What if Fisher keeps Schotty this offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
IMO there will be several changes to the Coaching Staff..Schottenheimer will announce he's leaving to take a collegiate position IMO and WR Coach Ray Sherman needs to be shown the door. Reassign Walton and bring in a veteran DC. Seems to me Walton was forced to play the style last night and that is the defense the Rams should've been playing from the outset.

Man, I hope you're right. That would get me very pumped up.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He didn't have a lot of poor decisions, he had just as many as any other qb would make. And throws into tight coverage?? U got to be kidding me, not saying clemens is good but GOOD qbs consistantly throw into tight coverage, double teams, some times triple teams. Sometimes u just gotta try to make a play and that's what he was doing on some plays. U are right about the picks, but what did u expect? He is a career backup for a reason. He played just aa I expected him to. He will probably throw atleast one pick a game.

And look at that last play. Quick didn't line up right, clemens had to tell him where to go and then who runs an out route in the endzone in that situation? Or was that an out route? When I first seen that touted u knew it was wrong, on the post game show on the radio they confirmed it was wrong.

When I say tight coverage, I mean with guys riding his WRs back, like his throws to Austin and Cook, with DBs draped on them so much they were a part of their consciousness. That wasn't making a play, that was just making horrible decisions, the best that could have happened in those situations would be that Austin and Cook hold on and then get blown up by their man and run the risk of being injured.

As for Quick's play, that's on him yes, but that's one drop in Clemens bad play that doesn't belong to him. The negative he did outweighs his pros.

nighttrain

Legend
Fair enough. It definitely could have been better, but he's a backup for a reason. I thought he extended some drives that could have stalled if he didn't break out the big balls tonight. And all the issues we've had with Bradford not getting protection were not solved tonight either.
but he's a backup for a reason
I'd like to see some Brady Quinn to tell ya the truth, Clemens did what he did during the preseason, overthrowing or underthrowing, the guy is just not my cup of tea
train

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Something needs to be done about this offense and their piss-poor red zone execution. Is it the play calls? Lack of confidence/trust? Execution? All of the above? Whatever the case is, when it comes to performance in the red zone, I can't help but feel like Schotty and the entire offense are like this guy regarding sales/TDs...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Something needs to be done about this offense and their piss-poor red zone execution. Is it the play calls? Lack of confidence/trust? Execution? All of the above? Whatever the case is, when it comes to performance in the red zone, I can't help but feel like Schotty and the entire offense are like this guy regarding sales/TDs...
Or we just need more away games. Rams are ranked 4th in the league in redzone scoring percentage on the road.
At home, they're 29th. :shifty: