What if Goff looks terrible, for the rest of the season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's pretty much been my narrative in this and other threads. It's easy to have expectations for the best QB prospect but i'm just nervous, man. If he had to play QB with the garbage WRs Bradford was forced to play with I would understand if he struggled out of the gate. But the fact is this team has weapons. If he fails it's on him and the coaching staff for playing him when he's not ready to even go out there and get all the rookie mistakes out of the way.

In the unlikely situation that he fails, he fails because of Jared Goff. Not because of anyone else. We move on in a couple years. Life continues.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're suggesting I get off on recreational outrage you couldn't further from the truth. I despise those types.. I'm not the one with over 20 posts bitching and moaning about Jeff Fisher and Case Keenum despite the two of them setting us up for finishing with our best record since 2006 and winning games vs two divisional rivals. Anyone who believes Rams beat both AZ and SEA with Goff at QB is downright crazy.
Well..we already did that..with Case Keenum.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Who are all you Goffaholics and Fisher haters going to blame it on? Fisher for not playing him earlier? The OL for not transforming into a legit force to be reckon with? Boras, a OC that may not make it past one full season at the position?

Most of you 'Goff should have been playing since week 1' guys really rub me the wrong way.To me there were obvious reasons Goff wasn't given the ball. Reasons that us fans are rightfully in the dark over and are in no position to criticize. None of us watch practice every day....'but the media said he was ready...get real...'

Doesn't it occur to any of you that maybe Fisher isn't the only coach who would have chosen to not play Goff? Can we acknowledge that maybe Snead screwed this one up or that like in Tennessee with Bud Adams Fisher was forced into taking a player he didn't believe was the answer for long term success in the league? Does it occur to anyone that Boras hasn't exactly proven himself as a respectable OC. Do we really want a rookie plugged into a system run by this guy, putting the kid into a position to fail, creating irreversible damage to the psyche affecting the long run of young JG's career? Rookies are fragile. Confidence is so importiant in this league.

I just think it's hacky to bitch and moan over the HC of your favorite team and not hold any of the talent accountable for their poor performance.

If you hate Fisher so bad, just stop being a fan of the team. He's our coach. We should be rooting for the man and supporting all the difficult decisions he's had to make.

With all of my heart I can honesty pound my chest and scream Let's go Gof! I'm rooting for the kid so much

I hope he shocks the world and carries this team to the dreaded 7 seed. Of course we would have been 12-4 if Goff started since day one. We obviously would have beaten DET(a game were Case undeniably played lights out), Buffalo, NYG, Carolina and SF.

Personally i'm looking forward to watching KB18 finish to year with 1200 yards and 8 tds. Watching Cooper become a major player. Seeing Tavon get balls fired at his chest 2 yards off the line of scrimmage allowing him to get into open space and burning his shoes off. Seeing Brian Quick put up a 200 yard game at Seattle leading the team to Victory. Witnessing Lance Kendricks transfrom into a top 5 pass catching TE. And finally reading about the FA WRs added to the lineup because that want to play playoff caliber football with the phenom Goff in beautiful LA.

Any chance you could make your point without going full "you people"?

Cuz...just saying'...

57642dbfdacec94fd419aba80c6f3a44ece01ee902a6935d3ce70f1fb3c2c16b.jpg

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
If you're suggesting I get off on recreational outrage you couldn't further from the truth. I despise those types.. I'm not the one with over 20 posts bitching and moaning about Jeff Fisher and Case Keenum despite the two of them setting us up for finishing with our best record since 2006 and winning games vs two divisional rivals. Anyone who believes Rams beat both AZ and SEA with Goff at QB is downright crazy.
No what I was actually saying is that your post sounds like something
some attention whore from post dispatch forum would post and that's
exactly what the post is.Garbage.
If you want to post a thought there's a better way to do it than labeling groups
of people and attacking them.You will find out quickly that that kind of BS doesn't
fly around here.

"I just think it's hacky to bitch and moan"
And yet that's what you're doing the whole post.

JackStraw

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not a Fisher apologist. I am a HC apologist in all sports. I've coached High School baseball for 5 years now in a town where there hasn't been raw talent outside of 1-3 kids every 2 years or so. It doesn't matter how much me and my assistants put into our coaching. At the end of the season, if a kid really struggles it's because he didn't want it bad enough. It's not my job to beg a player to increase their interest in the game. I shouldn't have tell them to go home and put in extra work. When I was their age I succeeded and my coaches had very little to do with it. Sports are like most careers, experience is the greatest teacher in the game.

As a coach, once you let your guard down and the kids see you as a cool guy it's almost becomes impossible to motivate them,I can get downright mean and they shake it off because what's really behind the curtain has already been exposed. On the contrary If you don't show your human side they think you're an asshole and will attempt to sabotage the program, because coach hates us.

At all levels in any sport all a coach can simply do is help their students who are passionate who actually want to be become better players. If the athletes don't care it's a wash.

JackStraw

Rookie
No what I was actually saying is that your post sounds like something
some attention whore from post dispatch forum would post and that's
exactly what the post is.Garbage.
If you want to post a thought there's a better way to do it than labeling groups
of people and attacking them.You will find out quickly that that kind of BS doesn't
fly around here.

"I just think it's hacky to bitch and moan"
And yet that's what you're doing the whole post.
What can I say? I hate excuses

Treat people how you want to be treated, it's one of the main concepts I live my life around

Talking shit is something I do with friends and people I respect.If I feel like I can't talk shit and am walking on egg shells when around anybody it's probably because I don't believe that there's any mutual respect.

Like Reggie Jackson said, 'They don't boo nobodies'

RamWoodie

Legend
Fisher wouldn't let that happen anyway. He'd resort back to Keenum and put Goff back in the classroom. He has talent and confidence...but if he were to "stink it up"...you don't let that lead to no confidence.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Treat people how you want to be treated
So your saying you want people to treat you like you treated them in the post?
I don't believe that there's any mutual respect.
There is usually always respect here.There may be disagreements but usually there is respect here as long
as respect is given.People are going to have opinions that differ from yours.

JackStraw

Rookie
So your saying you want people to treat you like you treated them in the post?

There is usually always respect here.There may be disagreements but usually there is respect here as long
as respect is given.People are going to have opinions that differ from yours.
My frustrations really didn't have much to do with Fisher/Goff situation on this forum. It's mostly the lynch mob mentality that's been gaining momentum since the birth of social media in the world we live in. Of course I want to hear opinions that are different than my own. I perceive my views to be no better than anybody else. I'm just not afraid to go against the grain and not just for the sake of going against the grain. I'm passionate, just like most of ya'll.

I take full accountability for making some foolish snap judgement statements. You post, you learn.

TexasRam

Legend
Why would I stop rooting for the Rams just because I can't stand Jeff Fisher?

I have been a Ram fan since 1979 which is 30+ years before Jeff Johnny come
Lately. And I will be a ram fan long after Fisher is retired.

Fishers offense approach is not only outdated and ineffective for more than 7 wins per year but it also borders on insanity (doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result).

I'll give Fisher props where necessary. He has some good traits and always puts together a tough defense and solid special teams.

But I don't want Fisher limiting a huge talent like Goff like Murmur or Schotty did with Bradford.

I'm always open to giving someone a chance to learn and grow and change. So let's see how Fisher approaches Goff and if he pulls a Dick Vermeil and let's his Coordinator open it up more than he's comfortable with.

If Fisher goes into stubborn mode and limits Goff I'll be the first one whipping out my phone to post my complaints.

JackStraw

Rookie
insanity (doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result).
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of stubbornness IMO. It also describes Fisher's coaching philosophy. The game has definetly changed(a lot!) and adjustments are not being made,
Insanity, again IMO, is committing deplorable acts without taking into consideration the consequences
Betting black on roulette over and over and expecting different results is not very responsible, but it's not insane, it's actually a pretty reasonable expectation ;)

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We are still in the playoffs hunt but I don't think any of us think we are a superbowl team this year . So I really don't care if Goff looks horrible for the rest of the year, let him get his feet wet and let him go thru the pains of being a NFL quarterback . I rather see him struggle now then go thru this next season. That said I hope he tears it up and proves everyone wrong !

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Who are all you Goffaholics and Fisher haters going to blame it on?
I just think it's hacky to bitch and moan over the HC of your favorite team and not hold any of the talent accountable for their poor performance.
If you hate Fisher so bad, just stop being a fan of the team. He's our coach. We should be rooting for the man and supporting all the difficult decisions he's had to make.

Bzzzzz. Wrong.

Guess what. It is my worthy opinion that Jeff Fisher is a very below average head coach, bordering on terrible. I do not hate Fisher. I hate how he coaches the team. Just take a close look at our Win-Loss record over the last 4.5 years under Fisher. Also take a look at HIS Win-Loss record for his career. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can keep a straight face and try to tell anyone he's a good coach. He's not.

JackStraw

Rookie
I don't think Fisher is a great coach but I think he's a brilliant OC away from being able to manage this squad into the playoffs for a few years in a row. I admire Fisher for willing to work with high risk personalities and keeping them focused on football, guys like Jenkins, Ogletree, Tru, Pac Man Jones,Britt, Higbee, McNair, Albert Haynesworth, etc
In general, I just get a sense that he's a coach players want to play for, which can be a double edged sword.