What I learned this week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Todd Gurley needs to learn patience like Le'veon Bell.

McVay has the creativity our offense has missed since Martz, but he hasn't yet figured out how to be effective in the Red Zone. We will gain yards but struggle for TD's next year. Martz developed Trent Green from the Skins like McVay did Cousins, but that's where the comparison starts. It ends with the creativity being a double edged sword like McDaniels trying to make Bradford like Brady but with an inferior OLine and longer developing plays. We don't have Trent Williams at LT and the rest of the OLine is less than average when Saffold is injured as usual.

Phillips is much sounder than Williams as a coordinator but the scheme will similarly be boom or bust next year, we need at least three new players on defense.

Good playoff teams have top QB's and solid OLines. Don't believe the pre-season hype. Next year will be filled with growing pains. 2018 will be the measuring stick.

Alex Mack makes Matty Ice look twice as good as he did last year. I pounded the table for DeCastro and though he got hurt early...I was right.

This administration likes Gaines but will seek a top corner this offseason opposite Johnson whom they will retain. God only know what Phillips will do with Joyner but the answer will determine how this defense will be structured.

McVay is waiting for his OCoordinator to uncover after the Super Bowl... his original plan was scrapped by the Fins. Still don't know his second choice. I'm praying for a top OLine coach.

Tavon will finally see his potential fulfilled. McVay likes Kendricks more than most of us do. Cook only catches for the Pack. McVay likes NONE of our receivers though I expect Spruce will finally get his chance. Expect a FA signing here.

Fisher lost his coaches and superiors somewhere along the way in the second half of the season. At least the brass was smart enough to do what it took to keep Bones. I believe the players quit on Boras because he was consistently out coached and that reflected on Fisher.

It took Vermeil three years to completely change the Ram culture. It took Jimmy Johnson two. Please give McVay a little more than a year. Next year will be ugly...inevitable...but necessary.

I HATE MCVAY'S SF ROOTS!!!! It's almost as bad as watching Ike Bruce and Hacksaw Reynolds in that hideous uniform. But what choice do I have? He's my Coach and I will pull for him like I did Spags, Brooks, and Linehan...but it's gonna be a struggle. Well...until he gets a Lombardi Trophy. Then I will conveniently forget what today I realize.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

McVay has the creativity our offense has missed since Martz, but he hasn't yet figured out how to be effective in the Red Zone. We will gain yards but struggle for TD's next year. Martz developed Trent Green from the Skins like McVay did Cousins, but that's where the comparison starts. It ends with the creativity being a double edged sword like McDaniels trying to make Bradford like Brady but with an inferior OLine and longer developing plays. We don't have Trent Williams at LT and the rest of the OLine is less than average when Saffold is injured as usual.

Phillips is much sounder than Williams as a coordinator but the scheme will similarly be boom or bust next year, we need at least three new players on defense.

Good playoff teams have top QB's and solid OLines. Don't believe the pre-season hype. Next year will be filled with growing pains. 2018 will be the measuring stick.

Alex Mack makes Matty Ice look twice as good as he did last year. I pounded the table for DeCastro and though he got hurt early...I was right.

This administration likes Gaines but will seek a top corner this offseason opposite Johnson whom they will retain. God only know what Phillips will do with Joyner but the answer will determine how this defense will be structured.

McVay is waiting for his OCoordinator to uncover after the Super Bowl... his original plan was scrapped by the Fins. Still don't know his second choice. I'm praying for a top OLine coach.

Tavon will finally see his potential fulfilled. McVay likes Kendricks more than most of us do. Cook only catches for the Pack. McVay likes NONE of our receivers though I expect Spruce will finally get his chance. Expect a FA signing here.

Fisher lost his coaches and superiors somewhere along the way in the second half of the season. At least the brass was smart enough to do what it took to keep Bones. I believe the players quit on Boras because he was consistently out coached and that reflected on Fisher.

It took Vermeil three years to completely change the Ram culture. It took Jimmy Johnson two. Please give McVay a little more than a year. Next year will be ugly...inevitable...but necessary.

I HATE MCVAY'S SF ROOTS!!!! It's almost as bad as watching Ike Bruce and Hacksaw Reynolds in that hideous uniform. But what choice do I have? He's my Coach and I will pull for him like I did Spags, Brooks, and Linehan...but it's gonna be a struggle. Well...until he gets a Lombardi Trophy. Then I will conveniently forget what today I realize.

Really ??? HATE -- I don't see his connection with Hackshaw ?? I see Nruce Allen roots with the front office &
Coaching. I see the Saints in Wade ??
Oh & Manning . I guess the trophy does change things ..
I see more Tampa Bay & if Ricky Proel doesn't make that catch your looking at Dungy instead of Chuckie !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Trent Green played how many games for Mad Mike ?? Talk about not respect the offense line. Why did Kurt Warner leave The Rams ??? Then Mike followed.
Don't forget he was a freaking trader to the enemy !!! Not the biggest fan.

I Hate how the front office locked him out from coming back after his head injury.Talk about classless. JZ was a tool. He held SJ39 out a few times. Locking him out was worse than Fisher with McNair & Vince Young.
-- Why create that ?? Wonder about the bargaining agreement ?? Fisher never really talked shop. There is a reason why players & coaches stay away from each other in the offseason. I think some of it is BS !! As a fan the off-season is now.Want for the draft stinks.Then the NFL made it longer to wait ?? I do like the 3 days. It works better for udfa's
Les Snead & The Rams scouts have done an excellent job there !! Les is better & will be better for his Fisher experience.
He will flourish with McVay.

TexasRam

Legend
It's hard to learn patience when your O-line cannot sustain blocks. There is literally multiple defenders breaking through blocks into the backfield the longer Gurley pauses. I think patience is very important in a run game with a solid O-line and passing game that is respectable. Gurley doesn't have either one of those luxuries. I feel for Gurley. Imagine playing a high school team with a middle school O-line. That is what he lived in 2016.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

First thing I do is get rid of Roger Saffold & wish he would have never comeback. Talk about a trader(Raider) !!He talks crap about Goff being a leader & being accountable.Maybe it's coaching as well ???

Let's take a look.First talk about Cook ??
He was frustrating at times , but he made some big plays. He was also spied on because of bad WR. -- Jared Cook was a cap relieve is all.Long & JL55.The JJ & Rodney. -- 7-9 vs 4-12

Case Keenum played better than he gets credit for.Look at last six games of 2015.
Should have won Against Baltimore. Fisher should have known about him & never let him go in for another play. Talk about an EMBARRASSED Rams fan..Reggie should have stepped up. Must have been totally afraid ??

Who played offensive line last year in 2015 ?? Why was Gurley so much better ?? Sylvester was gone & Skip Peete came in.

Reynolds & a rookie line vs. Saffold healthy all year & same line in there 2nd year .

Cousins didn't have Marshall Faulk in the red zone.SJ39 was tough as well. Who did McVay have at RB ?? I remember at Washington after Fisher(egg on face) rubbed the RG111 thing in on Washington & Bruce Allen(u need to see the Decon Jones football live) ,by bringing in all the draft picks out as team captains.
That next year McVay just owned Williams. Yes Trent Williams(Bradfords blanket) played like a AP.

McVay says he coaches through players strengths, Like Greg Williams always said.He will play to There strengths.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's hard to learn patience when your O-line cannot sustain blocks. There is literally multiple defenders breaking through blocks into the backfield the longer Gurley pauses. I think patience is very important in a run game with a solid O-line and passing game that is respectable. Gurley doesn't have either one of those luxuries. I feel for Gurley. Imagine playing a high school team with a middle school O-line. That is what he lived in 2016.

Whatever he lived. He still needs to show flashes of finding holes. I do remember a few plays against Arizona it was 2nd & 15 after a basic run play. That was sad. Hard to tell. Saffold needs to go at his cap figure. He is a loser his full career. Even at Indiana he never was on a winning team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree. It won't happen fast.

I am not going to think for one minute The Rams will be less than a 8-8 team.

I'll agree with Fisher !! The Rams are not a 7-9 team, they just had poor coaching.
Ask Gisher why he was Fired ?? He will tell you he was never going to be a long term Rams coach. Then again he got paid for 7 years without even a .500 season !!! Take Saffold with him. He has been a loser forever.

Like Isaid before the season . As long as Chase Teynolds is on the team The Rams will be bad.
Add Rhaney ?? Then again maybe it is coaching ?? The Rams have struck out singing FAi centers
& drafting a LT.

Aaron Rogers or Alex Barron ??

Then Jason Smith the helmet collector & Greg Robinson(who has all the tools) who has played really poorly for such a rich man.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am not going to think for one minute The Rams will be less than a 8-8 team.

I'll agree with Fisher !! The Rams are not a 7-9 team, they just had poor coaching.
Ask Gisher why he was Fired ?? He will tell you he was never going to be a long term Rams coach. Then again he got paid for 7 years without even a .500 season !!! Take Saffold with him. He has been a loser forever.

Like Isaid before the season . As long as Chase Teynolds is on the team The Rams will be bad.
Add Rhaney ?? Then again maybe it is coaching ?? The Rams have struck out singing FAi centers
& drafting a LT.

Aaron Rogers or Alex Barron ??

Then Jason Smith the helmet collector & Greg Robinson(who has all the tools) who has played really poorly for such a rich man.
9897e069af3b43e9b11e70d0a43524c2.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Alex Mack makes Matty Ice look twice as good as he did last year.

And there it is. A good center like Mack is worth a big contract. Why the Rams didn't sign him is a mystery. Did we not have enough cap room? The man is expensive but well worth it.

In 2014 the Jaguars offered Mack a five-year contract, worth reportedly $42 million and the Browns matched it. Mack signed a five-year, $45 million contract with the Falcons at the beginning of the 2016 season, including $28.5 million in guaranteed money.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I keep saying it. All McSnead's dreams will not come to pass unless they fix the dumpster fire they call an OL. Their fist priority should be the OL. They need to hire a wizard of an OL coach.

IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I keep saying it. All McSnead's dreams will not come to pass unless they fix the dumpster fire they call an OL. Their fist priority should be the OL. They need to hire a wizard of an OL coach.

IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT.

Spags & Delaney said they were going to build the team inside out . Then they draft Jason Smith #2 over all . That worked out great .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
McVay likes NONE of our receivers
How do you know this^! Where did you hear it!?

I HATE MCVAY'S SF ROOTS!!!! It's almost as bad as watching Ike Bruce and Hacksaw Reynolds in that hideous uniform.
Yep! These^ where very difficult times for Rams Fans!!!! :palm:
Letting Hacksaw go was one of the Biggest mistakes I have ever seen the Rams make!!:seizure:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How do you know this^! Where did you hear it!?

He was asked which players on offense impressed him the most. Answer: Goff, Gurley, Austin, and Kendricks. To me, omissions speak volumes.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm definitely not expecting overnight success, but I'm expecting a watchable offense. I watched the Packers/Cowboys game, and in that final drive I thought "Wow, if Fisher was coaching this team, he would play it safe and send this game to overtime". That sack on Rodgers could have been a fumble or he could have thrown an int to give the Cowboys a chance. It was a gamble, but it was with an offense that put the game in their own hands and attacked the field. That is what I want to see, more than a .500 record next year. I want an offense that goes into attack mode instead of the lame duck offense we witnessed these last few years.