What happened to the toss?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Everyone has been trying to emulate the success the pats had with 6 guys on the line, the Rams responded with the toss crack with some success. This week we didn’t see it at all although they did have some success right up the middle.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Everyone has been trying to emulate the success the pats had with 6 guys on the line, the Rams responded with the toss crack with some success. This week we didn’t see it at all although they did have some success right up the middle.
The Browns were looking for it since we did it last week. We adjusted late second half though and started cutting back up the middle. It will be a week to week thing i guess depending on what the defense does.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Browns have really good edge rushers, and were modifying their defensive call by having a linebacker float to one side or another to take away those stretch runs. That left the cut back lane up the middle, which McVay took advantage of.

McVay needs to find some passing plays to beat that defensive front, something that can get large chunks of plays. Until he finds that, teams will continue to employ it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Browns have really good edge rushers, and were modifying their defensive call by having a linebacker float to one side or another to take away those stretch runs. That left the cut back lane up the middle, which McVay took advantage of.

McVay needs to find some passing plays to beat that defensive front, something that can get large chunks of plays. Until he finds that, teams will continue to employ it.
Why not short passes like the Browns had designed? Talking 7-8 yard slants and outs? Worked a couple times yesterday. We can also run more bootleg since teams are using six man fronts.

These aren't big gainers, but they will frustrate a defense and will lead to Ws.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

They have a lot of speed on the defense did you notice that.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

We need to use the TEs more in the passing game.

Rainram

Starter
That’s where it’d be nice to throw a jumbo package in their face.

An extra OL. Or better yet, some split back, I-formation, offset I. Something!!!

I LOVE McVay!! But where is some of this???

Put Higs on the line and Everett at HB. Or vice versa. Brown and Gurley on the field at the same time with both TEs on the line.

Defenses wanna play that game...fine!

What makes it that much more lethal is our TEs and RBs are great in the passing game.

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goff doesn’t have time, Every gap is filled and somebody’s coming free, but as long as this keeps working teams are going to muck it up. I agree that they need to loosen up the defenses somehow whether that’s Gurley breaking big runs or Goff over the top.
I watch the Chiefs against a tough defense and I wonder why are the Rams not able to loosen up the defenses that way.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Goff doesn’t have time, Every gap is filled and somebody’s coming free, but as long as this keeps working teams are going to muck it up. I agree that they need to loosen up the defenses somehow whether that’s Gurley breaking big runs or Goff over the top.
I watch the Chiefs against a tough defense and I wonder why are the Rams not able to loosen up the defenses that way.

They say the Chiefs have a much better line. That really helps. Our line isn't terrible but it ain't what it was the last couple years.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because when a chiefs play goes wrong speedfreak Hill goes long and patty launches a bomb for him to run under and catch (partial blue don’t )