her to ask her boyfriend.

Athos

Legend
Looks like I may have been wrong about this girl. :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't be the first time. :oops:

Wrong in the sense that she wasn't a manipulative bitch after all, just a confused young girl. But they, she's more mature than I was at 21. (y)

Basically gonna have to slow game this shit if I'm still interested.