What I think on the bomb against JJ and McD--

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why did McLeod take the blame during the game?
Probably because they both read the coverage wrong. Jenkins is in man a majority of the time no matter what the rest of the defense is doing, but there's also a possibility that the receiver optioned the deep route on a sight adjustment too. Do we know what his route was pre-snap?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably because they both read the coverage wrong. Jenkins is in man a majority of the time no matter what the rest of the defense is doing, but there's also a possibility that the receiver optioned the deep route on a sight adjustment too. Do we know what his route was pre-snap?

I could guess but with how complex options are at the NFL, it wouldn't be an educated guess.

I'm very certain that this wasn't man. It was a Cover 6 shell which meant quarters for Jenkins and McLeod. Now, Jenkins might have been responsible for Sanders when the ball left Peyton's hand...as he was on the borderline between McLeod's and Jenkins' zone.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Fisher mentioned there were at least 2 other big blown coverages. wish I could get a look at those plays. it is EXTREMLY important in this style of defense that you have a very intelligent and disciplined free safety back there to save these type of plays from happening. in other games this mishap has crushed the Rams momentum. it's imparative this safety problem get fixed either this season if ppl wanna still talk playoffs or most definitely in the offseason if this D wants to come in next year and truly dominate on every level.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I could guess but with how complex options are at the NFL, it wouldn't be an educated guess.

I'm very certain that this wasn't man. It was a Cover 6 shell which meant quarters for Jenkins and McLeod. Now, Jenkins might have been responsible for Sanders when the ball left Peyton's hand...as he was on the borderline between McLeod's and Jenkins' zone.
I didn't say the coverage was man. Just that Jenkins often plays man in all coverages. In this case, however, I'll agree that he released Sanders to McLeod which would certainly suggest he was playing zone. I don't know if he communicated that he was releasing Sanders, or if he was even supposed to, but this isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, IMO. There was more than this one busted coverage in that game. I think McLeod is growing in this scheme, but it's going to be a difficult process. He's obviously responsible for a lot as the high safety, and once the communication and chemistry is on point, there will be less of these things to discuss. Hopefully.