What if Davis repeats his performance?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What if Davis repeats his performance? Might be a loss. I think they'll need more than a few FG's through 3 plus quarters to win. We need to say what if Davis improves and gets the ball in the endzone.

I don't know how people are finding ways to blame those sacks on Davis.

Same way people were able to blame Sam for 4 years, he clearly isn't elevating his OL to the point where they can keep him from getting sacked in less than 3 seconds (2 in the first instance).

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Quite frankly if we score 1 rushing TD and no passing TD's again this week we will lose. Davis was OK against a marginal team. But he is going to have to get us in the end zone this week, IMO to warrant starting again.

EDIT- If he leads us to 4 rushing TD's well that's another story :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Davis repeats his performance; good problem to have!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Davis repeats his performance and we win, the entire NFL is going to be rethinking the Rams. If Davis is the starter in week 5 at the Eagles and we win again, look the hell out! Then it becomes the little train that could and a story the whole world will be watching.

209RamsFan

If he repeats his performance & a win or throws 2 Tds and a win...or leads us to a come from behind win....fisher would be a moron NOT to stay with the hot hand

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I believe a lot of fans are overestimating Hill's ability. He is not a starter level talent regardless of how good his stats look. Comparing him straight up to Davis from preseason on to now the difference I see in the two is that Davis does a better job sustaining drives.

Fish hates QB controversies, it's true. But IF Davis plays that well again Fish has a controversy on his hands. A coach cannot avoid it sometimes, and honestly I hope Davis brings things to that point.

Rambition

Rookie
cfph.gif

poppin1.gif

gddy.gif
LOL
do you always get this excited by hypothetical questions?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If Davis has another game where he makes clutch throws like he did last week, I think Fisher will start him over Hill. Davis keeps this up and he'll be on this team as the #2/spot starter QB for awhile. I honestly see his career path to be exactly like Hill's has been. How nice would that be to have a capable guy in place in order to draft next year?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Can we throw in a couple TD's on his "repeat performance?" Its a good if Stacy gets the touches, though.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think they should go back to hill, but I alao want to see Keenum in a game as I think he is better then either Hill or Davis.

RamWoodie

Legend
I've been a Davis fan since he was drafted, and thought he was a good back up for Sam. That said...let's take first things first. Davis did a very good job last week...but he's still young and needs more game time...even if he does well and gets a win over Dallas, that doesn't mean he's arrived...but he will be arriving. He'll still have a lot to learn.

You can't argue with Fisher going with Hill...but you'll know he won't hesitate to go to Davis if Hill isn't getting it done.