What good would high draft be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know we're reduced to what bad teams are always reduced to. Looking forward to the draft and the high picks we'll be getting. But I'm not at all excited about our prospects of actually winning games. Fisher and Snead have had plenty of extra picks, many in the upper half of the draft. But what good has it done?

Yeah, yeah, I know. But we got some good players with those picks even though a few were whiffs. But lets be real here. How good can those players be? 4 years in and we're not only still losing, we've regressed to one of the worst teams in the league. Obviously those good players are not helping the team win games. Tell me again how much talent we have? Tell me again how excited we'll be on draft day?

After 4 years of steady regression, does anyone really believe the high picks will turn us around? Does anyone really have faith that Fisher and Snead will make the right picks? The picks that will actually result in wins? I sure don't.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The direction that Fisher has us pointed in is one that cares little about how much talent is on the team.

Fisher is stuck in the past and can not seem to shift gears and organize a modern team. With him in control I do not see the draft helping the Rams.

We need to get a group of coaches and a Head coach who can get more out of less.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I think we have some very good players, pro bowlers even. What we don't have is good coaching. Fish and Snead have built a good roster but now we need somebody to fine tune them. They have passed their peter point. Another high pick is waiting for us. 4 and 12 might get the #2 pick. I don't even see us beating the whiners. The way our offense is playing, I'm trying to figure where our next td is coming from. I would love to see Gase come in as HC and keep the defensive Coord. With so many fa's, I wonder who he would keep.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The direction that Fisher has us pointed in is one that cares little about how much talent is on the team.

Fisher is stuck in the past and can not seem to shift gears and organize a modern team. With him in control I do not see the draft helping the Rams.

We need to get a group of coaches and a Head coach who can get more out of less.

Fisher has lost his team. When that happens its time for a new coach. But I doubt he's going anywhere. I got Sunday Ticket for free this year. If I have to pay for it next year I won't be watching Rams games. I don't wanna watch the poor signal I get with those free games online. The Rams won't be worth the money or time if Fisher is back for a 5th year.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The good news is that if Fisher comes back next year they won't need a stadium at all because anyone that has been paying attention to this mess will find something better to watch.
They could play the games at Rams park! Just set up some lawn chairs for the visiting team's fans that make the trip.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
QB.
You don't have a good team without one. We don't have one.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Fisher has let the game pass him by,he would still make an excellent DC somewhere but not HC.All this talent we have can still be saved and turned in to winning team.I like everybody else was happy about the Fisher signing,but its painfully obvious he can't get it done on offence.and I know the players share in some of the blame but it starts at the top and that needs to be addressed asap.

Alan

Legend
While I agree with many of the things being said in this thread, I'm not going to put the whole blame on the Fish or GW or Snead. Look at the starters we had in the first seven weeks and look at what we have now. What that shows me is a lack of depth. Especially on the lines. Lose 2 or 3 starters on both lines and the offense and defense start sucking. I was touting our D-line prowess before the season started but I soon found out that when we lost some starters we no longer had the ability to rotate in fresh quality players and the once formidable D-line wasn't. I still think we're not that far away even without a stellar QB. Though we need a new HC, DC and possibly OC. Nows the time to do it what with the fact that we'll probably have a new QB (as in starter) under center.