What Fisher said to Snyder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dhaab

Rookie
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that Fisher decided to do this. It's just not a very classy move.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
What ever happened to sportsmanship though? I don't see any signs of that in what Fisher did. The Rams organization are the last ones who should be rubbing bad decisions in another teams face.
I don't see any signs of bad sportsmanship in what he did either.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that Fisher decided to do this. It's just not a very classy move.

Couldn't disagree more. In fact that's the kind of feisty $hit I love about the guy.

We should enjoy that kind of stuff instead of wringing our hands about how we have no room to poke fun. Fact is the Rams are a top franchise already in the front office and staff, it shows in the excellent drafts they have had that keep getting better too.

Wins on the field are the eventual result and they're coming.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Gotta believe if someone rubbed our nose in something similar we wouldn't take kindly to it,it was funny,but not classy

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think an important point that may be missed is that it may have also been as much for our captains as it was a thumb in the face of Washington. "Hey boys, you're the captains today. That team didn't think enough of what you were worth to keep the picks. So why don't you go and show them what a mistake it was." It could have also been a small bit of motivation.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think an important point that may be missed is that it may have also been as much for our captains as it was a thumb in the face of Washington. "Hey boys, you're the captains today. That team didn't think enough of what you were worth to keep the picks. So why don't you go and show them what a mistake it was." It could have also been a small bit of motivation.

I think that's a great point,and I love that we sacked RG out of FG range to preserve the shutout.
But still, IF it was something we used to enhance our players motivation, the continuing media coverage and parsing of it will IMO create a future bulletin board motivator for the Skins and RG as well, there will be a reaction, for all we know it could motivate Snyder to outbid us for Bradfords services if we try to cut his pay, in the end it was his grill we got in.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think that's a great point,and I love that we sacked RG out of FG range to preserve the shutout.
But still, IF it was something we used to enhance our players motivation, the continuing media coverage and parsing of it will IMO create a future bulletin board motivator for the Skins and RG as well, there will be a reaction, for all we know it could motivate Snyder to outbid us for Bradfords services if we try to cut his pay, in the end it was his grill we got in.

I don't think Snyder needs any extra motivation to outbid teams for players. ;)

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Maybe Fisher sent a duel message. One to redskins, but also to Ram "fans" who in a frontrunner way jumped on RG3 bandwagon . . . the board I used to post on had plenty of Sam haters who praised RG3 as Superman. And the StL media, too, who picked out Pead and Rok who didn't work out and also questioned JJ and Brockers as good players, but not "difference" makers.

To me, it said to those Ram "fans" screw you and your second-guessing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am conflicted by it. On one hand, I like it because it shows a level of pride in our young players. Then I think of how the Redskins organization was good enough to place a small memorial and some flowers in the press booth for the late Bryan Burwell and I wonder if this was a bit crass after their kind gesture. Mostly though, I love that we got the win......so whatevs.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Everyone wants to keep saying Fisheris rubbingg Dan snyders nose in it. I have a diff opinion. I tthink it was more for the media and fans tthat keep saying wWashington won the trade

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I don't see anything wrong with what he did after all it was RGme and the Redskins that called our players dirty.So why not throw in their face they started it we finished it period.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With his choice of Team Captains today......

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Are you sure it wasn't Williams, getting even with Snyder, and flipping him off!?!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Everyone wants to keep saying Fisheris rubbingg Dan snyders nose in it. I have a diff opinion. I tthink it was more for the media and fans tthat keep saying wWashington won the trade
I agree. There is a poster on another board, a real head case, loves RG3 hates Fisher . . . and he thought it was not a good idea. That, alone, tells you it was a good idea. It reminds the frontrunner Ram "fans" that you do not determine trades after one eyear

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or. He was rubbing their noses in it. Like he did to Bud Adams last year.

Fisher has been known to alter his pregame captains based on opponent. Against Tennessee last year, Fisher sent former Titans Cortland Finnegan, Jared Cook and William Hayes to midfield to handle the coin toss.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11995476&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnFB&wjb

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Or. He was rubbing their noses in it. Like he did to Bud Adams last year.

Fisher has been known to alter his pregame captains based on opponent. Against Tennessee last year, Fisher sent former Titans Cortland Finnegan, Jared Cook and William Hayes to midfield to handle the coin toss.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11995476&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnFB&wjb

How is that rubbing Bud Adam's nose it it? That was just having former Titans as your captains. Adams didn't want those guys. The RG3 thing was different in that it's possible he was rubbing Snyder's nose in that, but why? It's more likely he's rubbing the media and disloyal fans noses in it, since they were the ones promoting RG3 in 2012 and questioning the trade, especially when Pead and Rok have not done anything . . . look at the articles in 2012 and 2013 . . . the general tone was RG3 got the redskins to playoffs, Fish was 7-8-1 and 7-9. Brockers and JJ and AO were okay young players, but not difference makers . . . etc

This was the attitude, "RG3 is a star on and off the field... People are excited to see him play and he wants to get back. He has essentially lifted a franchise and a community"

yeah . . .and now? Is RG3 a star? on the field? off? That is the kind of front-runner Ram "fan" I am talking about.

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-become-lose-lose-scenario-for-redskins-rams/

here was a time when the blockbuster 2012 trade between the Washington Redskins and St. Louis Rams that brought the Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was regarded as an unfolding win-win scenario for the two teams. But today the Griffin trade increasingly looks like a lose-lose for both the Redskins and Rams.

The Redskins, it seemed initially, had gotten their franchise quarterback. And the Rams had gotten a king’s ransom-worth of draft picks to help build a capable team around the franchise quarterback they believed they already had in Sam Bradford.

But now, in the third season since the trade was completed, the Redskins and Rams are last-place teams with a combined record of 2-9. Griffin and Bradford are hurt. Each team has an unsettled quarterback situation, now and into the future. The two franchises have combined to go 29-45-1 in regular season play since the deal. They have participated in a total of one playoff game, a loss by the Redskins in Griffin’s rookie season. The Redskins in particular are 14-24 since the trade was made. That includes a 7-0 stretch during Griffin’s rookie season; otherwise their record since the swap is 7-24.

said earlier this year, prior to the NFL draft in May, “if Robert has a career where you at least get to the Super Bowl, then I think people will look at it and say, ‘Look, you made a run at it. You had to get a franchise quarterback. There were two of them [Griffin and Luck] that year. And you couldn’t get up to [number] one.’ If he does his part of it, then it doesn’t really matter. [But] if he’s only okay or not any good, then you look at the other side of it.

“Ultimately there’s going to be a player that the Rams got from the trade that’s going to be a good player,” Hasselbeck said then. “That doesn’t necessarily mean the Rams got it right.”

Things have unraveled from the Rams’ end of the Griffin trade because Bradford has been unable to remain healthy and in the lineup. His 2013 season was cut short by a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee suffered last October. His 2014 season ended before it even began when he tore the ACL in his left knee again during a preseason game in August.

But despite Bradford’s injury history, the Rams did little to develop a secondary option. Even after stockpiling picks in the Griffin trade, the Rams used not a single draft choice to provide themselves with a viable Plan B at the sport’s most important position. After Bradford went down this August, the Rams didn’t make a preseason trade for Redskins backup QB Kirk Cousins, Eagles’ backup Mark Sanchez nor Ryan Mallett, the Patriots’ second-stringer since traded to the Texans. Instead, they have ended up crossing their fingers and hoping that a former undrafted player can get the job done.
The Rams first went with veteran backup Shaun Hill before settling most recently on former undrafted free agent Austin Davis. Davis has had some good moments with seven touchdown passes, four interceptions and a passer rating of 89.6 in five games this season, four of them starts. But the Rams are losing and it’s not clear if Davis can develop into a long-term solution at the position.

The Rams are 15-21-1 since the Griffin trade and have not had even a .500 season along the way.

face a decision following this season about whether to exercise their fifth-year option for the 2016 season in Griffin’s original four-year rookie contract. There is no such option in Cousins’s contract since he wasn’t an opening-round draft pick, making him eligible for free agency following the 2015 season.

This isn’t a quarterback controversy in Washington. This is a quarterback problem, one in which the question is: Can either of these guys play well and win games?

It’s certainly not where the Redskins wanted or expected to after making the Griffin trade. And by not properly backing up the most important player on the field, the Rams find themselves sharing this undesirable common ground.

Mark Maske covers the NFL for The Washington Post.

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
See, this is supposed to be journalism. Okay, this record was a fact. "The Rams are 15-21-1 since the Griffin trade and have not had even a .500 season along the way."

Okay, true, But is 7-9 and 7-8-1 different than, say 4-12? With a turnover in roster, and all those medicore players from teh Spagsveney era gone . . .7-8-1 was pretty good. We had the 49ers beat in SF . .. but blew it to result in a tie . . . Had Sam not been hurt I honestly believe we'd have won more games than we did with Clemens. Same this year . ..

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
He didn't do it after the game. If they didn't like it, they had 60 minutes to do something about it. I can't feel bad for other organizations when the Rams were cheated out of second Super Bowl title.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Sure. A coincidence. Let's go with that.
You're missing my point. Did I say coindidence? No. I just said it may not have been directed to Bud Adams. It was done for gamesmanship . .. in a way maybe only Fisher understands. But how does sending out 3 free agents Adams didn't want constitutie rubbing Adams's nose in it?

If there is something I am missing, then explain it to me. If those players flipped off Adams, then THAT may have been directed at Adams>

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxHuUGG_2c

As for yesterday, again, some odd gamesmanship, but the media is reporting it as Fisher trolling pregame to tweak Redskins. The media and fans, as obtuse as they can be, may have missed that the tweak or troll was against them, not Snyder.