What Fisher said to Snyder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't see any signs of bad sportsmanship in what he did either.
It's just a coin toss. It doesn't really mean much at all. I think if anything, it could be construed as a thank you. It didn't seem to be anything but good fun. It's not like Fisher said, "hey Snyder! You're short, stupid, curse word you, and on top of all of that we fleeced you."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're missing my point. Did I say coindidence? No. I just said it may not have been directed to Bud Adams. It was done for gamesmanship . .. in a way maybe only Fisher understands. But how does sending out 3 free agents Adams didn't want constitutie rubbing Adams's nose in it?
It's just my opinion. Since none of us know what his motivations are, I'm going with the one *I* feel to be most likely. It's no secret that Fisher wasn't much of a fan of Bud Adams towards the end there. With regard to the Washington game, I think he was just being funny. Maybe not necessarily trolling the owner, but just trolling in general and giving his players the recognition he thinks they deserve.

If he was a member here, this would be his avatar.

2d6207b48705.jpg

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
It's just my opinion. Since none of us know what his motivations are, I'm going with the one *I* feel to be most likely.

Fine, I agree, but my point is that it may not be an either or. It could be some of both or none of both. Or you could be right. Or wrong. Or part right or part wrong. That's my point. It could be something no one here has posted.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fine, I agree, but my point is that it may not be an either or. It could be some of both or none of both. Or you could be right. Or wrong. Or part right or part wrong. That's my point. It could be something no one here has posted.
You could be right, but I've been known to be wrong about people being right, so...

A55VA6

Legend
I like Fisher, and I think this was hilarious. I bet he made the troll face when he thought of it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
here was a time when the blockbuster 2012 trade between the Washington Redskins and St. Louis Rams that brought the Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was regarded as an unfolding win-win scenario for the two teams. But today the Griffin trade increasingly looks like a lose-lose for both the Redskins and Rams.

Lose/lose?

That makes me lulz/lulz!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm leaning more and more toward the motivation position on this ,but if it pissed someone off he would quote the "Old Ball Coach " who use to say when Florida would beat people by huge margins " GO GET ...............................................Better":p
Edit: IMO it worked too i though Ogletree was playing like a man possessed

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
More info

http://www.espn980.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=8&post_id=21361

Three-and-OUT - An All-Time Low?
by Chris Russell

Yeah, right.

I don't have a whole lot to say and will expand on all of these issues and a lot more Monday night at 7 PM on ESPN 980. I'll also be on at 9:30 with Scott Jackson and 1 PM with Kevin Sheehan and Thom Loverro.

Now a little game of "Three-and-OUT."

1. As hard as this is to say and out of all of the horrific losses the Redskins have suffered over the years, I believe this was the worst. This was beyond brutal because of the week that was that featured story after story, the Saturday nightmare list of bad publicity and then the disaster on Sunday.

The real reason why this is probably the worst, is because you always felt there was hope. Last year's worst loss? A year ago today (December 9th) against Kansas City. The only reason why I say this was worse was because you knew that a coaching change would be coming and a different voice might be able to rescue Robert Griffin III. You thought wrong.

Even I bought in a little and I was wrong. I am stunned that the organazation is in worse shape now than a year ago. A lot worse shape.

2. Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher had a message for his buddy Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder todayfor the coin toss and I certainly wasn't paying attention because of all of the Redskins chaos.

Fisher sent out six players that are on the Rams as a result of the Robert Griffin III trade. Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Zac Stacy, Steadman Bailey, Greg Robinson and Alec Ogletree all came out.

Yeah. Not normal. I would almost say this was really low class, and perhaps it was but you have to remember the politics at play.

Fisher's top assistant Gregg Williams was dumped by Dan Snyder after interviewing four times to be the Redskins head coach following the 2007 season and just for icing on the cake, Fisher and Allen have a strong dislike for each other that was quietly a part of the negotiation of the trade back in 2012.

The other element at play? Mike Shanahan and Fisher are very good friends and make no mistake about it - Fisher was trying to do everything he could to flip the Redskins upper level management the bird.

3. London Fletcher slammed Jim Haslett before the game on CBS Sports Network and then on his own twitter feed, before putting the final dig in against Haslett's son, Chase.

I will just say this, because I have already talked at length about this on the Redskins postgame show on ESPN 980. I was simply stunned that it went down this way, but not about every part of it.

NOBODY was shocked that London Fletcher would blindside somebody (anybody) if it was for personal gain. Everyone that dealt with Fletcher and understood people knew this day would happen, because we knew the individual. That's it.

OUT:

Where do the Redskins go from here? I have no idea exactly. It is beyond clear that nothing is working and will never work under the current climate. The coaches will probably be blamed for most problems and be let go, and somebody will take the pay day thinking they can deal with the political landscape.

The only person I know that would perfectly fit the bill of what Redskins management is looking for is Art Briles. So just hire him if you fire Jay and hopefully you will catch lightning in a bottle.

My guess is you have a better shot of being struck by lightning than that plan actually working, but hey, what do I know?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Paulie is 97.6% right. That leaves the other 2.4% up for debate. I'm giving part of that to both so that actually leaves only about 1.2% for the none option which means @-X- isn't perfect. So disappointed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher was trying to do everything he could to flip the Redskins upper level management the bird.
Seems to be the popular consensus. Coupled with that quote from Thomas, he was giving them the finger and still is.

Ramathon

Yeah that occurs to me too cakes, in the words of Bum Phillips ,you don't feel the splinters till you come back down the pole, it was funny, entertaining, but ................me..................I wouldn't have done it, it's bulletin board amo ,pretty much a lot of the same reason we hate Sherman

I'm sorry, but anyone who gets their knickers in a bunch over a 'dig' like this needs to be sent to a Desensitivity Training Class.

All this 'bulletin board' stuff might be effective the week prior to a game, but if anyone is carrying it around as a 'chip' for extended periods of time, that poor soul has got worse issues than suffering a beatdown at 'work'.