What has happened to Rams WR Stedman Bailey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's been back 2 weeks, and had a 90 yard kick return for a TD. He's just getting started!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With Quick now out Bailey will get the call, however, Davis might now have the time to get him the ball.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As Stedman moves up into a starting role, his STs contributions will be missed.
However, without all those snaps wearing him out, his ability to get open should hopefully return to preseason form.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
He has good hands. Stedman sounds too much like Stud-man for him not to be good. AMIRITE?????

RamzFanz

Damnit
TA and Bailey could be destroying teams with misdirection, imaginative plays, and trick plays every game. They are tight. They were an unstoppable duo in college. They are the victims of a lack of imagination.

THEY could be the answer to the pass rush. TA in the backfield with Bailey in motion, Britt stretching the field and Cook in the seam. They would never know where it was going. Sweeps with Harkey and Britt blocking. Double reverses. Hiking it directly to the man in motion. Pitching it back after a handoff. Then TA opposite Britt. Stacking the three of them. There are endless opportunities with this much talent.

Last edited:

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bailey should be awesome given the chance.. he can track the ball in the air like no other.

Irish

Starter
Poor/inconsistent QB play, coupled with crappy play calling, coupled with poor execution by the offensive line, coupled with stout defenses, coupled with missing time due to suspensions=Bailey 2014

Athos

Legend
The suspension slowed him down I think. Didn't really get involved in offense against Dallas even though he was able to return that game.

You have to figure with Quick down and Pettis gone, Bailey will be starting opposite Britt. Like RamFanz said though...Shotty is puking up the joint by not being more imaginative with those two on offense.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
TA and Bailey could be destroying teams with misdirection, imaginative plays, and trick plays every game. They are tight. They were an unstoppable duo in college. They are the victims of a lack of imagination.

THEY could be the answer to the pass rush. TA in the backfield with Bailey in motion, Britt stretching the field and Cook in the seam. They would never know where it was going. Sweeps with Harkey and Britt blocking. Double reverses. Hiking it directly to the man in motion. Pitching it back after a handoff. Then TA opposite Britt. Stacking the three of them. There are endless opportunities with this much talent.
You applied for the OC job yet? I think you have a shot!(y)

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
You have to figure with Quick down and Pettis gone, Bailey will be starting opposite Britt. Like RamFanz said though...Shotty is puking up the joint by not being more imaginative with those two on offense.
It is

It is not about Schotty. It will be TA on the outside.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i just have to bite my tongue (or fingers) while talking about Schotennheimer so i dont insult too much. its just turned into a joke...
like they said, whether Tavon is having route trouble or not makes no excuse for him not being set up for a stretch play or deep post route. as far as Bailey, WTF is Schotty's problem? not to directly compare but what made Bruce and Holt great wasnt crazy athletic ability but hands, route running and football IQ. Bailey has the potential to sharpen all these skills to a game changing level. The man caught a punt full speed OVER THE SHOULDER! that is extremely difficult and Deon Sanders made note that that was very impressive. the fact that both our Mountaineers are barely getting any looks or experience on the field is unacceptable whether Davis is the QB or not. yes the NFL isnt college but these two were the nucleus of one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history. just move over Schottenheimer and let someone else drive the damn bus

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This.

Give these WRs to Martz, or Chip Kelly, or any other competent OC who knows how to field a top passing game and they'd be killing it. Seriously, if I were the owner I'd insist we go in another direction. Schotty's had three years with us, the dude is not the answer for the Rams, let him go torture another fan base. There is talent on this roster, we need someone who can bring it out consistently.

Future of the NFL is the passing game from a rules and statistical perspective. It is undeniable. There's nothing wrong with sustaining balance with the running game, but having a strong passing game is how you get points. Fish needs an OC that is worthy of his hands-off approach, a guy who will be that head coach on the offensive side.

lockdnram21

Legend
i just have to bite my tongue (or fingers) while talking about Schotennheimer so i dont insult too much. its just turned into a joke...
like they said, whether Tavon is having route trouble or not makes no excuse for him not being set up for a stretch play or deep post route. as far as Bailey, WTF is Schotty's problem? not to directly compare but what made Bruce and Holt great wasnt crazy athletic ability but hands, route running and football IQ. Bailey has the potential to sharpen all these skills to a game changing level. The man caught a punt full speed OVER THE SHOULDER! that is extremely difficult and Deon Sanders made note that that was very impressive. the fact that both our Mountaineers are barely getting any looks or experience on the field is unacceptable whether Davis is the QB or not. yes the NFL isnt college but these two were the nucleus of one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history. just move over Schottenheimer and let someone else drive the damn bus
So your saying that Bailey should have seen more time then Quick or Britt if so I disagree. There's a reason he was a 3rd round pick
from what I've seen Baileys has been covered like a glove more times then not. Now Tavon should be a beast.