What has happened to Rams WR Stedman Bailey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Your correct. I forgot they shortened his penalty. thanks. I'm not sure how many games he's been active for or played in since coming back!
He's been active every game but with Quick and Britt emerging didn't leave many snaps for him. I figured that's how it would go. But now he's got his chance.

Rams0307

Davis has shown a propensity to want to throw to our taller receivers. He's lost two of those guys now, so we'll see who his favorite target becomes.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
TA and Bailey could be destroying teams with misdirection, imaginative plays, and trick plays every game. They are tight. They were an unstoppable duo in college. They are the victims of a lack of imagination.

THEY could be the answer to the pass rush. TA in the backfield with Bailey in motion, Britt stretching the field and Cook in the seam. They would never know where it was going. Sweeps with Harkey and Britt blocking. Double reverses. Hiking it directly to the man in motion. Pitching it back after a handoff. Then TA opposite Britt. Stacking the three of them. There are endless opportunities with this much talent.
Been saying the same thing for a long time. The Rams should be using Bailey and Tavon together and Robinson and Mason together. The skies the limit. Unfortunately if it has not been done by now I don't see it happening. What a waste.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i just have to bite my tongue (or fingers) while talking about Schotennheimer so i dont insult too much. its just turned into a joke...
like they said, whether Tavon is having route trouble or not makes no excuse for him not being set up for a stretch play or deep post route. as far as Bailey, WTF is Schotty's problem? not to directly compare but what made Bruce and Holt great wasnt crazy athletic ability but hands, route running and football IQ. Bailey has the potential to sharpen all these skills to a game changing level. The man caught a punt full speed OVER THE SHOULDER! that is extremely difficult and Deon Sanders made note that that was very impressive. the fact that both our Mountaineers are barely getting any looks or experience on the field is unacceptable whether Davis is the QB or not. yes the NFL isnt college but these two were the nucleus of one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history. just move over Schottenheimer and let someone else drive the damn bus

It is what it is. I don't expect changes. There isn't an analyst out there that is impressed by Schotty and that's been for years, and nothing changes.

It's not time for new blood. It's time to ask why there wasn't new blood long ago.

Bradford has done next to nothing and I still see great potential. Fantastic potential. Same with TA, Bailey, Quick, Tre Mason, Zac Stacy, Cunningham, Donald, Jenkins, Cook, Bayer, Kendricks, Robinson, Gaines, Sims, Hayes, it goes on and on. I see no further potential for Schotty. He has had so many years to improve his craft. He's an MD where we need a heart surgeon.

That's not an excuse for GW, the biggest disappointment of the season, "fixing" what wasn't broken, or Fisher, but Schotty is NOT the guy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So your saying that Bailey should have seen more time then Quick or Britt if so I disagree. There's a reason he was a 3rd round pick
from what I've seen Baileys has been covered like a glove more times then not. Now Tavon should be a beast.

I have to disagree. I think he's been as ready as TA from day one but they over-pressed TA and left Bailey, season one. to crush on special teams until they needed him, and he lit it up. Has he dropped a pass yet?

In my mind, it's time to stop blaming the talent. They ask TA to fake a punt fair catch and he does and Bailey catches an OVER THE SHOULDER punt for a TD. When is the last time you saw an over the shoulder punt return catch?

Seriously. These two overflow with talent. Bailey was a monster in college and has stepped up at every opportunity in the NFL. Yet he is underutilized. Why? There is no answer. TA smoked teams when he was given plays designed and executed to take advantage of what he does well, but Schotty runs him up the middle over and over and over and over. What is that?

Neither Quick nor Britt has accomplished what rookie TA did in the games where he was utilized well. Not even close. And that's saying something because they both showed their worth this season.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
It is what it is. I don't expect changes. There isn't an analyst out there that is impressed by Schotty and that's been for years, and nothing changes.

It's not time for new blood. It's time to ask why there wasn't new blood long ago.

Bradford has done next to nothing and I still see great potential. Fantastic potential. Same with TA, Bailey, Quick, Tre Mason, Zac Stacy, Cunningham, Donald, Jenkins, Cook, Bayer, Kendricks, Robinson, Gaines, Sims, Hayes, it goes on and on. I see no further potential for Schotty. He has had so many years to improve his craft. He's an MD where we need a heart surgeon.

That's not an excuse for GW, the biggest disappointment of the season, "fixing" what wasn't broken, or Fisher, but Schotty is NOT the guy.
100%. There is such huge potential and young playmakers on this team to fill both sides of the ball and be playoff contenders. I'm a big pessimist but the talent is ALL there right now. which is something that hasnt been there as a whole for most of a decade. In the past I had given up being angry cus there was zero hope. but now i just get plain angry because the talent is simply being squandered by coaching and some bad luck. Fisher you keep, Williams you give one more year to figure it out but Fisher needs to help change the philosophy on that side of the ball. Schotty needs to go but someone needs to step in that can keep the same scheme but actually be skilled enough to call the game like the chess match it is.

Oh and I don't give a shit how much flak ppl give but Bradford needs to come back and finish out if he's fully healthy. Ive waited to goddamn long for the pieces to fall in place and I dont wanna hear about gamble on some first round QB none of which Im impressed with and may even have to trade up to get. You people want playoffs next year you gamble on Bradford with or without his full 16 million over a Mariota or a Winston. And give him another massive first round O lineman in front of him.

lockdnram21

Legend
I have to disagree. I think he's been as ready as TA from day one but they over-pressed TA and left Bailey, season one. to crush on special teams until they needed him, and he lit it up. Has he dropped a pass yet?

In my mind, it's time to stop blaming the talent. They ask TA to fake a punt fair catch and he does and Bailey catches an OVER THE SHOULDER punt for a TD. When is the last time you saw an over the shoulder punt return catch?

Seriously. These two overflow with talent. Bailey was a monster in college and has stepped up at every opportunity in the NFL. . Why? There is no answer. TA smoked teams when he was given plays designed and executed to take advantage of what he does well, but Schotty runs him up the middle over and over and over and over. What is that?

Neither Quick nor Britt has accomplished what rookie TA did in the games where he was utilized well. Not even close. And that's saying something because they both showed their worth this season.

Britt had more yards and catches then Ta his rookie year but I'm not even talking him. I'm talking about Bailey. This year you should have known if Quick was ready he was gone play. Also Bailey put his self in that position by getting suspended. I also don't call 17 catches and no receiving tds lighting up. He did ok. But how do you know he was ready at the beginning of last season? With him getting his chance now I still don't he will be that much of a factor. I think we're going to see a lot of Cook. Like saints use Graham.

lockdnram21

Legend
100%. There is such huge potential and young playmakers on this team to fill both sides of the ball and be playoff contenders. I'm a big pessimist but the talent is ALL there right now. which is something that hasnt been there as a whole for most of a decade. In the past I had given up being angry cus there was zero hope. but now i just get plain angry because the talent is simply being squandered by coaching and some bad luck. Fisher you keep, Williams you give one more year to figure it out but Fisher needs to help change the philosophy on that side of the ball. Schotty needs to go but someone needs to step in that can keep the same scheme but actually be skilled enough to call the game like the chess match it is.

Oh and I don't give a crap how much flak ppl give but Bradford needs to come back and finish out if he's fully healthy. Ive waited to goddamn long for the pieces to fall in place and I dont wanna hear about gamble on some first round QB none of which Im impressed with and may even have to trade up to get. You people want playoffs next year you gamble on Bradford with or without his full 16 million over a Mariota or a Winston. And give him another massive first round O lineman in front of him.
Bradford want even be ready at beginning of season. The 2nd time u tear same acl it takes longer. Also this time I expect them to be more cautious.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Been saying the same thing for a long time. The Rams should be using Bailey and Tavon together and Robinson and Mason together. The skies the limit. Unfortunately if it has not been done by now I don't see it happening. What a waste.

I'm a huge fan of the talent this team has acquired. All drafts are gambles and all have limitations. They spent well for what was there and hit big on some and missed on some but, overall, picked great talent. Fisher is fuking up not using the talent. He's falling on Schotty's sword and, now, maybe GWs. I can't fault him for the GW change because it's still new but Schotty... what can anyone say? They like his TA up the middle? They like his 3rd and long runs up the middle? They like his 3rd and 1 bombs when we know AD isn't accurate?

For two years I hated Schotty. ROD has warned me, with good reason and being fair, many times to stop being so vocal about Schotty. I'm like the RFID Watkins lover of Schotty haters of ROD. This season he's had around three games where I thought he had excellent play calling for a quarter or even a half. GREAT play calling. FANTASTIC choices where it was like he knew exactly what every player excelled at and when to use that talent. Then you watch KC and he has ZERO. NOTHING. It was horrible.

If Fisher doesn't replace Schotty, I won't be back next year. Too much for too long to excuse this. I was a Saints fan when the paper bags were common. I have staying power. But I know when they refuse to adjust to the facts.

Anyone who thinks this offense couldn't put up 30 points a game against anyone is just AD worshiping and protecting the present coaching over the potential. Snead might be the best ever. The talent is there. This team, just as it is, could crush other teams.

The Rams are currently one of the worst teams in the NFL with some of the best talent in the NFL. What else do we need to know?

Does Robert Quinn suck?! Do any of our RBs suck? Does Davis suck? Britt? TA? Bailey? Gaines? Donald? Hayes? Sims? Cook? Britt? Kendricks? Jenkins? It goes on and on. They don't suck.

WHO SUCKS?

Penguin.

Rookie
SHOTTY SUCKS!

Oh, I thought we were chanting or something haha.

But ya, we have way too much talent on this team for them to play so freaking bad.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm a huge fan of the tal

Does Robert Quinn suck?! Do any of our RBs suck? Does Davis suck? Britt? TA? Bailey? Gaines? Donald? Hayes? Sims? Cook? Britt? Kendricks? Jenkins? It goes on and on. They don't suck.

WHO SUCKS?
I'm a huge fan of the talent this team has acquired. All drafts are gambles and all have limitations. They spent well for what was there and hit big on some and missed on some but, overall, picked great talent. Fisher is fuking up not using the talent. He's falling on Schotty's sword and, now, maybe GWs. I can't fault him for the GW change because it's still new but Schotty... what can anyone say? They like his TA up the middle? They like his 3rd and long runs up the middle? They like his 3rd and 1 bombs when we know AD isn't accurate?

For two years I hated Schotty. ROD has warned me, with good reason and being fair, many times to stop being so vocal about Schotty. I'm like the RFID Watkins lover of Schotty haters of ROD. This season he's had around three games where I thought he had excellent play calling for a quarter or even a half. GREAT play calling. FANTASTIC choices where it was like he knew exactly what every player excelled at and when to use that talent. Then you watch KC and he has ZERO. NOTHING. It was horrible.

If Fisher doesn't replace Schotty, I won't be back next year. Too much for too long to excuse this. I was a Saints fan when the paper bags were common. I have staying power. But I know when they refuse to adjust to the facts.

Anyone who thinks this offense couldn't put up 30 points a game against anyone is just AD worshiping and protecting the present coaching over the potential. Snead might be the best ever. The talent is there. This team, just as it is, could crush other teams.

The Rams are currently one of the worst teams in the NFL with some of the best talent in the NFL. What else do we need to know?

WHO SUCKS?
Well nice knowing you I doubt he gets rid of Schotty. We will see what Bailey does now that Quick is hurt.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Oh and I don't give a crap how much flak ppl give but Bradford needs to come back and finish out if he's fully healthy. Ive waited to goddamn long for the pieces to fall in place and I dont wanna hear about gamble on some first round QB none of which Im impressed with and may even have to trade up to get. You people want playoffs next year you gamble on Bradford with or without his full 16 million over a Mariota or a Winston. And give him another massive first round O lineman in front of him.

Damn well said. I would add that I wouldn't bet on Bradford, of course, but I would certainly allow him the opportunity for a much reduced rate. I want to see what Hill can do now. I know I will be attacked again with no consideration for the fact that AD can barely win 1 out of 3 games, but I accept that. This team is so talented that it might even overcome Schotty if they would use Hill. He's better than AD, and he always has been.

At this point, my only hope is that AD goes down with the FLU so that I'm not attacked for wanting the better QB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well nice knowing you I doubt he gets rid of Schotty. We will see what Bailey does now that Quick is hurt.

If the Rams' coaching blows this window of talent from the Washington trade, this will go down as the biggest failure ever in the NFL.

When has any team had so many top picks and been in the bottom of the NFL after three years?

This isn't "Aw, shucks", this is the biggest failure with the biggest opportunity ever in history.

When I was a saints fan and we wore the bags, the saints had a kicker, Morten Anderson, that kicked ass, and that's it.

The Rams don't even have that this season.

We aren't talking about failure, we are talking about historical failure once again.

diverdown

UDFA

WHO SUCKS?
Well, Cook and Jenkins kind of suck. At best, very overrated. And I'd say the RBs are average (but good enough). Otherwise, yes, there is too much talent on this team for them to continue to be so bad.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Damn well said. I would add that I wouldn't bet on Bradford, of course, but I would certainly allow him the opportunity for a much reduced rate. I want to see what Hill can do now. I know I will be attacked again with no consideration for the fact that AD can barely win 1 out of 3 games, but I accept that. This team is so talented that it might even overcome Schotty if they would use Hill. He's better than AD, and he always has been.

At this point, my only hope is that AD goes down with the FLU so that I'm not attacked for wanting the better QB.
yea would've liked to see more from Hill but too late now. next year bringing in a journeyman QB that has starting experience would be nice. a Kyle Orton type that can step in until Bradford is ready. idk if Hill will stick around

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Bradford want even be ready at beginning of season. The 2nd time u tear same acl it takes longer. Also this time I expect them to be more cautious.
be funny if jets let go of geno. should be under rookie contract still. pick him up and play him with his mountaineer receivers till Bradford gets back lol