What happen to using the TE?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Kendrixks has been active in the passing game.
Higbee is a rookie. A rookie TE. They rarely make an impact as rookies.

Also. When you see 7-9 men in the box, someone has to block these guys if you want to run.

More shots down field = more defensive players off the LOS = more running lanes = more TE in the passing game

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
During OTA and training camp there were a lot of talk about the use of the TEs this year where is it? They are not throwing to the TE anymore than last year. Best way to help out a QB is using the TE.
Very True! And I like the idea, but at the same time, I'm conflicted, I want to see the Team get Cooper and Spruce involved too!(y);):D

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I concur with the arm strength and height reasoning. The arm strength has nothing to do with how deep he throws it, but the velocity at which he can toss it. Tight windows require more zip to the throw.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brees also has a lot better feet and moves around the pocket extremely well to find the lanes to throw through. Keenum is definitely no Brees. You can't even mention there names in the same sentence.

I concur, but you can't just identify height as the issue either.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Drew glides around in the pocket better than any short QB since Fran Tarkenton. Case's pocket mobility is no where close to Drew's.

Again, I concur, but the only issue identified was height, so, it's not just height, it's Keenum lack of quick feet in the pocket that limit's his ability to see the tight ends.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
and does not have a big arm....but, hey, it is only a physical skill position, right?

No, but I was responding to posts that stipulated the reason for Keenum's inability to locate the Tight End was height, well, now, it's more than height and that was the reason I posted that he was taller than Brees.

So putting this together, the reason Keenum cannot hit the tight end is height, slow feet and arm strength....So in essence, it is more than just height.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Problem is Keenum. Dude is routinely LATE on his throws and you can't do that with TEs if you want to complete passes because they're always in traffic.

Even the throw the other day in the endzone was late. I don't know if it's the progression of the reads, but regardless if they want to make TEs a routine target they have to get it out on-time to them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Higbee looks lost out there and has had drops and stupid penalties . Right now little Gronk has a long way to go .

He's adjusting, no doubt. But that said when a TE sits down in a short pop pass or inside ten yard route in this offense he's got LBs and DBs nearby and it is important the pass gets there on time.

Right now the dude sits down in the zone and waits for a late ball with dudes climbing over his back, that's tough for a rook to pull off.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's taller than Drew Brees and Brees sees them just fine.
taller than Doug Flutie too, and Flutie SEES the field BETTER...dude doesn't read the defense well...can't see the field...

limit's his ability to see
His height limits his ability to see the field...His skills make him unable to visualize the receivers getting open...

I know all the lil guys THROW through the lanes....not over the line...None of the QB's throw over the line...not Big Ben...Not Flacco...and they throw through the lanes...

Keenum has poor field vision...and limited arm strength...after a certain amount of time...he won't throw the ball if guys are too far...and the reason he doesn't deliver it earlier, is it APPEARS he doesn't SEE anyone open..well, except for ghosts:death:....:eek: