What if Goff doesnt work out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
You can't judge Goff playing under Jeff Fisher and Rod Boras, who should be scrubbing toilets rather than coordinating an offense. You can only judge Goff based on how he looks playing for an actual NFL head coach and a real offensive coordinator.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some keep saying they wouldn't start Goff under the current coaching staff, because they are so bad. They need firing, definitely...However, waiting for the perfect situation to start Goff is crazy. Delaying his learning process against real NFL defenses by a whole year, is wasting a year of progress with him. What if Kroenke sticks doggedly to Fisher next year? So do we wait two years to start Goff? (The answer is no)

No rookie QB gets it perfect, and comparing him to Bradford is crazy...Bradford is NOT a franchise QB, because he can't function without things being perfect..He is a high priced back up, imo, and always will be...milking multi-millions for another 5-10 years from team(s) expecting to turn a sows ear into silk cloth.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He doesn't need to "work out". Good nutrition, work hard in practice, should alleviate the need to "work out"
He's a QB not a body builder
200.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Do you really want Fisher teaching this young man the howtobe an NFL QB? I don't. There's a reason why every skill position player has regressed on offense since fisher has come here. The guy is clueless.
:redcard: BS Alert! You can't possibly Believe that our skill position player, Gurley-Britt- Austin are worse than we had in say 2009-2011!
I don't usually say or do anything like this But, in your case ..

Idiot award.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
IF, then we're fucked as it seems right now. This isn't a joke or some miraculous turnaround.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I feel like coaching is the most important thing, and that needs to be fixed long term first and foremost. The Rams as an organization draft better than they have since the Vermiel days now, so the loss of picks is not the end of the world even if the kid doesn't pan out. If they bring in a strong offensive mind who can teach, he will be able to coach up a QB they take whenever to lead this franchise.

I don't think Goff is going to bust though. Quite sure of that as a matter of fact, and that is based on seeing him look so good in camp, in person. I said before that there was not the dropoff everyone's talking about from Keenum to him, or even Mannion to him. That was in practice. The fact he wasn't Joe Montana in the preseason snaps doesn't mean much tbh, because based on what I saw with my own eyes I think he will immediately give us mid to deep strike ability which will pair nicely with Gurley.

Going a step further I'm also going to say the Rams simply should have given him the snaps and preps to lead this team. I realize why Fish bet on Keenum, but Fish made a mistake in allowing himself to think Case is more than what he is. It's pretty clear right now that had they just given the kid all the preps and committed to him from day one to include adjusting the offense to him, like allowing him to run mostly shotgun for example, this offense would be far better off.

But since hindsight is 20/20 I'll go easy on all that. It doesn't matter in the end. All that matters is the way forward right now, and that should be Goff.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Don't let Fishers stupid ass decisions scare you on the kid, Goff has the ability to be a great QB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
"We will rally around Sean Mannion, and we'll play good football."

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Don't let Fishers stupid ass decisions scare you on the kid, Goff has the ability to be a great QB.
It's not Fishers stupid ass decisions that scare me.
It's fishers stupid ass schemes and coaching that i am afraid will
ruin Goff before he has a chance to get started.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If he doesn't work out....Then the high hopes we had for him would be like this...
Uvohma.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher will find a job as a DC for a loosing college team & Snead will never find his way back into the higher personnel positions where he will have any major voice in the drafting of NFL teams again.

Perfect type of Snead quote.
The Rams really looked bad on Mondaybnight !! Guess what ? Fisher & Snead should be worried about not getting an extension. They also better get ready to feel the hot seat.