What I would like to see Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
One of the things I would love to see Sunday is what I think the Ram's projected starting D-line of the future is going to be.

DE Lewis
NT Robinson
DT Donald
JACK Floyd

Robinson gives them a player at NT that can be a force much in the way Suh was. That type of play in the middle will pay dividends for AD. With Floyd and Lewis they have speed off the edges. I loved the way Lewis showed how he can set a hard edge Monday and IMO Brockers doesn't make that play because he lacks the athleticism to do it. With Robinson and AD collapsing the interior o-line and with speed off the edges (both sides for the first time) this could be far better than 2018's version. I think AD's production will again soar. I don't see a 5 man o-line being able to protect on passes and running will be very difficult especially inside. If they unleash this d-line against Miami, Tua won't stand a chance and Gaskin will have to try to run on the perimeter.

That D-line and their secondary can make this defense very special, a true top 5 unit. Everyone keeps harping about the ILB position. With that D-line and the way it's going to force teams to pass to win, the Rams are only going to play their MIKE. Kiser and with Reeder in rotation have shown they are fine. Staley can use a SS instead of Young. Young isn't being used as an ILB anyway. He's playing as a 3rd safety. So he can simply use a 3rd safety in the box to play that role. Just play Rapp in the box with Johnson and Scott (until Burgess returns) behind.

My only concern is that Staley will revert to his soft defense if he gets complacent. His scheme on Monday was exactly how this defense should be played. He used his personnel well and played to their strengths. It showed he knows how to game plan in that manner. He simply needs to build upon it (because I'm tired of yelling at him). :shitlogo:

I want to see McVay come out on fire, and pound at a weak defense with the run game. But most of all to quit going away from what works and simply outsmarting himself which leads to those dead possession. In keeping with that Sean must never take his foot off the gas, if it turns into a 40-0 blowout so be it. He needs to quit trying to be "honorable" and understand the NFL is a take no prisoners BUSINESS not a friendly game among friends. He needs to stomp on that pedal and not let off until there is nothing but zeros on the clock.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our biggest problem up front has been 5T. So I'm guessing most of Robinson's sub time will be there. Thing is we don't know how he's looked in practice so it's impossible to say how many snaps he should get.

But in a perfect world (where Robinson is ready to play at the level he has shown at times he can play at) he would take 60 to 70 percent of the 5T snaps and Brock becomes a super sub you bounce around to spell either 5T or 3T. Donald getting a blow on some run downs would make this line better IMO.

Fox is going to lose snaps too of course which is a shame. But Staley should be able to rotate these guys enough to where he'll get his looks.

NT all I can say is I really like Gaines' film in the snaps he's had. Thing with Gaines is those short arms so he's probably gotta stay inside. SJD and him should handle most NT snaps but SJD can move around too, he can do some 5T if needed.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
What I would like to see for the entire season...
1bc60169-4b31-4cde-9eb6-f65b3137084b_screenshot.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One of the things I would love to see Sunday is what I think the Ram's projected starting D-line of the future is going to be.

DE Lewis
NT Robinson
DT Donald
JACK Floyd

Robinson gives them a player at NT that can be a force much in the way Suh was. That type of play in the middle will pay dividends for AD. With Floyd and Lewis they have speed off the edges. I loved the way Lewis showed how he can set a hard edge Monday and IMO Brockers doesn't make that play because he lacks the athleticism to do it. With Robinson and AD collapsing the interior o-line and with speed off the edges (both sides for the first time) this could be far better than 2018's version. I think AD's production will again soar. I don't see a 5 man o-line being able to protect on passes and running will be very difficult especially inside. If they unleash this d-line against Miami, Tua won't stand a chance and Gaskin will have to try to run on the perimeter.

That D-line and their secondary can make this defense very special, a true top 5 unit. Everyone keeps harping about the ILB position. With that D-line and the way it's going to force teams to pass to win, the Rams are only going to play their MIKE. Kiser and with Reeder in rotation have shown they are fine. Staley can use a SS instead of Young. Young isn't being used as an ILB anyway. He's playing as a 3rd safety. So he can simply use a 3rd safety in the box to play that role. Just play Rapp in the box with Johnson and Scott (until Burgess returns) behind.

My only concern is that Staley will revert to his soft defense if he gets complacent. His scheme on Monday was exactly how this defense should be played. He used his personnel well and played to their strengths. It showed he knows how to game plan in that manner. He simply needs to build upon it (because I'm tired of yelling at him). :shitlogo:

I want to see McVay come out on fire, and pound at a weak defense with the run game. But most of all to quit going away from what works and simply outsmarting himself which leads to those dead possession. In keeping with that Sean must never take his foot off the gas, if it turns into a 40-0 blowout so be it. He needs to quit trying to be "honorable" and understand the NFL is a take no prisoners BUSINESS not a friendly game among friends. He needs to stomp on that pedal and not let off until there is nothing but zeros on the clock.

Lets remind McVay beforehand that Brian Flores hit his offense pretty hard in the Superbowl. Flores will likely try a similar attack defensively. McVay should be ready for it and want some revenge.

TexasRam

Legend

DE Lewis
NT Robinson
DT Donald
JACK Floyd

I agree for the most part. It's not a given quite yet that Lewis can even be a consistent player in this league, but I like the potential. Lewis and Robinson could potentially put this defense over the edge. Young needs to be phased out as he is a liability, but with Fuller coming back we have lots of options. It should probably be play dependent and game dependent. I don't want Reeder on the field at all vs the Seahwawks or its just a free first down for Wilson. However, vs the Niners I might want Reeder in there.

Staley does need to stay aggressive. I have loved the multiple looks and blitzes as of late. Hell, even if we get burnt deep once or twice it doesnt matter. Keeping QB's hurried and confused will result in more turnovers and opportunities for our offense, which if we had a FG kicker, would just have scored 27 points vs a top defense. And that was in 3 QTR's before we went into burn clock mode. Let that marinate for a minute.