What if Goff looks terrible, for the rest of the season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Until you coach a winning NFL franchise, your "no valid reason" argument doesn't hold a lot of water.
My 44-12 record as a pop warner HC doesn't count, ehh?

Curious, what is the MAIN reason you believe that Case has continued to start? Would anyone sit through a 4 game losing streak that we've witnessed and determine that Goff has no realistic chance to be as good as what's been displayed?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My 44-12 record as a pop warner HC doesn't count, ehh?

Curious, what is the MAIN reason you believe that Case has continued to start? Would anyone sit through a 4 game losing streak that we've witnessed and determine that Goff has no realistic chance to be as good as what's been displayed?
Fair question. I think the reason Goff has not started as of yet is that we had a QB in Case that was a decent back up quality QB and Goff was simply - a rookie. I think Fisher - agree with it or not - doesn't believe you put a rookie (a college junior at that) in at the most important and mentally tough position on the field before he has at least witnessed and wrapped his head around just what the NFL game is like.

I realize many people think the only way for a QB to learn is by putting him under fire. But we've seen it go both ways. What Fisher's MO tells me is that he is less concerned about job security and more about doing what is right for the players. He is known as a player's coach and part of that is he seems to put the players first in many cases.

I honestly think Fisher held Goff back for the long term health (mostly mentally) and training of his young QB. If that meant we didn't make the playoffs, then so be it.

I think that what is not being mentioned is that it is not just about Goff getting to see what other teams do and the other defensive schemes, blitzes, and coverages. It is also about watching what his own team's tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses are.

I can understand if people see it different. I can only guess based on what my own logic and eyes tell me. What I can't get behind is absolutes being spewed as if the fans here or the vast majority of the talking heads out there have any sort of definitive answer as to what is going on with the Rams QB situation. It is all conjecture and guessing - even by those who HAVE been HCs in the NFL.