What if Davis repeats his performance?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Willie

Starter
All Fisher has to say is that Hill is still not healthy (who among the players is 100 percent healthy) and give Davis another week to prove himself. If Davis proves himself multiple weeks, Fisher can make the move without creating a QB controversy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wail, Davis has been getting better with every game dating back to preseason. If he continues to show improvement then I think it makes it that much harder of a choice.

If Fisher chooses Davis, assuming he wins this week, you won't hear any complaints from me.

But I think everyone is expecting too much from him. He is playing good but also making rookie mistakes like taking sacks. In the end, with a sample size of both, I think Hill will win out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe Fisher is just planning on playing head games with the opponents each week in terms of which QB to gameplan for. All three QB's are likely career backups and stop gap solutions. One could argue a reason to stick with any one of these guys.
Why not just fuck with the opposing DC's all year?
200.gif

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Fisher chooses Davis, assuming he wins this week, you won't hear any complaints from me.

But I think everyone is expecting too much from him. He is playing good but also making rookie mistakes like taking sacks. In the end, with a sample size of both, I think Hill will win out.

Sound reasoning, man. Good thing is the Cowboys have basically no pass rushers and a very suspect LB'ing core. This could be a great situation for a young passer to build some confidence and continue to tweak his game.

A few things I'd like to see him improve on.

-General chemistry with the WR's
- Every now and again he miss badly on routine passes, it's murder to my eyes. He's gotten better at it, though.
- Wish there was some way he could get more zip on the ball. His arm is so very average...
- Deep balls, the defenses aren't worried about him taking the top off. Quick failed to real in a good ball from him, though.

I just don't know what we have in Davis. My curiosity slightly leans me in his favor. However, I agree Hill gets the nod when healthy.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Last time he was a starter he ranked 12th in the league?

We don't have a sample size on either QB playing for the Rams, but Hill has a lot of qualities you want.
You mean starting for someone else then? When was that?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sound reasoning, man. Good thing is the Cowboys have basically no pass rushers and a very suspect LB'ing core. This could be a great situation for a young passer to build some confidence and continue to tweak his game.

A few things I'd like to see him improve on.

-General chemistry with the WR's
- Every now and again he miss badly on routine passes, it's murder to my eyes. He's gotten better at it, though.
- Wish there was some way he could get more zip on the ball. His arm is so very average...
- Deep balls, the defenses aren't worried about him taking the top off. Quick failed to real in a good ball from him, though.

I just don't know what we have in Davis. My curiosity slightly leans me in his favor. However, I agree Hill gets the nod when healthy.

I'm curious too. He can prove me wrong all day!

Athos

Legend
At that point even though he said Hill is the man he has to stay with Hill. If not he risks angering players and he doesn't seem to be the kinda guy who does that.

He shouldn't have to coddle grown men. You either play your best hand or you don't. One makes you quality coach imo, the other makes you....well. Spags and Mike Matheny-esque.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Thanks. What I'm saying is that if Davis continues to impress again this week he's done more...for us. And, imo deserves/has earned it.

He would have to really impress. Beating Tampa by 2 points wasn't as impressive as some may think. A lot of that was taking sacks he shouldn't have taken. He played well though for his first start ever. This will be a whole different level of challenge.

In the end, I just can't see Fisher starting him in the tough games unless he just lights it up.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He shouldn't have to coddle grown men. You either play your best hand or you don't. One makes you quality coach imo, the other makes you....well. Spags and Mike Matheny-esque.
I think Les might have typo'd their but not sure.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Fisher will play whichever QB he thinks gives best chance to win that week. If he thinks its Hill, then Hill it will be. Game at a time...
exactly , next year may never come, until we are mathematically eliminated we should and will play for this year

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He would have to really impress. Beating Tampa by 2 points wasn't as impressive as some may think. A lot of that was taking sacks he shouldn't have taken. He played well though for his first start ever. This will be a whole different level of challenge.

In the end, I just can't see Fisher starting him in the tough games unless he just lights it up.

He only got sacked two times.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

I agree with you that Fisher probably will go back to Hill. He has said as much. The opinion was mine.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree with you that Fisher probably will go back to Hill. He has said as much. The opinion was mine.

I see where you're coming from. I might think the same in a few games. Right now though, in that middle stretch, Rams are going to need a savvy and experienced QB. Some of those defenses are brutal.

Athos

Legend

Well, he only had two sacks. I can't remember them, I'll have to check, but one wasn't totally on him. Yea, he could have gotten the ball out sooner, but it was a protection break. Furthermore, the Falcons got to play TB the whole way without McCoy and I'm convinced after the Rams loss, they were out of it before the game began.

On our TD drive, Davis went 3-3 for 34 yards with Stacy finishing it off.

TB controlled the ball for 9 min 11 seconds in the 1st quarter. We had ONE possession in the 1st.

1st possession in the 2nd QTR, we started on the 2.

Wells had a misplay in the 2nd.

But again, our D couldn't get themselves off the field.

TB ToP was 10:15 sec.

In the 3rd, Davis had us moving down the field for 35 yards before Stacy coughed the ball up. (Not Davis' fault).

Davis led us on 2 5ish minutes drives in the 4th though to get us the win. Maybe not TDs, but we have to remember this was also his first full career start. I'd actually think that was impressive. Don't think TB didn't want this win badly at home after a close loss to the Panthers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Controversies inside locker rooms about players happen all the time though, grown men or not they are still people and have emotions.