What happens when...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Rams can easily finish with a 4-12 record this year. The remaining schedule doesn't have many likely wins on it. And unless Bradford shows dramatic improvement, I don't see more than 4, maybe 5 wins.

It will interesting to hear what Fisher has to say if he is drafting 3rd overall. I guess he could say I told you we wouldn't be drafting 2nd overall again.

More importantly, do they draft a QB high?

If Bradford ends up being a jag, can they pass on a great QB prospect at the top of the draft next year?

They are saying Sam is gonna be a good one, trust us. But will they change their tune in April if Sam stays basically the same?

I think they have got to be proactive, they just can't stand pat with Sam and let a great QB prospect draft pass them by holding 2 high picks.

What do you think?
Edit Reply Quote Report

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Rams have more pressing needs! O line and DB's come to mind first. Sam's got to prove to me he is not a NFL qb before I'd go there! OC would be gone before him!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rhinobean said:
Rams have more pressing needs! O line and DB's come to mind first. Sam's got to prove to me he is not a NFL qb before I'd go there! OC would be gone before him!

Problem with that is you're giving Sam ANOTHER OC, his 5th in 6years counting college. That just makes his issues worse according to many including Vermeil.

Snead/Fisher would have a huge problem if they didn't draft a QB high and Sam flatlined and a QB they passed on looked great.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Looks like they got a problem right now with opposing defenses stopping them from scorinng. When the db's are running the routes our receivers are it makes it hard to complete passesto them. I'd consider it if the team doesn't improve their production over the last 12 games and Sam continues like he has the last 2 weeks!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
rhinobean said:
Looks like they got a problem right now with opposing defenses stopping them from scorinng. When the db's are running the routes our receivers are it makes it hard to complete passesto them. I'd consider it if the team doesn't improve their production over the last 12 games and Sam continues like he has the last 2 weeks!

Yup. They have 12 weeks to show something a lot better than what they have shown so far. The goal is to win the Super Bowl within the next few years, and a lot has to change to get back on that path, including QB.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
First of all. I see this team getting 6 wins minimum, so I really don't think they'll be picking third.

Second, I don't think it matters anyway. Good offensive lines make bad backs look good and bad lines make good backs look bad.

So for that reason I'd like them to focus on the secondary first. Conversely we rely too much on the defensive line. They need to be in a position to replace Finnegan and they need to finally put the concerns at safety to rest.

After that it's all about the offensive line. Then and only then do the skill players really have a chance. When they have a decent O line, then I think they can worry about whether or not they need to replace the QB.

But the backfield on offense is far less of a concern for the team and that to me has been a glaring weakness for a long time.

I wouldn't even suggest trying to replace the offensive coordinator until our woes at the offensive line are settled. But I think in order for this team to excel in the playoffs, the OC will need to be replaced.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Promote OC from within.

System is fine. Play calling is an art!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
max said:
What do you think?

i think you think too much.

just let the season play out before you start all your hypotheticals.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
kurtfaulk said:
max said:
What do you think?

Good idea. Let's all let this season play out before we discuss the future of the team. Silly me, talking about next year. I'm sure Snead and Fisher aren't even thinking about that at all. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ChrisW said:
EastRam said:
Promote OC from within.

System is fine. Play calling is an art!

Ray Sherman for OC.
Not a bad idea i guess. His track record as an OC is mixed.
'98 Steelers missed the playoffs when the Kordell Srewart experiment began.(7-9)
'99 Vikings(10-6) were very good when Jeff George took over for Randall Cunningham but eventually got smacked down in the playoffs by none other than our beloved Rams :sly:

I wonder if there's anyone else on this staff who could get a look as an OC. ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
kurtfaulk said:
max said:
What do you think?

I have a hard time getting too far ahead as well.

I mean, it's 4 games into the season with these new players. Check this out;

Sam's better than Flacco and Eli Manning and a whole bunch of other starters right now. This is a hard position to play!

This offense and defense has been consistently bad this season. But, the over-reaction lopped onto Sam for this seems a bit much.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:
kurtfaulk said:
max said:
What do you think?

I have a hard time getting too far ahead as well.

I mean, it's 4 games into the season with these new players. Check this out;

Sam's better than Flacco and Eli Manning and a whole bunch of other starters right now. This is a hard position to play!

This offense and defense has been consistently bad this season. But, the over-reaction lopped onto Sam for this seems a bit much.

Just a thought..Lead, Follow or get outta da way.

Brady and Eli lead. Flacco did last season.

I think if Sam showed more outward leadership some of us may not be so down on him. Dunno, like I said just a thought.

bluecoconuts

Legend
How do any of us know if Sam isn't leading?

All I hear is that he's the leader and that he has command of that huddle and has since his rookie season.

So where does anyone get that he's not leading or not a leader?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:

All I hear is that he's the leader and that he has command of that huddle and has since his rookie season.

I can't speak and won't speak for anyone else.

From my eyes of watching 90% of every Rams game over the past 30 years. Sam doesn't look or act like a leader to me. But thats just one mans opinion.

Lesson

Oh, really?
EastRam said:
bluecoconuts said:

From my eyes of watching 90% of every Rams game over the past 30 years. Sam doesn't look or act like a leader to me. But thats just one mans opinion.

Sam was elected captain for a reason. Unfortunately, we aren't privy to entirely hear what's said on the field and locker room, so I don't your assessment is a fair one, but I do respect your opinion.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:

This comes up every time a team is losing. And the coach will be under fire, because he's not tough enough, or doesn't yell enough. Everybody forgets about all the offseason work that Sam organized, being voted team captain, other players and coaches going out of their way to say that Sam has taken the reins as a leader.

We don't see Sam freak out on the sideline, or publicly embarrass a teammate that already knows he screwed up. Forget that he's dealing with the youngest skill group in the NFL. I remember when Sam was mic'd last year, and he sounded every bit the leader, he's just not an asshole about it.

What we see is the coverage that the networks love, which is showing a player when they are down, or frustrated, or hurt. They rarely show someone on the sideline who is encouraging someone, or teaching them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
max said:
rhinobean said:

Problem with that is you're giving Sam ANOTHER OC, his 5th in 6years counting college. That just makes his issues worse according to many including Vermeil.

Snead/Fisher would have a huge problem if they didn't draft a QB high and Sam flatlined and a QB they passed on looked great.

How's RG3 doing so far this season?

It explains itself. No, I would shore up other needs. SB will be fine IMHO.

In fact. If the Rams had #3 and there was another RG3, I would make the same deal. Much better to add to the draft picks than replace one of the best players on the team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
EastRam said:
bluecoconuts said:

Everyone has their own style of leadership, you don't have to yell or scream to be a good leader.

As a Kings fan I watched for years as everyone said that their captain, Dustin Brown, wasn't a leader because he didn't yell on the ice and he wasn't the best player on the team (however still a top player), even though the team said they loved him as a captain and thought he was great because he led by example. Then he led the team to a championship two years ago and he's considered one of the best captains in the league.

Different styles of leadership, if Sam wasn't a leader he wouldn't have a C on his jersey. I would say that Sam is a good leader, not everything is viewable by the fan. I'm not the type of leader who screams or yells or goes nuts either, but every person I've led has said I was one of the best they've had.

V3

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:

I agree with you that it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes which is why I've never really brought it up when talking about Bradford. To me, it's less about "being a leader" and more about watching to see if he's doing the same mistakes that he's done for years. Leaders come in different forms. Some are quiet and lead by example. Others are boisterous and scream to make sure everyone is listening. What matters to me is whatever gets results.

And that's where it stands with Bradford, IMO.