What if Goff doesnt work out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I am ready to see Goff play, after that embarrassing game Monday night I have already seen enough. I drove around working yesterday and from 9-5 ESPN radio was just slamming our team, " they look worse than the bills and Browns," " set offensive football back 50 years" Why is this happening again? I am ready for Goff, I want to know if he truly has the potential we are hearing about or if he really does deserve to be in street clothes. If he proves to be a bust, our team will struggle for years. I'm truly worried and its only week 2 !

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not even worried about it, this thread is way way way to premature. We likely won't know the answer to this in 2016.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Do you really want Fisher teaching this young man the howtobe an NFL QB? I don't. There's a reason why every skill position player has regressed on offense since fisher has come here. The guy is clueless.

Psycho_X

Legend
Too early for this as others have said. But if it works out like that there is no way Fisher and probably Snead should keep their jobs. You don't mortgage your future for one guy and not pay for it if he sucks or you fail to develop him. And at that point you're probably looking at the next rebuilding project.... again. That's what happens in a nutshell. Fisher's career basically hinges on Goff now.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The Rams traded the farm for Goff for two potential reasons:

1. They understood our QB situation was so god-awful that they had to overpay to ensure they got the best pro-ready rookie to immediately insert to give this team a chance to win this season; and/or

2. They felt Goff was a once in a generation talent worthy of trading so many picks, and he can help this franchise win for the next decade.

#1 is gone, but #2 is still a possibility, so all we can do is hang in there. Plus even if Goff is a dud, "remember the Redskins" -- that's now our Alamo motto -- for they managed to survive the RGIII debacle and became a playoff team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher will find a job as a DC for a loosing college team & Snead will never find his way back into the higher personnel positions where he will have any major voice in the drafting of NFL teams again.

jap

Legend
What if Goff doesn't work out? We will all commit harikari and end our collective torture.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Goff doesn't pan out, we're fucked.

But he will pan out. Don't worry.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesn't need to "work out". Good nutrition, work hard in practice, should alleviate the need to "work out"
He's a QB not a body builder

JerseyRam1

Rookie
You really never know. Thats why coaching an scheme is more important in football than any other sport.

Trent Green didn't work out, but #13 sure as well did.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Goff will be a franchise QB. I feel certain of that.

Now, what I'm not certain of is whether Fisher is the HC to see that Goff quickly develops.

Frankly, I have my doubts.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I vote for ritual seppuku....(notice the lack of blue font)

jap

Legend
If Goff doesn't pan out, we're freaked.

But he will pan out. Don't worry.

Not worried in the least about that young kid. However, everyone sees what happens now when NFL DC's can game plan for a guy as limited as Case, especially the DC's in the NFC West who play us twice a year and know us better than anyone else. That's why we need an accurate QB with a big arm to spread the field vertically and horizontally and relax the intense focus on the Express! Case is better coming in off the bench when he is not a defensive game planning key.

jap

Legend
You really never know. Thats why coaching an scheme is more important in football than any other sport.

Trent was doing extremely well in the pre-season until he went down. The frightening thing is: if Trent stayed healthy, we may never have known how good Kurt could be.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hire Martz as a consultant and let him craft you an offense. I miss the days of his Coryell variant.

Martyball isn't going to cut it.

Bruce2980

Starter
The Rams traded the farm for Goff for two potential reasons:

1. They understood our QB situation was so god-awful that they had to overpay to ensure they got the best pro-ready rookie to immediately insert to give this team a chance to win this season; and/or

2. They felt Goff was a once in a generation talent worthy of trading so many picks, and he can help this franchise win for the next decade.

#1 is gone, but #2 is still a possibility, so all we can do is hang in there. Plus even if Goff is a dud, "remember the Redskins" -- that's now our Alamo motto -- for they managed to survive the RGIII debacle and became a playoff team.
You forgot #3. Fisher may have traded the farm for Goff in order to have another excuse to stay on as a HC. If that is the case then that explains why Goff is not able to beat out Keenum or Mannion. Fisher was and is in no hurry to develop Goff, as he has even said, and that's why he isn't ready. The longer it takes Goff to get ready the longer Fisher has a job, or at least an excuse to not be successful. If Goff starts soon and looks better than Keenum, that's bad for Fisher. If Goff plays and looks bad, that's bad for Fisher. Had Fisher done everything to get Goff ready and started him week one Fish would not be in this no win situation. Keenum exposed Fisher's game, big time, hahahahahaha

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I see this statement often and I think it's apples and oranges...That team had Holt and Bruce (I could really stop there) That team had a terrific O-line...The cherry on top ? No disrespect to Gurley (I believe he will be great), but that team had MARSHALL FAULK...

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Goff is gonna work out, but if something otherwise happens we are in football hell
train
I'm already there! Monday night's game just closed the door permanently.
2016-09-14-10-58-14-589427638.jpg