What has happened to Rams WR Stedman Bailey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I have a genuine question which I'll pre-empt by saying that I've never played the game nor have I grown up with it so I'm less knowledgable than just about everyone on here but...

Is Bailey actually as good as everyone on here thinks he is? Obviously as Rams fans we're prone to overstating how good our players are and I'm beginning to believe that this is the case more and more especially after Sunday and I'm wondering if Bailey is one of these players.

I'm led to believe that he is a great route runner with great hands so should get open often and make plays but I'm not sure we've really ever seen it. Also, he was a fifth round pick for a reason maybe?

I'm not trolling and I know there a lot of Bailey fans on here but I've now gone past the point where I'm willing to blindly accept that this team is as talented as I have thought in the past (with the exception of Quinn and Donald off the top of my head).

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, Cook and Jenkins kind of suck. At best, very overrated. And I'd say the RBs are average (but good enough). Otherwise, yes, there is too much talent on this team for them to continue to be so bad.

Cook is the best TE the Rams have ever had. I think it's fair to say he's overpaid but "kind of suck" isn't reasonable IMHO. Jenkins is looking over rated some but I think he's a raw talent. He's made some key errors but he's also shut down some very good receivers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have a genuine question which I'll pre-empt by saying that I've never played the game nor have I grown up with it so I'm less knowledgable than just about everyone on here but...

Is Bailey actually as good as everyone on here thinks he is? Obviously as Rams fans we're prone to overstating how good our players are and I'm beginning to believe that this is the case more and more especially after Sunday and I'm wondering if Bailey is one of these players.

I'm led to believe that he is a great route runner with great hands so should get open often and make plays but I'm not sure we've really ever seen it. Also, he was a fifth round pick for a reason maybe?

I'm not trolling and I know there a lot of Bailey fans on here but I've now gone past the point where I'm willing to blindly accept that this team is as talented as I have thought in the past (with the exception of Quinn and Donald off the top of my head).

I think we don't know how good Bailey is. He was HUGE in college. He still has ZERO drops in his NFL career. He's made some great plays here and there. I can't tell you if he's not being targeted or not getting open. Maybe someone else has been watching him closer.

Right now I'd still say he's has excellent skills. Great route running, elusive after the catch, great hands.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
RamzFanz is right.

It would be a big mistake on Schotty's part not to include Bailey as a big part of his game plan.

The kid can be very productive if given half a chance.

Athos

Legend
Bailey scored like crazy in college. And in the RZ to boot. They need to just draw plays up better for him.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think we don't know how good Bailey is. He was HUGE in college. He still has ZERO drops in his NFL career. He's made some great plays here and there. I can't tell you if he's not being targeted or not getting open. Maybe someone else has been watching him closer.

Right now I'd still say he's has excellent skills. Great route running, elusive after the catch, great hands.
i agree about route running and great hands but hes not very elusive at all. The las couple games ive seen hes only gotten open late in games when teams were in prevent. I think he can be a solid 2-3 receiver but thats about it. I would say we would see what hes got this weekend. But it might be hard because of the shifting of the line, im expecting a bunch of screens hopefully to counter bad lineman

Athos

Legend

He stretched defenses more than Austin did, has great footwork, and runs clean routes. Great hands. Hasn't been given much of a chance when Quick/Britt were the combos mainly seeing time.

I think we see what he can bring the rest of the season.

Teran

UDFA
He reminds me most of Torry Holt. He needs a quarterback that can throw it on time.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i agree about route running and great hands but hes not very elusive at all. The las couple games ive seen hes only gotten open late in games when teams were in prevent. I think he can be a solid 2-3 receiver but thats about it. I would say we would see what hes got this weekend. But it might be hard because of the shifting of the line, im expecting a bunch of screens hopefully to counter bad lineman

This isnt college though. none of that matters now

Well, maybe not elusive like some, but he tends to make a single move and then turn on the burners after the catch. He's not afraid to make a move.

Kid had a nose for the end zone in college and, yes, it does matter somewhat. If you can't look at his play in college to get an idea of what he is capable of, what can you look at?

lockdnram21

Legend
Well, maybe not elusive like some, but he tends to make a single move and then turn on the burners after the catch. He's not afraid to make a move.

Kid had a nose for the end zone in college and, yes, it does matter somewhat. If you can't look at his play in college to get an idea of what he is capable of, what can you look at?
If u say so but I don't see it.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

Thanks for the reply. I'd like love Bailey and all the other young talent we have to come good n fulfil potential. I guess I'm just tired of hearing about potential and upside - I want to see some meaningful results as I'm sure we all do.