What happens when...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
How do any of us know if Sam isn't leading?

All I hear is that he's the leader and that he has command of that huddle and has since his rookie season.

So where does anyone get that he's not leading or not a leader?
This comes up every time a team is losing. And the coach will be under fire, because he's not tough enough, or doesn't yell enough. Everybody forgets about all the offseason work that Sam organized, being voted team captain, other players and coaches going out of their way to say that Sam has taken the reins as a leader.

We don't see Sam freak out on the sideline, or publicly embarrass a teammate that already knows he screwed up. Forget that he's dealing with the youngest skill group in the NFL. I remember when Sam was mic'd last year, and he sounded every bit the leader, he's just not an asshole about it.

What we see is the coverage that the networks love, which is showing a player when they are down, or frustrated, or hurt. They rarely show someone on the sideline who is encouraging someone, or teaching them.

Of course leadership comes in many different forms and different people respond to different styles of leadership. You don't have to yell and scream to be a leader.

Being voted team captain is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully Sam will assert himself as a player and grow as the team leader in the very near future

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What happens?
I start re-iterating my desire to see our HC replicate what was done after 2 years of Vermiel ,iow hire anOC with great. QB development credentials like ,Martz but not necessarily him

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
What happens?
I start re-iterating my desire to see our HC replicate what was done after 2 years of Vermiel ,iow hire anOC with great. QB development credentials like ,Martz but not necessarily him

If the worm doesn't start to change this season Fisher should make a move like the Ravens did last season.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
What happens?

It would get very interesting to see how Kroenke reacts if the Rams finish very poorly this year.

Will there be pressure on Fisher to make significant changes?

This is very likely another losing season, likely another top 10 draft pick type season. You'd think Kroenke would do more than just sit still when the dome has so few in attendance.

I bet Fisher reacts poorly to having to change his hand picked people. He is a fairly arrogant guy. I think he will react a lot worse than Vermeil did.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
Thordaddy said:
What happens?

It would get very interesting to see how Kroenke reacts if the Rams finish very poorly this year.

Will there be pressure on Fisher to make significant changes?

This is very likely another losing season, likely another top 10 draft pick type season. You'd think Kroenke would do more than just sit still when the dome has so few in attendance.

I bet Fisher reacts poorly to having to change his hand picked people. He is a fairly arrogant guy. I think he will react a lot worse than Vermeil did.
I'd say arrogant is a subjective even inflammatory assessment.
Confident? Committed to people whose abilities he's seen over the years? Hopefully, IMO though Kroenke isn't your basic Jerryy Jones playing owner type., I'd say changes will be Fishers idea or non-existent

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CGI_Ram said:
kurtfaulk said:
max said:
What do you think?

i think you think too much.

just let the season play out before you start all your hypotheticals.

I have a hard time getting too far ahead as well.

I mean, it's 4 games into the season with these new players. Check this out;

Sam's better than Flacco and Eli Manning and a whole bunch of other starters right now. This is a hard position to play!

This offense and defense has been consistently bad this season. But, the over-reaction lopped onto Sam for this seems a bit much.

It's not all about stats, but when I look around the league and the way QBs are playing this season, there are only really just 3 QBs that are above and beyond.

Peyton "goddamn" Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees.

Then you got the next group which are the all pro types: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers.

Then there's this group, the hodge-podge of QBs that have the ability to play @ all pro but have minor flaws and/or are benefiting from elite players around them (i.e. Andy Dalton/AJ Green).

Finally you got the QBs that cost their teams more than they help...Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, possibly Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Matt Flynn, maybe Carson Palmer, the Buc formerly known as Josh Freeman.

The more I look @ it, most QBs are in the hodge-podge. I'd say, the majority of them are including Sam Bradford. When you step back, and look @ how the QBs around the league (sans the elite 3) they all play...QB. They have good games/bad games, make plays and don't make them.

Fuck the stats, fuck the QB rating, and especially fuck the QBR. It's an ugly game and QBs are a part of that.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
kurtfaulk said:
max said:
What do you think?

i think you think too much.

just let the season play out before you start all your hypotheticals.

I have a hard time getting too far ahead as well.

I mean, it's 4 games into the season with these new players. Check this out;

Sam's better than Flacco and Eli Manning and a whole bunch of other starters right now. This is a hard position to play!

This offense and defense has been consistently bad this season. But, the over-reaction lopped onto Sam for this seems a bit much.

It's not all about stats, but when I look around the league and the way QBs are playing this season, there are only really just 3 QBs that are above and beyond.

Peyton "goddamn" Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees.

Then you got the next group which are the all pro types: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers.

Then there's this group, the hodge-podge of QBs that have the ability to play @ all pro but have minor flaws and/or are benefiting from elite players around them (i.e. Andy Dalton/AJ Green).

Finally you got the QBs that cost their teams more than they help...Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, possibly Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Matt Flynn, maybe Carson Palmer, the Buc formerly known as Josh Freeman.

The more I look @ it, most QBs are in the hodge-podge. I'd say, the majority of them are including Sam Bradford. When you step back, and look @ how the QBs around the league (sans the elite 3) they all play...QB. They have good games/bad games, make plays and don't make them.

freak the stats, freak the QB rating, and especially freak the QBR. It's an ugly game and QBs are a part of that.

Funny thing about the elite 3.

When I had my fantasy draft, I thought it was pretty clear that there were only 3 QBs who were in the sure thing to put up big points this year. The elite 3 of Brees, Rodgers, and Manning.

My FF league is heavily skewed to TDs and long TDs based on a warped scoring system that was put in place years before I got in. So you have got to have a top 3 QB to win the league.

Anyway, those 3 guys are money and give their teams a huge advantage.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm holding out hope that we get a lot more wins than 4 but if that happens, you don't look to QB. Although SB's play concerns me at times, he is still a decent QB. It appears right now we need an OT, OG, CB, RB, and maybe LB much worse than a new QB. I'm just hoping the Redskins flop and give us a high top rounder that maybe we can turn into two good picks and fill three of our holes.