What if?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Just for fun...no coulda, woulda, shoulda...not pointing fingers are placing blame, etc.

Just curious...use your imagination and speculate where this team would be right now had Rob Ryan been hired as D-coordinator.

Personally, I think his personality would have fit in better than people think and the defense would be playing faster and harder.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agree. But IMO, Fisher doesn't want any coordinator that may upstage him or question the manner is which he runs the team to the players/fans/media. Look at the current coordinators. Total duds! They would never try and upstage him or question him. Ryan would do both because of his ego. I believe this is why he didn't bring back Williams. Coaches with big egos don't want other coaches with big or bigger egos coaching under them. Its a recipe for disaster and a divided locker room.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Just for fun...no coulda, woulda, shoulda...not pointing fingers are placing blame, etc.

Just curious...use your imagination and speculate where this team would be right now had Rob Ryan been hired as D-coordinator.

Personally, I think his personality would have fit in better than people think and the defense would be playing faster and harder.

I don't see a talent surplus on the saints D at all. I'm thinking most of this is scheme and you have something here. Add to that Grubbs and Evans playing OG and you can see that it's the little things that matter. I see their RB's getting a lot more help than ours in that regard. You can't tell me all these Rb's are better than the Rams' guys including the undrafted clown from west Texas A&m they have playing ahead of Ingram. They all find daylight.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MTRamsFan said:
Agree. But IMO, Fisher doesn't want any coordinator that may upstage him or question the manner is which he runs the team to the players/fans/media. Look at the current coordinators. Total duds! They would never try and upstage him or question him. Ryan would do both because of his ego. I believe this is why he didn't bring back Williams. Coaches with big egos don't want other coaches with big or bigger egos coaching under them. Its a recipe for disaster and a divided locker room.

Oh, and Asshole Face DOESN'T have an ego? :boing:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sum1BTRthnU said:
MTRamsFan said:

Oh, and Asshole Face DOESN'T have an ego? :boing:

Good point! :oops:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I agree. Right now the defense is playing too laid back and just listening to the DC it seems like that is something akin to his personality. On defense we need a guy who is loud, boisterous, and not afraid to call guys out. We need someone to fire up this defense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rob's flowing locks would totally piss Snead off, but, I have to believe our defense would be playing at a higher level. Even though the players may not be used to his defensive scheme... I don't think our defense could be playing any worse than it currently is.

But again,,, the hair would be a HUGE problemo.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Selassie I said:
Rob's flowing locks would totally piss Snead off, but, I have to believe our defense would be playing at a higher level. Even though the players may not be used to his defensive scheme... I don't think our defense could be playing any worse than it currently is.

But again,,, the hair would be a HUGE problemo.

You may be onto something there Haile. The conversation probably went like this:

LS: "Welcome to the Rams Rob, now about that hair. You're going to have to chop that off, I wear the locks around here".

RR: "Freak you Snead, I ain't cuttin' my folking hair! See ya!"

V3

Hall of Fame
How exactly could it be any worse? I'd bet everything I own that the D would be better with Ryan than it is now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Would we be running a 3-4? If so, how would you see the parts fitting?

Can Quinn drop into coverage? Can Long? Would Long be playing OLB or 5 tech?

Who has the nose?

Is Ogletree going to be playing on the inside?

I know Ryan looks good for the 4-0 Saints - and I have not been at all pleased with what we are getting from our coordinators - but moving to a 3-4 would come with its own set of headaches - and we have plenty of those as it is.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
12intheBox said:
Would we be running a 3-4? If so, how would you see the parts fitting?

Can Quinn drop into coverage? Can Long? Would Long be playing OLB or 5 tech?

Who has the nose?

Is Ogletree going to be playing on the inside?

I know Ryan looks good for the 4-0 Saints - and I have not been at all pleased with what we are getting from our coordinators - but moving to a 3-4 would come with its own set of headaches - and we have plenty of those as it is.

Rob Ryan has ran a 4-3 in the past...and if you watch the Saints, they play the 4-3 from time to time.